Dr. Benjamin Bjerke, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Benjamin Bjerke, MD
Dr. Bjerke completed a combined Neurosurgical and Orthopedic Spine Surgery Fellowship with world-renowned Mayo Clinic. He is pleased to offer the most modern comprehensive spine care with a focus on individualized medicine and patient safety.

Dr. Bjerke's Care Philosophy

Only when surgery is necessary, his goal is to provide an individualized plan of care for each patient. This means providing the safest and minimally-invasive procedure that has proven to be effective. Dr. Bjerke is proficient with the most modern advancements in spine care, including minimal access surgery techniques, stereotactic computer-aided navigation, intra-operative neuromonitoring, and motion-preserving procedures when appropriate.

Dr. Bjerke's Experience

See how Dr. Bjerke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bjerke

Dr. Bjerke accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Bjerke is now accepting new patients
Reno Orthopaedic Clinic555 N Arlington Ave
Reno, NV 89503
(775) 786-3040Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Bjerke has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bjerke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bjerke to family and friends
Dr. Bjerke Says:

Dr. Bjerke appreciates your feedback. Please feel free to contact the office with any questions or concerns. Please contact us directly if you would like to provide a patient testimonial.

Dr. Bjerke's Performance
in Reno,NV |
Dr.Bjerke, was my choice for a second opinion. I was treated so professionally by the entire staff. My appointment was way above my expectations. I felt at ease and everything was explained. In detail. I feel comfortable in the hands of this surgeon.
in Washoe Valley, NV |
Professional and thorough but friendly and relaxed. Quite a nice combination of traits in a doctor.
La Veta, CO |
Dr Bjerke was amazing! He came in the room already knowing my history, explained? my options, and gave me his expert opinion. I would recommend Dr Bjerke to anyone looking for an Orthopaedic surgeon with knowledge, expertise, and an incredibly caring personality.
in Reno, NV |
I was very reluctant to proceed with the surgery Dr. Bjerke recommended for my condition (compression fracture). I became convinced it was the correct option through discussions with Dr. Bjerke during which he explained my situation in detail, leading me to have complete trust in his recommendation, and appreciation for his patience and kindness.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Bjerke had a nice bedside manner and triaged my situation with professionalism. I would recommend Dr. Bjerke to anyone seeking a professional experience from a provider who is willing to take the time to answer all of their questions and provide exceptional care.
in Carson City, Nv |
I was in constant pain and over the counter pain medication was not working. Nights were the worse and I could only sleep on my right side. When I did sleep my legs would curl up and then it was very painful to straighten them out. Dr. Bjerke ordered an MRI that identified a herniated disc pressing against the nerves in my back. He performed surgery and the relief was immediate. It has been 4 months since my surgery and I have had no further problems with my back.
in Reno, NV |
After a hard fall on my tailbone, x-rays indicated 2 vertebrae had compression fractures. That ain't good, especially at age 76. Dr Bjerke successfully used a minimally invasive procedure to readjust the compressed vertabrae to its original position then cement them into place. The only lingering pain after 6 weeks is from a slight fracture of my tailbone itself, which will take another few weeks to heal on its own . Dr. B is a helluva nice guy and he saved my back !! 5 stars for Dr Dr B
in FALLON, NV |
I highly recommend Dr Bjerke to my personal friends and family. He is very skilled and knowledgeable. He spent the time with me to be certain I was well informed and comfortable.
in Reno, NV |
I have never had a doctor, much less a surgeon do this for me: He called me at home after surgery to make sure I was o.k. He made me feel like a person and not a patient at every visit He gave me his cell phone number I have never had another doctor do that and I would trust him with any family member
in Reno, NV |
Doctor Bjerke was attentive and caring before and after my neck surgery. He called me at home, my appointments were always on time, and I felt comfortable at every visit. Thank you!!! A plus and would recommend to anyone!
in Reno, NV |
Fantastic doctor! Dr. Bjerke took the time to go over my images, treatment options, and answered all of my questions. A++ highly recommend!
in Reno, NV |
Very considerate and patient. He was able to figure out my problem and take a way all of my pain. I can't thank him enough.
in Sparks, NV |
Super easy to talk to. Listened to every need i had. Great guy. would recommend
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Bjerke Is an EXCELLENT doctor. He is the perfect balance of medical knowledge and human compassion. I would highly recommend him without any hesitaton. The overall experience is very professional and comprehensive.
in Reno, NV |
i haven't had a doctor take the time like he did to talk about my medical condition. thank you
in Reno, NV |
I have had so much shoulder pain over the years. Dr. Bjerke was the first to figure out that it was coming from my neck. I feel like I have my life back again. The staff in his office were professional and really friendly. After so many years of being bounced and passed around, he figured it out for me. I can not thank him enough.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Bjerke, MD?
Are you Dr. Bjerke?

Compare Dr. Bjerke

Dr. Bjerke says...

Dr. Bjerke completed a combined Neurosurgical and Orthopedic Spine Surgery Fellowship with world-renowned Mayo Clinic. He is pleased to offer the most modern comprehensive spine care with a focus on individualized medicine and patient safety.

Dr. Bjerke's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bjerke says...

Dr. Bjerke specializes in providing the most modern minimally invasive and motion-preserving spine surgery techniques, and in providing individualized care to every patient.

Dr. Bjerke treatments the following conditions:

• Degenerative disc disease
  • Radiculopathy
  • Spinal deformity
  • Post-traumatic spinal conditions
  • And many other conditions

Dr. Bjerke specializes in the following minimally invasive and motion-preserving procedures:

• Cervical disc arthroplasty
  • Cervical laminoplasty
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Lumbar decompression
  • Lateral access fusion (XLIF®)
  • MIS TLIF
  • And other MIS procedures

Dr. Bjerke says...

Dr. Bjerke understands that each patient's goals and expectations are unique, and his goal is always to maximize function while making the recovery process as manageable as possible.

Dr. Bjerke says...

Dr. Bjerke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Arthritis of the Spine
  • Spinal Rigidity

Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Hospital For Special Surgery
    University Of Wisconsin / Madison

Dr. Bjerke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bjerke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery