Dr. Belachew Tessema, MD

Dr. Belachew Tessema, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Connecticut Sinus Institute 21 South Rd Ste 112 Farmington, CT 06032 Get Directions

As a physician, I strive to provide excellent, compassionate care, working with my patients to achieve 'Best Care for a Lifetime'. Areas of expertise: Acute and Chronic Sinusitis, Nasal Polyps, Sinus and Nasal Tumors, Deviated Septum, Endoscopic Skull Base surgery.

Dr. Belachew Tessema, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Farmington, CT. Dr. Tessema is affiliated with Hartford Hospital and Saint Francis Care.

Dr. Tessema's Experience

See how Dr. Tessema's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tessema

Dr. Tessema accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Tessema has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tessema's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tessema to family and friends
Dr. Tessema's Performance
in Newington, CT |
Long story short- Dr. Tessema is hands down the best doctor that I have ever been to. I was told I needed a septoplasty and I immediately started panicking. I'm 26 years old and have never even had a broken bone! From day 1, he reassured me that everything was going to be ok. He is compassionate, caring, and BRILLIANT. He treated me like his own family member. 3 months after surgery, I can finally breathe out of my left nostril and sleep through the night. He's amazing!
Hamden, CT |
I would strongly recommend Dr. Tessema to anybody. He is very knowledgeable and professional. I came to him for second opinion and left his office very happy and satisfied.
Old Saybrook, CT |
I had a good experience working Dr Tessema, in partnership with a neurosurgeon, to remove a benign pituitary tumor using a minimally invasive trans-sphenoidal endoscopic technique. I felt that I was in experienced hands the entire time through even when I had some breakthrough nasal bleeding (not at the major surgery site) requiring some follow-up cauterization. Would not hesitate to go same route again
in Bolton, CT |
What an incredible doctor with an incredible bedside manner! Dr Tessema listens to your concerns and reacts in a way that gets positive results. Thank you tons for getting me to breath again!!!! Hardly ever do I write reviews but this one had to be done.
in Portland , CT |
I'am so very grateful for Dr. Tessema.. For months I felt horrible it was a struggle to get out of bed because of my sinuses until I made my appointment dr. Tessema was very thorough inti had done my surgery I had no pain I was back to work within less than a week he gave me my life back I can breathe I can taste my food I recommend him he is the best....
in Manchester, CT |
I had allergies & I was able to get an appt only after a month and a half. By then my allergies had gone but I still went for the checkup anyways just to rule out any other problems. Had to wait for more than 40 mins even with an apptmt and the doctor came in with his assistant and literally just looked inside my nostrils with a tiny probe with a flashlight. He did not mention that this was an endoscopy and NOR did it feel like. Now I recvd bill for over 700$ and classified as surgery :( :(
Farmington, CT |
Extremely good results !! Would highly recommend. Sinuses have never been better !!!!!!!
in Bristol, CT |
Dr. Tessema is not only a very knowledgeable doctor but has a great personality and bedside manner. He is patient and answers all questions thoroughly . From my first visit he made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. He has literally changed my life. I was always sick with sinus infections but I have not had one since my operation in September. I have had two colds since my operation and they did not go into an infection! Hooray! I highly recommend Dr. Tessama as an ENT.
Have you seen Dr. Belachew Tessema, MD?
Are you Dr. Tessema?

Compare Dr. Tessema

Dr. Tessema's Care Philosophy

Dr. Tessema's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Tessema has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tessema's Board Certifications

• Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Down Syndrome
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Esthesioneuroblastoma
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
    Beth Israel Medical Center
    New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
    University Of Miami School Of Medicine Fellowship In Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
    University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Dr. Tessema does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tessema and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Septal Perforation Repair
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy