Dr. Ben Muneta, MD

Dr. Ben Muneta, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Juan Tabo Family Medicine 3309 Juan Tabo Blvd NE Ste C Albuquerque, NM 87111 Get Directions

Juan Tabo Family Medicine is a primary care clinic committed to providing each patient with an exceptional level of care and attention. We are physician owned and operated. Our staff works together to provide a high level of quality care in preventative and primary care medicine for the entire family. We take pride in providing a personalized service paying close attention to each patient's individual needs.

Dr. Ben Muneta, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Albuquerque, NM. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Muneta is affiliated with Lovelace Westside Hospital.

Dr. Muneta's Experience

See how Dr. Muneta's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Muneta

Dr. Muneta accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Muneta has admitting privileges.

Dr. Muneta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Muneta to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Muneta's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
in ALBUQUERQUE |
Dr. Muneta is a very nice man. That being said, his practice is run poorly. Dr. Muneta "runs through the motions" and is not thorough and complete. He was not familiar with my profile/ current medical history/ meds. at each and every visit due to lack of documentation. I was not contacted after time-sensitive lab results were returned. About half of the clinic staff were unprofessional in different ways, the clinic was dirty, it operated with equipment that was dirty and/ or in poor condition.
in Sandia Park, NM |
I have never been to a doctor's office run like his. His office does NOT answer incoming calls...an answering service does that. I needed to reach them on a Friday and even the answering service was unable to get them to respond. The office called me back Monday...too late! As for this doctor, I didn't get a sense that he is competent. Either I had to tell him what I needed to have done or he would suggest a test and ask what I thought ???? He was not for me.
in Albuquerque |
I have seen Dr Muneta several times, and so far I am very pleased and relieved to have him as my new primary care doctor. I like his mild mannerism. He also seems to know a lot of interesting tidbits about different health problems, and has a very good understanding, also of Lyme Disease and its treatment, (which is very hard to find in doctors here in Albuquerque. ) He's helped me with a number of health problems, including blood sugar and prescriptions, and I've not yet had any problems.
in San Antonito, NM |
This medical practice was recommended to me after my long time Albuquerque primary care physician retired and was not replaced. Dr. Muneta reminds me of how family care physicians used to be: does not rush through the examination, is a good listener, explains your condition in terms you can understand and never appears to be rushed to get to the next patient. It was obvious to me during my first visit that he sincerely cares about the well being of his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Muneta
in Albuquerque |
I am a 23 year old with chronic asthma and am 24 weeks pregnant. I called to have a refill on my inhaler last Monday the tenth of October and did not receive one. I frantically tried to get ahold of Ben or someone at his office all week Thursday they finally called me and told me I would get a refill the next day, but they never filled it Friday after I actually drove to the clinic to see no one was there. I end up at UNM ER from an asthma attack and my congestion developed into pneumonia. :(
in Albuquerque, NM |
He is always in a hurry and I don't feel like he listens to what I am telling him. I know my body and he just nods his head and tells me something completely different. Doesn't matter what has and hasn't worked for me, he didn't care to listen. He also always looks very sloppily dressed every time I have been to see him.
Rio Rancho, NM |
Just getting established as a patient of Dr. Muneta. Staff was courteous and friendly. Dr. Muneta was informative and answered my questions, but seemed ill at ease.
Have you seen Dr. Ben Muneta, MD?
Are you Dr. Muneta?

Compare Dr. Muneta

}

Dr. Muneta's Care Philosophy

Dr. Muneta's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in New Mexico not available
  •  Sanctions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

Sanction

Dr. Muneta has received 1 sanction

• Other (11/13/2012)
    • Action Taken: Reprimand
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: New Mexico

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Depression
  • Infectious Diseases

Stanford University

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Muneta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Muneta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage