Vascular Surgery  |
Dr. Behdad Aryavand, MD
Dr. Behdad Aryavand, MD is a vascular surgery doctor who practices in Falls Church, VA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Aryavand is affiliated with Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Novant Health Prince William Medical Center.

Inova Vascular

2921 Telestar Ct

Falls Church, VA 22042

Dr. Behdad Aryavand, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Aryavand

Dr. Aryavand's Experience

Dr. Aryavand's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Vascular Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*
  • Vascular Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Hypertensive Encephalopathy
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Renal Artery Arteriosclerotic Disease
  • Ruptured Aortic Aneurysm
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins

• Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement
    Amount or Range: Above Average
    Nature of Complaint: PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: SUMMARY OF CARE AND TREATMENT This case involves a 51 year-old male (as of the time of treatment in 2011) with longstanding diabetes and associated end-stage renal disease. He had undergone a kidney and pancreas transplant in 1997. The transplanted kidney had failed and a second kidney transplant was performed in 2005. His pancreatic transplant had remained functional. In
  • Disciplinary action in another state (8/3/2016)
    State: New York
  • Disciplinary action in another state (12/1/2014)
    State: Maryland
  • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (9/19/2014)
    State: Virginia

• Ross University, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Saint Agnes Hospital, General Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • SUNY, Stony Brook, General Surgery
  • Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Vascular Surgery 2003-2005
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Aryavand has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Aryavand has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Aryavand does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aryavand and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Aryavand's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Aryavand to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Aryavand's Performance
in Reston, VA |
I would put my trust in Dr. Aryavand's skills in assessment/prevention guidence for health management and in the operating room. My view holds true now and will carry into the future. His approach and technique used to resolve my issues has been and continues to be superb. I can only say: thank you for adding years to my life with your timely and measured solutions to my needs !!! RK Burkhardt
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Aryavand is a competent surgeon who was on call the evening we presented our emergency at Fairfax Hospital. We were lucky enough to have him perform surgery on our mom and will continue to see him with any vascular needs and concerns. The follow up appointment was easily scheduled and the office staff were kind and professional. Thank you Dr. Aryavand for taking care of Mom!
in Lorton, VA |
Dr Aryavand and his staff took excellent care of my 14 year old son. I am very thankful to have access to such a skilled and kind physician/surgeon. My son had a rare condition for a person his age, Dr Aryavand and his staff were able to put him at ease and the surgery was huge success. I was also impressed by the office staff who treated everyone with patience and kindness.
in Fairfax Station, Va. |
Dr. Aryavand operated on me for an Aortic Aneurysm on January 9, 2017. In our meetings prior to the operation he fully explained to me the extent of the problem and the technique he would use to correct it. He spoke in great detail on the material involved, how it would be installed, the risks involved, recovery period, etc. I had complete confidence in him. The operation was successful, I was released in under 24 hours, and have made a complete recovery. lete recovery.
in Nokesville, VA |
Dr. Aryavand performed an AAA repair on me 3 years ago. I could not have been more pleased with the outcome. I have had two yearly visits with him since and all has gone well. What is as outstanding as his skill is what is referred to as his "bed side manner". The man treated me and my wife almost like we were members of his family. He took ample time to explain what was going to take place and even did a hand drawing showing us the procedure. Best of the best to us. Thank you!!!!
Woodbridge, VA |
Needed angiogram and angioplasty on right leg. He did an excellent job.
in Catonsville, MD |
Love his attention to detail. Love how he removed larg lumps in my fistula and help made it flow better and easier to do dialysis. Thank you Doc
in Arlington, VA |
I couldn't be more pleased with the treatment Dr. Aryavand provided me. I appreciated his clear and straightforward explanations of my condition and his proposed intervention. The complete confidence I had in his professional expertise was fully borne out by my experience with surgery and recovery. The operation was successful and the recovery period surprisingly short and painless. I do not hesitate to recommend him to others in need of vascular surgery.
in Woodbridge, VA |
He treated me for PAD. My legs were almost useless, painful and I could barely walk. Now I'm walking 2 miles daily pain free.
La Plata, MD |
Dr Aryavand or his PA educated us about the health concern in language we could understand. He was patient when required to re-explain vocabulary, the medical condition and/or the choices available to address the concern. The patient's condition was ALWAYS his priority. We have worked with him for three years and his honesty and education keep us going back! It is nice to see his smile!!
in Mc Lean, VA |
I was impressed by the efficiency and professionalism of Dr. Aryavand, his Nurse Practioners and the Theater team. Office visits easily scheduled , pre-op preparation very thorough establishing an assured feeling as a patient. I was awake during the procedure and was able to respond to any questions from the operating team. The post-op and 6 month follow ups were very thorough. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Aryavand and his team to anyone searching for a Vascular Specialist
in Alexandria, VA |
I highly recommend this doctor and his staff. His staff being, his physician assistant, his vascular technician, his health assistants and the scheduling assistant. I give them all on a scale of 1-10....a 10. Very helpful, thoughtful, professional, knowledgeable and kind. Scheduling is great, knowing the doctor is very busy, however they will find a good day and time for you. Office environment is bright, clean and sunny.
in Burke, Va |
I have known Dr. Aryavand for almost 10 years and have always been very happy with both him and his staff. I would recommend him without any reservations.
in Falls Church, VA |
TERRIBLE DEMANOR !
Have you seen Dr. Behdad Aryavand, MD?
Are you Dr. Aryavand?

Visit Dr. Aryavand

Dr. Aryavand accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Aryavand has admitting privileges