Dr. Benjamin Amis, MD

Practices Orthopedic Hand Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 72 reviews.
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Benjamin Amis. He is very personable and friendly. You can tell immediately he's genuine and sincerely cares for people. Easy to speak with and has a great sense of humor too. I both like and trust this man completely and you will too.
Author:
I found Dr. Amis and his staff very friendly and thorough. I would definitely recommend his services.
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Amis to anyone needing his medical expertise.
Author:
Excelente atención, lo único menor es que no cuentan con alguien que domine el español, con la gran población de hispano hablantes en Austin
Author:
Dr. Amis totally relieved pain in my middle finger knuckle. I had suffered with this pain for about 5-6 years. He is a miracle worker for sure.
Author:
Very, very impressed with the entire experience. Extremely professional and personable staff. Carefully listened to my concerns and formulated a conservative plan to address my issues. I can't believe how much better I feel after my visit yesterday! No wait time. Extremely organized and caring. Dr. Amis made me feel as though I was his only patient. Really glad I chose Dr. Amis.
Author:
I came to Dr Amis with 2 fractured wrists as well as a fractured elbow. His professional skills and his compassionate care made a difficult situation much easier. I would highly recommend.
Author:
Dr. Benjamin Amis is a very professional Orthopedic Surgeon. I am very happy to have had the opportunity to be treated by him and hiss staff.
Author:
Dr. Amis is very attentive to my issues and is never in a hurry to leave me to get to the next patient.
Author:
Very kind, thoughtful and conservative approach to finding out what is wrong before attempting surgery! Which is a bonus in my mind, there are to many Drs that convince you that your only options are surgical! Thank you Dr Amis!
Author:
Everyone in the office is so nice and helpful. Dr Amis listens to you and explains everything so you can understand.
Author:
Dr. Amis examined my inflamed elbow and my hands contractures while carefully developing a stepped plan for care with escalating options. He was very supportive and his expertise to address my needs including surgery was comforting. He has broad experience to instill confidence in his care, surgical skills, and recommendations. As a new patient, I am very pleased with Dr. Amis and all the staff.
Author:
Dr. Amis is an excellent surgeon and an amazing doctor who truly cares for his patients and listens to them. His examination is extremely thorough and his explanations very clear. He treats every patient with respect and compassion. Dr. Amis gave me my hands back and I will always be grateful for his almost miraculous work. I trust him most.
Author:
Dr. Amis was very kind, explained my procedure in a reassuring manner and was able to perform my surgery successfully the next day. All problems solved with very minimal discomfort.
Author:
The highest praise for this intelligent and proficient surgeon. Dr. Amis has changed my life for the better. I highly recommend him to anyone who is in search of excellent, proficient, and professional surgical care. His staff is also top drawer. Thank you, Dr. Amis!!
Author:
Excellent care and outcome!
Author:
Dr Amis and his staff are great. He did a major correction on my left hand, and I was so pleased with it I had my ring finger on my right hand done 6 months later. My right hand had surgery 23 years earlier, but the ring finger was still badly bent. Dr Amis made 62° correction! My hands feel like when I was young! THANK YOU!
Author:
Excellent doctor and staff!
Author:
Dr. Amis and his staff are fantastic and I would most highly recommend him! He was successfully able to repair my badly broken wrist that my original doctor had said, “Nothing could be done and I would have to accept limited use, deformity and arthritic pain.” With Dr. Amis, every step of the process was seamless and he is confident that I will have an excellent result.
Author:
I went to Dr. Amis for a second opinion regarding an injured knuckle. He took a real interest in my issue, was completely transparent with his expectations of recovery, and moved forward with surgery, which I needed to do quickly for insurance reasons. I've been SO happy I sought the second opinion and even HAPPIER that it was with Dr. Amis and his staff! I'm recovering now and finally feel hopeful for the first time in almost four months!
Author:
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Amis. I had to have three Henson’s in my hand repaired, bone spurs removed in my wrist. He explained exact what was going to be done and even his back up plan if my tendons weren’t usable. (Thank goodness they were). He respected my opinions on the direction to go with my wrist at the same time. He is personable and kind. Highly recommend. His office staff is friendly and helpful as well.
Author:
Dr. Amis took time to listen to my issues and answered all my questions. He was thorough and helpful, and you never felt he was rushing to finish up. With the almost totally painless injection he has done, he obviously know what he was doing. I will definitely recommend him to friends and family.
Author:
I broke my forearm and my experience with Dr. Amis and the team at ATX Orthopedics has been fantastic. Dr. Amis saw me the next day, and the day after that I was in surgery having a plate & pins put in. I was off pain meds within 24 hours of coming out of surgery and on ibuprofen only for a few days. My bone has healed on target. As someone who stays active it was important to be able to get back to crossfit, weightlifting, and biking, and I'm delighted I with Dr. Amis.
Author:
Dr. Amis is an excellent upper extremity surgeon. It has been a long time since I have encountered a physician who is truly interested in the individual, who took the time to listen. He is attentive, patient, kind, & interested in the individual. Dr. Amis discussed all options available to correct the diagnosis, explained the procedures & expectations. I would highly recommend Dr. Amis. Dr. Amis's staff is knowledgeable, personable, & professional.
Author:
Great personal care very knowledgeable and great follow up
Author:
Very professional and very thorough!
