Dr. Benhoor Soumekh, MD

Dr. Benhoor Soumekh, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Benhoor Soumekh, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Minneapolis, MN. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

2211 Park Ave Ste 333

Minneapolis, MN 55404

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Learn about Dr. Soumekh

See how frequently Dr. Soumekh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ear Disorders
Oral and-or Facial Cleft
Otitis Media

Dr. Soumekh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Wheezing

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Paracentesis
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• University Of Minnesota Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Chldrns Hospital Of San Diego
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Soumekh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Soumekh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Soumekh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Soumekh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Soumekh to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Soumekh's Performance
in Chicago, Eden Prairie, MN |
Brought my 19 mo old to see Dr. Benhoor Soumekh after several bouts of ear pain over the course for 2 months. Waited on hold to schedule and then front line staff hung up on me. Building directory had incorrect room # for office. MD's bedside manner was condescending and rushed and he never introduced us to the other person in the room documenting the visit. Never asked us if we had any questions and did a poor job explaining our treatment options. He asked us about 3 questions and then told us
Bedside manner was very much lacking. We took our two year old in for a consult and this doctor didn't once acknowledge the child; he just grabbed his head, roughly looked in the ears and mouth while my child was crying and saying 'owie' the whole time. I was disgusted. He doesn't react well to questions; giving very condescending answers as if you were very stupid to even ask. We then switched to a different ENT who treated our child (and us) with respect and are so glad we did! (try Oakdale!)
Minneapolis, MN |
Very unpleasant experience with Dr. Soumekh. I was in for an ear infection problem for my infant. He did about a 30 second exam, and then said I only had two options, wait for another ear infection then get tubes, or get tubes now. He gave me no explanation as to why he needed tubes, and when I asked he gave me a short, almost incomprehensible answer. Likely seeking further justification for his recommendation, he sent us for a hearing test which was a joke in my opinion. Getting 2nd opinion
in Minneapolis, MN |
We've worked with Dr. Soumekh on a number of occasions with my daughter, who has multiple medical difficulties. He's always been kind, understanding, respectful when we've had questions and has been collaborative with us and the other doctors and providers on my daughter's team. We've seen him in four different settings/locations and he always remembers all of us in the family. He was also able to quickly and accurately diagnose both a tumor in her cheek and an ear problem. Great experience!
Minneapolis, MN |
First impression was poor as he seemed to simply recite routine information to me about ear infections and ear tubes for my infant son. At the surgery I felt condescended to because I ask for further explanation.
in Minneapolis, MN |
We had been seeing Dr. Soumekh since my daughter was a micropreemie at Children's, and he was always my way or the highway. Terrible bedside manner and always wanted to go with the most extreme options. Our pediatrician was very concerned that he was wanting to do bronchoscopys every month between the time that my daughter was 5-11 months old, meaning she had to be put under general anesthesia each time. Never allows parent involvement in decisions and spends about a min doing exams.
San Diego, CA |
Was there for my 2.5 yo frequent ear infections. I was told the Dr is a pediatric ENT specialist. He had the worst "bed side manner" for a doctor who should know how to interact with kids. Actually, he never even acknowledged my son, just stuck things up his nose and ears. 30 seconds later told me my son needs tubes. When I tried to ask questions about how they work, he pointed to a diagram behind him. We might need tubes, but theres no way I will be getting them from him. Getting 2nd opinion
in Minneapolis, MN |
Went to Dr Soumekh with my son for concerns about his night snoring. Dr Soumekh did a 1 minute exam taking a quick peak of his tonsils and felt his lymph nodes before suggesting we remove his tonsils and adenoids. No other options were given and we left with a $270 after a 10 min visit. I ended up getting a second opinion before going straight to surgery and it was suggested we try an antihistamine and nasal spray. This has been successful and for now we have avoided surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Benhoor Soumekh, MD?
Are you Dr. Soumekh?

Burnsville, MN 55337
HealthEast Care System - Saint John's Hospital
1575 Beam Ave
Maplewood, MN 55109

Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)