Dr. Benjamin Barden, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Benjamin Barden, MD
Dr. Benjamin Barden is a graduate of both Emory College and Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Barden completed his internship and residency in orthopaedic surgery at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville Health System in Greenville, South Carolina. Dr. Barden completed a fellowship in sports medicine at the New England Musculoskeletal Institute at the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut. While there, he trained under Dr. Robert Arciero, Dr. John Fulkerson and Dr. Augustus Mazzocca. Dr. Barden played an active role in the orthopaedic care of the University of Connecticut's NCAA Division I atheletes. He is a member of the American Board or Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, South Carolina Orthopaedic Association, and the South Carolina Medical Association. Dr. Barden's primary areas of interest and expertise include Sports Medicine; Shoulder, Hip, and Knee Arthroscopy; Shoulder Instability, Joint Preservation & Cartilage Repair, Patellofemoral Disorders, AC Joint Reconstruction, as well as Shoulder, Hip, and Knee Replacement.

Dr. Barden's Experience

See how Dr. Barden's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barden

Dr. Barden accepts 25 insurance carriers

Dr. Barden is now accepting new patients
NORTHSIDE East Cobb Orthopedics & Sports Medicine4800 Olde Towne Pkwy Ste 430
Marietta, GA 30068
(770) 321-1001Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Barden has admitting privileges.