Author:
Excellent hand surgeon. Took time to listen to my problems, discussed options, and I didn't even feel the injection in my hand. 11/10.
Author:
Have had good experiences with Dr Amis and his Staff. Everyone helpful and friendly
Author:
Dr Amis is attentive & friendly, patient when explaining procedure & expectations. Very knowledgeable & professional. His staff is great! Friendly, & very helpful. My experience with his office was pleasant & professional as well, very positive! I would gladly recommend to all!
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Amis for numerous years and I can't imagine going anywhere else. He is kind, caring, honest and really knows what he is there for "US". He has helped me with both hands (one had a joint replacement!) and replacements in both shoulders.
Author:
Dr Amis is an outstanding physician who provides excellent care. He is personable and truly interested in taking care of his patients. I live 100 miles from Austin---I went to Dr Amis' office for a consultation, and he took the time to perform the necessary procedure on my hand in his office the same day to save me another road trip. The procedure he performed was flawless and completely solved my problem. I was extremely impressed and very grateful.
Author:
Dr. Amis is a great surgeon and a compassionate, kind doctor. He reassures both the patient and the family, and listens carefully to questions. He took care of my frozen shoulder with therapy rather than surgery. He did very tricky surgery on my hand and got it back to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Amis.
Author:
Dr. Amis has been treating for hand problems. He is knowledgeable and informative regarding care and expectations.
Author:
Very concerned about me and is super smart.
Author:
Great doctor, communicates well.
Author:
Dr. Amis did surgery on my eleven year old son. He was very kind, attentive, and could not have asked for anyone better! He took the time to answer questions, explain things and you could tell he really cares! I would definitely recommend him! Thanks Dr. Amis for taking great care of my kiddo!
Author:
Dr. Amis is very professional, courteous and a very good listener. I never feel rushed and he answered all of my questions both pre and post hand surgery and through out the follow up visits. I highly recommend Dr. Amis.
Author:
Dr Amis is as professional a doctor as I have encountered in my 71 years. I felt fully cared for and am sure my arthritic thumb will get better now.
Author:
Dr. Amis is very patient. He spends time addressing your questions and concerns.
Author:
Overall exemplary experience with this team of skilled surgeons and staff! The internet is full of Doctors from which to choose, and ATX Orthopedics surpassed my expectations. Broken bones and injuries are stressful physically and emotionally; there're tough decisions to make and worries to assuage. Dr. Amis addressed my concerns with thoughtful consideration and ultimate professionalism. My surgery was managed with gentle care, comfort, and stellar results. I'm grateful for the entire team!
Author:
I saw Dr. Amis for a shoulder injury and was very positively impressed. The office staff, the nurses, and Dr. Amis were all very friendly and courteous. Dr. Amis was thorough and thoughtful in his assessment and gave me a clear idea of the treatment plan. My whole experience was very positive.
Author:
Dr Amis came highly recommended by my physical therapist and was very kind and thorough in speaking about my possible condition (x rays still unclear). He provided an exercise for me to perform to help aid in recovery process (ie, stretch, then to strengthen). I did not feel rushed, or pushed to get MRI, etc. and very much appreciated his time.
Author:
Dr Amis performed surgery on my arm a few years ago. HE has also treated my hands. He is caring, professional, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him. I saw him for a follow up and he remembered my surgery and asked about the family. Wonderful bedside manner, great surgeon, and a really nice person.
Author:
After seeing a different surgeon about my hands and feeling hopeless, my occupational therapist referred me to Dr. Amis. It was like night and day!! Dr. Amis was straight forward; however, very caring and though I was not able to return to work, he was able to improve my quality of life.
Author:
I took my son to Dr. Amis as a follow-up from an ER visit a month prior for a thumb slammed in the car door incident. It wasn't healing right and we needed help. His office staff was genuine, kind and very helpful as I discussed the matter with them via phone to see if he could help. And help he did. He listened, understood, explained clearly and offered the intervention we needed. He was kind, gentle, deliberate, composed and competent. I would gladly recommend him, and be happy to return.
Author:
Very pleased with my visit. It was easy to make, I received a competent quick diagnosis, and a thorough explanation of my treatment options and choices. I'd definitely recommend Dr. Amis again.
Author:
I was very pleased with my experience from start to finish. The front staff is courteous and efficient. Dr. Amis explained my condition (tendonitis) in detail and put me at ease!
Author:
I would give Dr. Sean Gallagher 10 stars, if I could. Two weeks ago today, he performed surgery to fix a meniscus tear in my knee. Everything about this experience was smooth and “painless” — from my first visit with Dr. Gallagher to the surgery to the follow-up. Simply flawless. The surgery prep and follow-up with Dr. Gallagher’s office was impeccable. He has the BEST staff!
Author:
Dr. Amis is a very thorough, understanding and caring physician. He made sure I understood the injury to my wrist. He took time to answer all my questions and put me at ease.
Author:
I saw Dr. Amis for treatment for a small fracture in the radial head of my elbow which had also impacted my elbow joint. He was personable, competent, and answered all my questions thoroughly. I left feeling at ease with my treatment plan and follow-up. I did quite a bit of research online before picking this practice and one of the main reasons for choosing ATX Ortho was the fact that I would be able to see the doctor himself and not a PA at every visit.