Dr. Benjamin Alman, MD

Dr. Benjamin Alman, MD

Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Benjamin Alman, MD is a pediatric orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Alman is affiliated with Duke University Hospital.

3000 Erwin Rd

Durham, NC 27705

Learn about Dr. Alman

See how frequently Dr. Alman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fracture

Dr. Alman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Alman I became an orthopaedic surgeon because I enjoy the mechanical nature of how joints bones and muscles work together. I chose to focus on treating children because it provides me with an opportunity to make a difference in their health now and for the rest of their lives. As Ive entered the later stages of my career I have had the privilege of seeing patients who I treated come back to me as adults seeking treatment for their own children. I find it very fulfilling to see how the treatments I gave the parent helped them become a healthy fully functional adult. I believe that being a good doctor means treating the whole patient rather than focusing only on individual parts of the body. I enjoy working with my patients to make sure they are getting all the treatments they need to get and stay well. In my spare time I enjoy photography hiking and backpacking.

• Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery

• Femur Fracture
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Pelvic Fracture

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Jefferson Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Pennsylvania Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • New England Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • The Hospital For Sick Children
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Alman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alman to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Alman's Performance
Chapel Hill, NC |
Another doctor wanted to do a major surgery on my child and Dr. Alman suggested a simpler procedure that worked our great.
in Raleigh, North Carolina |
I did not enjoy this experience. He was delivering us some fairly bad news about our child and he had this weird grin on his face the whole time. I think it was his discomfort but it was very unsettling. He recommended another surgeon for the actual procedure.
in Montvale, NJ |
This was a terrible experience. We had a similar experience as some of the other previous reviews - an unpredictable attidtude. Our 8 yr old son had a tumorin his leg and Alman blurted out something about "well if he doesn't respond to treatment, we'll need to amputate" - right in front of my son with no warning. A child can't really process that - we started seeing another physician in a different group who has a much better demeaner. Also I confirmed that Alman doesn't operate much.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Alman spent so much time with us. He sent is for extra studies and explained everything to us in such detail. I was so happy that he let us decide about treatments. It was t a great experience.
in Durham, NC |
My son had an injury to his arm and the first doctor who saw him had not seen this before, and told him he could not go back to competitive sports. Dr. Alman had seen the problem before, did surgery on my son, and now he is back to all his sports, and doing great..
in Durham, NC |
I recently moved into the area from out of town with a child with an ongoing problem requiring several specialists . Not all the providers I saw were helpful, but Dr. Alman did a great job helping with the problem.
in Durham, NC |
was able to take care of a problem my daughter had that nobody else could figure out or manage.
in Raleigh NC |
Terrible - he was on his cell phone reading emails the whole time. Hardly paid attention to us or my son. One of the staff hinted that we should find another surgeon because he doesn't operate much and is out of practice. We went to Triangle Orthopedics instead.
in Chapel Hill NC |
One of the worst interactions I've ever had with another human being. He treated my child like an outcast and was insulting with us. He was extremely arrogant and seemed to blame us for our child'd congenital problem. I think he is somewhat autistic and should not be dealing with patietns.
Danville, VA |
My daughter had an apt with Dr. Alman after moving to the area. My daughter had been seen in PA for the past 4 years for leg issues and had a tumor scrapped out last May. She is still having issues and when seen by Dr Alman, he did NOT even lift up my daughters pants to examine her leg! He had her run down the hall and back, sent us for an xray and than told me that the xray looked ok and that sometimes we just live with pain. My daughter is almost 6! This is NOT an acceptable answer! TERRIBLE
Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Alman, MD?
Are you Dr. Alman?