Dr. Ben Shenassa, MD

Urology | Male

2750 W Broadway Los Angeles, CA 90041 Get Directions
Dr. Ben Shenassa, MD
My love for medicine has been multifaceted. It started from seeing brave and uncompromising dedication of physicians in a revolution-torn country to delving into the intricacies of human body. Subsequently, the passion for my chosen surgical sub-specialty was manifested because of personal and life-changing Urological maladies that happened to my father. After finishing my undergraduate work at UCLA, I spent 10 years in New Orleans to finish my medical, surgical, and

Dr. Shenassa's Care Philosophy

Educating patients about their genito-urinary health, providing the patients with the most accurate diagnosis, discussing the treatment options thoroughly, and providing the most appropriate medical or surgical care.

Dr. Shenassa's Experience

See how Dr. Shenassa's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shenassa

Dr. Shenassa accepts 31 insurance carriers

Dr. Shenassa is now accepting new patients
    Ben B. Shenassa, MD, INC2750 W Broadway
    Los Angeles, CA 90041
    Evening
    (818) 241-3125Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Shenassa has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shenassa's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shenassa to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Shenassa's Performance
    in Sherman Oaks, CA |
    Dr. Shenassa goes often above and beyond the call of duty. He is an extremely honest, caring and knowledgeable physician. He loves his chosen field of practice, and that is most evident in his pleasant and friendly attitude and genuine kindness towards each and every one of his patients.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    If his reception staff is any indication, I would strongly recommend NOT seeing this doctor. Terrible.
    I take pride in choosing & training my staff. So, ultimately, majority of the situations are my responsibility. Having said that, if something is not adequate or appropriate, we (my staff and I) would greatly appreciate an appropriate and timely opportunity to discuss the matter. All that needs to be done is for a message to be left for us, and I and/or one of the senior members of the team will reach out to address the issue.
    in Van Nuys, CA |
    My father is a patient of Dr Shenassa he had a prostate biopsy. One thing that I do have to mention is that you never have to worry about confidentiality if you call his office and your not the patient good luck getting any information from his staff. Back to my father his biopsy was unfortunately positive. Because of work we needed a late app he saw us the whole family at 6:30pm and did not rush answered all questions. Staff for the most part was great especially the girl at check out desk
    in Glendale, CA |
    Dr. Shenassa saved my life. After performing a TURP operation on me (which was a very good idea), his office kept on insisting that I come in for a follow up appointment. That checkup, which included a ultrasound scan (which is not usually done) discovered a malignant tumor on my kidney. Short story: Had kidney and tumor removed, no further treatment needed. Very good bedside manner and very good surgeon. I'm in great health.
    in Los Angeles |
    He's very open minded. He is a g, he gives you the facts as he understands them and conveys them to the patient in simplistic terms. He gives you choices, he lets you know about the risks, as well as the benefits. I'm so impressed by his real interest and kindness. He's a real and genuine person, a real Dr in my book
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr Shenassa has been fantastic in terms of treating my kidney stone conservatively. I am grateful to him to have done the management in a very methodical fashion, without rushing me in to the operating room, for the small stone I had. Much kudos actually should go to his Nurse Practitioner who saw me first.
    in Glendale, CA |
    Dr. Shenassa is my doctor-specialist for almost 10 years now. A very good doctor. He answers all my medical questions and concerns. He gives good medical advices. I haven't seen him in a bad mood which is very good to a patient like me who ask so many questions. I have a lot of doctors (specialists in different fields and primary) and I consider him as the best. I can't recall I had a single problem with him. His staff also treats me very well and, they are very courteous.
    in Glendale, Ca |
    I had the most absolute worst experience of my life at this doctors office! I was referred by my general physician. My regular doctor said to call the office and make sure they are in network for your insurance before you make an appointment. I called and his staff assured me that they were in network. Now I receive a ridiculously high bill from Dr Shenassa ! I called to speak to the staff and now they say that they accept my insurance but that they never said they were in network!!!!
    in Beverly Hills, CA |
    I never got in to see the doctor. Though I had an appointment, he was called away for emergency surgery. I met with the nurse practitioner instead and since then have had a very difficult time getting another appointment, speaking to the nurse practitioner and making any progress on my injury. The front desk staff never seem to know what's going on.
    Our daily routine changes as we have to respond to emergencies in 3 hospitals. Presence of a nurse practitioner to assist with seeing patients has, therefore, become of paramount importance . After the 1st visit, we take pride in addressing 90-95 percent of the questions or treatment readjustments over the phone. As for the staff, they are well trained, especially in knowing their limitations. So, if specific issues arise, a message left for the MD or NP will be answered accordingly.
    in Glendale, CA |
    We had a very bad experience with Dr. Shenassa. On one occasion, after my father was diagnosed with cancer, in the last week of his life, Dr. Shenassa suggested a procedure, told my father he would be there the next day,told staff not to feed him or give him water, only to reschedule again, & again, and then have an associate of his show up 24hr late to say there is no way this procedure can be done. My father suffered, was dehydrated and went 24hr without food or water, as a result of this Dr.
    Have you seen Dr. Ben Shenassa, MD?

Dr. Shenassa says...

My love for medicine has been multifaceted. It started from seeing brave and uncompromising dedication of physicians in a revolution-torn country to delving into the intricacies of human body.  Subsequently,  the passion for my chosen surgical sub-specialty was manifested because of personal and life-changing Urological  maladies that happened to my father. After finishing my undergraduate work at UCLA, I spent 10 years in New Orleans to finish my medical, surgical, and

Dr. Shenassa's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shenassa's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
    •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Shenassa has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shenassa's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
    • Bladder Diverticulum
    • Bladder Infection
    • Bladder Stones
    • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
    • Chronic Kidney Diseases
    • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
    • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
    • End-Stage Renal Disease
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Erectile Dysfunction
    • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
    • Hydronephrosis
    • Interstitial Cystitis
    • Kidney Cancer
    • Kidney Disease
    • Kidney Infection, Acute
    • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
    • Kidney Stones
    • Male Sexual Conditions
    • Neurogenic Bladder
    • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
    • Overactive Bladder
    • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
    • Prostatitis
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Sleep Disorders
    • Urinary Disorders
    • Urinary Hesitancy
    • Urinary Incontinence
    • Urinary Stones
    • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
    • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

Completed in 2001

U.C.L.A.

Graduated in 1991

• Farsi

Dr. Shenassa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shenassa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Nephrostomy
    • Non-Cosmetic Botox® Injection
    • Orchiectomy
    • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
    • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
    • Penile Implants
    • Sonography
    • Stitches
    • Suprapubic Tap
    • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
    • Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
    • Transurethral Microwave Thermography of the Prostate
    • Urethral Reconstruction
    • Urethral Sling
    • Urinalysis
    • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
    • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
    • Urinary Tract Endoscopy