Dr. Beata Lewis, MD

Dr. Beata Lewis, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female
Dr. Beata Lewis, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Brooklyn, NY and has been practicing for 6 years. She graduated from Harvard Med Sch in 2006 and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.Read her story

49 8th Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11217

Learn about Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lewis "You deserve to live your best life, and I would like to help. I am an experienced, compassionate psychiatrist and psychotherapist serving the Brooklyn community. I utilize a balanced blend of psychotherapy, medication, and complementary approaches to help you find lasting solutions for both your mental health and your overall well-being. While I can assist with many concerns, I specialize in anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, ADHD, trauma, life transitions, and relationship issues. I am experienced in treating children, adolescents, adults, and individuals of all sexual orientations. We'll take a collaborative approach to help you achieve your goals. Because everyone is unique, I tailor treatment to your specific needs and interests. We may incorporate psychotherapy, psychotropic medication management, and even breath and relaxation work. I also have extensive experience with eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, biofeedback, hypnosis, nutrition, and herbal remedies. For children and teenagers, I focus on talk therapy, family therapy, play therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, nutritional, educational, and lifestyle modifications, and biofeedback. You can count on an atmosphere of acceptance and full attention to your overall well-being. An essential element of treatment is helping you to identify and strengthen your own self-healing abilities and the innate drive towards an optimal lifestyle. We'll take a collaborative approach to help you achieve your goals for recovery and wellness."

This content was provided by Dr. Lewis "We know that reaching out for help is hard and our goal is make it easier for you. The first step is the initial consultation and evaluation, which is an opportunity to gather information about your strengths, difficulties, and factors that might be contributing to your symptoms in order to come up with an accurate diagnosis that will then guide treatment. We offer expert care, up-to-date information, and treatment informed by research and experience, all in a comfortable and caring setting. We use an integrative approach incorporating both conventional and alternative approaches, depending on what best suits your needs. We work with psychotherapy and medications as well as mind-body treatments such as hypnosis and mindfulness, nutritional supplements, herbs, and dietary approaches. "

• Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Integrative Medicine
  • Psychotherapy

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Harvard University
  • Fulbright Scholar 2009-2010
    Other Education | Completed
  • Yoga Teacher Training 2010
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Lewis has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewis to family and friends

Dr. Lewis' Performance

Great
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lewis is a supportive and smart psychotherapist. She helped me to think through some big life changes and life choices in recent years and she's great at offering mindfulness and grounding practices that are very effective. My perspective is more positive as a result of her influence. I've also...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lewis is a wonderful psychiatrist, she has made a huge positive difference in my life and I would recommend her to anyone! I love her group sessions too. She's a wonderful facilitator.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lewis knows how to create situations where transformation and growth can happen. Her way of listening, asking questions, and reflecting back is gentle, deep, compassionate, and wise. She has helped me through difficult situations many times and I can't recommend her highly enough.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
With caring, Dr Lewis creates safe space and practices deep listening, which inspired meaning making during my recent emotional transition. I am grateful. I highly recommend her!
Are you Dr. Lewis?