Dr. Barden's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barden to family and friends
Dr. Barden's Performance
in Roswell, GA |
Repaired Rotator Cuff and Bicep Tear. Always took his time. Very knowledgeable. Felt very confident in his care. Highly recommend!
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Barden treated me for a broken hip. He fully discussed both the immediate treatment (surgery) and the post treatment and the expected time to get back to a reasonable lifestyle. He explained everything in terms that were easily understood by me and my wife. The expertise of the surgeon and the after treatment by Dr. Barden has helped me to progress well. I would recommend Dr. Barden for his orthopedic expertise.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Barden is the best! He did my knee surgery. He is professional, thorough and kind. He showed me exactly what needed to be done(x-rays). I have total confidence in him. His staff are professional and helpful. I recommend him with no reservations.
marietta, ga |
This doctor has great "bed manners" , he is thorough, knowledgeable and most of all caring. He gave me full confidence in his care and competence. His staff also is very nice and competent. I saw him in the new Northside Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Office. Beautiful facilities. Because is a new practice in this area not many patients were there right now, so I am sure that will change quickly and hopefully the care will not change as, unfortunately, usually does.
in Marietta, GA |
My wife and I are extremely happy with the service provided by Dr. Barden. We were very reluctant about surgery and asked for a second opinion. Dr. Barden encourage our decision to seek a second opinion, which we did. During our follow-up visit, he appreciated the fact that we did get a second opinion. He went on to thoroughly explain the surgical procedure and took time to answer all our questions. We decided to entrust Dr. Barden to perform a rather complexed shoulder procedure.
in Neese,SC |
"EXCELLENT" Dr.Barden is an exceptional physician. He takes the time to listen and addres my concerns. He bedside manner is personable and supportive. I will miss him in Columbia,SC and I will refer to him for his expertise. Marietta, Ga is lucky to have you ! THANK YOU DR. BARDEN your patient Douglas E. Edwards
in Columbia, SC |
Dr. Garden was knowledgeable, professional, and very personable. He explained everything in detail and took his time. He was referred to me by my shoulder dr. I Would highly recommend him to anybody for orthopedic care.
in Columbia, SC |
I have been seeing Dr. Barden for my knee issues. He is friendly, funny, and extremely knowledgeable. I've been happy with the treatment plan that he has prescribed. Will miss him when he relocates to GA. GREAT DOCTOR!!!
in Blythewood, SC |
I had a torn meniscus and Dr. Barden took the time to fully explain the diagnosis and treatment options. He took the time to listen to me and answer all the questions I had. He took a conservative approach but surgery was ultimately performed. Recovery was painless and I was back to work in 5 days. I am currently seeing Dr. Barden for the same symptoms on my other knee.
in Columbia, SC |
Dr. Barden is the best! He repaired my husbands bilateral quadriceps ruptures and has been so awesome about following up with us and truly caring about how my husband is progressing. He's professional, very knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable. My husband is recovering very well and we would absolutely refer Dr. Barden to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.
in Leesville, SC |
Treated me like I was his only patient. Explained the procedure he was preforming on my knee and after surgery, showed the procedure preformed with pictures. After the surgery which went well, I only had to take a total of 4 pain pills. He answers any concern you have with honesty. I would recommend Dr. Barden for any knee surgery to be preformed.
in Columbia, SC |
I had a complete tear of my quad tendon playing tennis - spent the night in the hospital and met Dr. Barden the next day. He took his time to fully explain the surgery and recovery. I couldn't be more pleased with the entire process and outcome of the surgery - Dr. Barden did a great job- I am back 100% after 9 months. I would definitely recommend Dr. Barden to anyone needing Orthopedic Surgery. He has a positive but realistic bedside manner and is always available when you need him.
in Irmo, SC |
I am a RN, nurse case manager. I select the physician based on background, education, skill, surgcal and treatment outcomes and where they trained, educated etc. He has been my choice for my patient's evals, exam, diagnosis and treatment superior to others.My patient outcomes to prove it. Surgeries a success always. So much so I went to him for my knee, he drained it painlessly, his advice valued/priceless! Recoveries are spot on 2nd to his diagnosis, treatment and surgical skills. Personality
in Irmo, SC |
Dr Barden is patient, pleasant and very understanding. His explanation of procedures and treatment is outstanding. He is always willing to answer my questions and is an all around good doctor.
Florence, SC |
Very good doctor ! Explained everything very well ! Diagnosed my problem and fixed it !
in Columbia, SC |
Right from the beginning Dr. Barden made me feel comfortable. He answered my questions about my health problems. He didn't rush to get through with me. I have seen Dr. Barden several times and have been well satisfied.
in Columbia, SC |
Dr. Barden takes time to explain treatment options, what exactly is wrong, and what to expect during recovery. He asks appropriate questions so he can respond and provide feedback - for example, he knows I travel for my job and needed to get on a plane each week - he provided ways to manage my injury without changing my schedule. He spends as much time as needed and has a terrific personality. I was extremely pleased with the care I received!
in Irmo SC |
My injury was a work related. Doctor Barden took the time to listen to me and gave me advice on what to do to try and prevent having surgery. The therapies we tried were not successful, but at least we tried. He performed surgery and told me exactly what to expect. The scaring was very minimal. But have to admit hurt very bad for a few days. I was out of work for more than 6 months. He was very prompt when I ask for paper work for my employer, which helped out a lot! Very good surgine
in Manning, SC |
Dr. Barden was very straight forward and honest. Dr. Barden told me how it would be after surgery and my recovery went just as he said it would. Great bedside manner. So nice and friendly, I have a needle phobia that he was very concerned and helped me get through it.
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Barden, MD?
Are you Dr. Barden?

Compare Dr. Barden

Dr. Barden says...

Dr. Barden says...

Dr. Barden specializes in Sports Medicine; Shoulder, Hip, and Knee Arthroscopy; Shoulder, Hip, and Knee Replacement; Joint Preservation, Cartilage Repair and Patellofemoral Disorders.

Dr. Barden's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Barden has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barden's Board Certifications

• Hip Labral Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Steadman Hawkins Clinic, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville Sc

Completed in 2008

Orthoapedics-Steadman Hawkins, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville Sc

Completed in 2013

Orthopaedic Sports Medicine-University Of Connecticut New England Musculoskeletal Institute

Completed in 2014

Emory University

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Barden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Arthroscopic Surgery
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment