Dr. Benjamin Alman, MD

Dr. Benjamin Alman, MD

Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Benjamin Alman, MD is a pediatric orthopedic surgery specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College in 1986 and specializes in pediatric orthopedic surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

3000 Erwin Rd

Durham, NC 27705

Learn about Dr. Alman

See how frequently Dr. Alman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fracture

Dr. Alman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Alman I became an orthopaedic surgeon because I enjoy the mechanical nature of how joints bones and muscles work together. I chose to focus on treating children because it provides me with an opportunity to make a difference in their health now and for the rest of their lives. As Ive entered the later stages of my career I have had the privilege of seeing patients who I treated come back to me as adults seeking treatment for their own children. I find it very fulfilling to see how the treatments I gave the parent helped them become a healthy fully functional adult. I believe that being a good doctor means treating the whole patient rather than focusing only on individual parts of the body. I enjoy working with my patients to make sure they are getting all the treatments they need to get and stay well. In my spare time I enjoy photography hiking and backpacking.

• Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Surgery
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Jefferson Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Pennsylvania Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • New England Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • The Hospital For Sick Children
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Alman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alman to family and friends
3.0
based on 10 total reviews (10 with comments)

Dr. Alman's Performance

Trustworthiness
GOOD
Explains condition(s) well
GOOD
Answers Questions
GOOD
Time well spent

Scheduling
GOOD
Office environment
Staff friendliness
GOOD
Average wait time

in Chapel Hill, NC
Another doctor wanted to do a major surgery on my child and Dr. Alman suggested a simpler procedure that worked our great.
in Raleigh, North Carolina
I did not enjoy this experience. He was delivering us some fairly bad news about our child and he had this weird grin on his face the whole time. I think it was his discomfort but it was very unsettling. He recommended another surgeon for the actual procedure.
in Montvale, NJ
This was a terrible experience. We had a similar experience as some of the other previous reviews - an unpredictable attidtude. Our 8 yr old son had a tumorin his leg and Alman blurted out something about "well if he doesn't respond to treatment, we'll need to amputate" - right in front of my son...more
in Durham, NC
Dr. Alman spent so much time with us. He sent is for extra studies and explained everything to us in such detail. I was so happy that he let us decide about treatments. It was t a great experience.
in Durham, NC
My son had an injury to his arm and the first doctor who saw him had not seen this before, and told him he could not go back to competitive sports. Dr. Alman had seen the problem before, did surgery on my son, and now he is back to all his sports, and doing great..

Are you Dr. Alman?