Dr. Behnam Salari, DO

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryMaleAge 41

Dr. Salari

Morristown Office

95 Madison Ave Ste 101 Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Behnam Salari, DO is a Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Morristown, NJ. He is affiliated with Morristown Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Salari to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Salari with our nearby Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset.

These providers are on the medical staff of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset.

Dr. Salari's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Salari

Dr. Salari
Regarding a recent microdiscectomy; Good experiences and care at OINJ. Dr. Salari, Dr. Castro, colleagues, and staff are very good. Knowledgeable, friendly, thorough and caring. They take time to answer questions and explain procedures to their patients. After care (physical therapy, etc.) is important to them as well. Good experiences overall for me and for my family.
Chris V.O. – Aug 23, 2021
Dr. Salari is an amazing surgeon. He was up front, honest and made me very aware of my options and his expectations. The surgery was a success! Dr. Salari kept close tabs on my recovery progress and adjusted treatment as needed without hesitation. No question was unanswered and I honestly feel Dr. Salari and his team are the best. So glad to have him on my side. I would recommend him to highly!
Teresa Esposito – Jul 26, 2021
Dr. Salari is a great doctor. He has performed two operations on my back and were both a success (removed all my pain). He is very personable and has great bedside manners. I would recommend him to anyone with back issues.
Keith D. – May 18, 2021
Had anterior lumbar fusion of 2 discs in lower back and a rod and 3 screws implanted in August 2020. Operation was done in Morristown Medical Center. Due to internal bleeding and resulting complications my stay went from an original 3 days to 12 days. Due to Covid and insurance, as a result of a car accident, it took a long time to finally get the operation scheduled with good work by the doctor and staff. Once completed, Dr. Salari and staff was very helpful in all ways of my recovery, from follow up visits, insurance and physical therapy. I have recently had a visit with my doctor and he is very pleased with the results of my surgery. Unfortunately I will be unable to do some things that I have enjoyed doing throughout my life (explained up front by the doctor), but the benefits have outweighed the issues that I have.
Apr 22, 2021
Dr. Salari is honestly the best surgeon I have ever dealt with. Excellent bedside manner, explains all thoroughly, and did an excellent job with my back surgery. I highly recommend him. Look no further if you need back surgery. You won't be disappointed.
Kimberly A Morin – Mar 30, 2021
Had Cervical Disc Surgery September 23, 2020 Really good Doctor Very Personable and compassionate.
Gene Altenburg – Dec 31, 2020
Dr. Salari did back surgery in me in August and I couldn’t be happier. He did a two level fusion and “cleaned out” all the arthritis. He explained everything to me, always answered any questions I had and I have absolutely no pain at all anymore. I am a retired nurse and was married to an internal medicine physician for many years so I was nervous about meeting a physician I didn’t know but he put me at ease immediately. I highly recommend Dr. Salari!
Nancy Hamilton – Nov 23, 2020
I had a double vertebrae replacement and fusion. Dr. Salari was very caring and explained the entire procedure clearly. I feel great
Lynn Bourinaris – Nov 21, 2020
I would highly recommend Dr. Salari...I was very impressed with how he explained everything in detail, in a way that was very easy to understand. He informed me of my options to fix my back problems and I felt very comfortable with the decision we agreed upon. The results of my surgery were exactly how he explained they would be. I'm so happy to be moving and grooving again! Dr. Salari has a heart of gold and has a wonderful bedside manner. I am so pleased with my experience and when people ask who I went to; I am proud to say, "Dr. Salari, he's the best"!
Kim Knorr – Oct 22, 2020
Lower back surgery best thing I could have done. Went to him on a recommendation from a friend. Spent 2 office visits going over Sugery, what to expect from surgery, and what to do After. Best part is he saw me everyday In the hospital and after surgery for follow up office visits. Didn’t pass me to an assistant. Awesome bedside manner and personality. My back feels great and my surgeon is great. Highly recommend him.
Mike – Aug 26, 2020
Had a spinal fusion L5/S1 with a disc replacement and a fracture. Dr Salari explained the whole procedure every step of the way. After surgery I feel like a million bucks. First time in 15 years I haven’t had sciatica or back pain. Excellent surgeon and doctor
Brian B – Aug 18, 2020
I was a patient of Dr. Salari for spinal fusion surgery. I found Dr. Salari to be very personable, as was his assistant Dana. I had multiple visits before and after surgery. Dr. Salari answered all my questions prior to my surgery and explained in detail the surgical procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Salari.
Kathi L – Aug 08, 2020
Dr. Salari is amazing!! I was injured in a car accident and had a ruptured c4, c5.. Seen a Chiropractor then physical therapy with no relief.. went to see Dr. Salari he sent me for a pain injection, which gave me no relief. Scheduled surgery, stayed overnight.. Came home the next day with a script for pain Medicine and muscle relaxers.. Only used 4 of the pain pills during my recovery!! He did an amazing job repairing my neck!! I have full range of motion since 5 months after the surgery, it’s now been 8 months and and my neck is better then before the car accident!!
Christina Elrod – Aug 07, 2020
This was a post op visit for my husband, Joseph. He had back surgery. Dr. Salari is an excellent surgeon and I think tops in his field. He also has a wonderful personality and we actually look forward to our doctor visits.
Joseph C DeFiore and Lorraine DeFiore – Aug 07, 2020
I met with Dr Salari June 2019, I had an appointment to see if I was a candidate for kyphoplasty & or could provide recommendations for surgical intervention. I was referred to him from a colleague of his at OINJ for this procedure. I found him rude, unprofessional, uncaring as well as he offered no explanation for why I was not a candidate. He took the MRI 3t films that I brought, took a look & quickly said, "I would never touch you". He offered no explanation, he angrily said you were only here for a consult and walked out. Left me sitting in the exam room visibly upset. I have plenty more thoughts about this person, I am an RN with 20+ yrs experience, I have worked in an OR with arrogant doctors before but I haven't met a doctor like him as the patient, I hope I never come across another doctor like him! No Stars!!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 04, 2020
Dr. Salari is one of the best doctors that I have ever dealt with. He had to do a fusion on my L5-S1. I dealt with pain for just close to three years. After having surgery, the pain I was in was completely gone. Dr. Salari is very straight forward and I am very picky with the doctors that I choose to deal with. A friend of mine recently had back surgery with Dr. Salari after seeing the success I had. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Salari!!!
Renee H – Jul 20, 2020
Dr. Salari performed by back surgery. I had L5/S1 extremely herniated and degenerated. After years of dealing with the pain I made the decision of moving forward with the surgery. Dr. Salari Was very professional and knowledgeable explaining everything and making me feel comfortable. He removed the disc and fused the vertebrae. After surgery I went through PT and have made a full recovery, no more pain and I wish I had gone to him sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Salari, he did my husbands neck surgery as well with a full recovery. Thank you for helping us live our normal lives again!
Heather V – Jul 17, 2020
Dr. Salari has quite literally changed my life. I went from being unable to walk back to running in 7 weeks. He was kind, patient and straight forward with all information. He explained the root of the pain & then how he was going to fix it. He and his staff were always available when i had questions or concerns. I can't recommend Dr. Salari enough.
Ally Hill – Jul 17, 2020
I highly recommend Dr. Salari . I had back surgery 5 months ago and I feel great. He is down to earth and very caring. One of the best doctors I've had and has a great bedside manor.
Janice Sosa – Jul 10, 2020
I would recommend Dr. Salari to everyone! He solved my back issues I’ve had for several years. Yes, it took having surgery but, I feel like a brand new, pain free person. It is beyond amazing what Dr. Salari did for me. I can’t even begin to say all of the greatness and respect I have for him. He is off the charts in my opinion. My wife recommended him to me, after he did her neck surgery which too, was smooth sailing. Forever great full. The Harris’s
The Harris’s – Jun 26, 2020

How was your experience with Dr. Salari?

Dr. Salari is a double fellowship trained orthopedic spine surgeon. He has completed spine fellowships at University of California, San Diego and...Read more

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery