Dr. Bassem Srour, MD

Dr. Bassem Srour, MD

Pulmonary Disease  ·
Dr. Bassem Srour, MD is a pulmonologist in Munster, IN. He graduated from Bau University in 2001 and specializes in pulmonary disease, critical care medicine, and more.Read his story

8840 Calumet Ave Ste 206

Munster, IN 46321

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Indiana
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Srour

See how frequently Dr. Srour performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sleep Apnea
Sleep Disorders
Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Srour's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Srour's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Srour "There are many reasons to go to medical school and become a doctor. For me I suffered from exercise induced Asthma that was not diagnosed for many years and I have also seen the consequences of very bad Asthma and COPD in my family. I decided to do something about it and make sure I know how to ease the suffering in my family and myself from those conditions. I enjoy my specialty greatly and it's a pleasure to help patients on a daily basis. I take great pride in keeping myself updated with the latest in my field and to be able to bring it to my patients. My education was very diverse. I started in my medical school to volunteer in Red Cross and teach CPR courses and I had the privilege of learning the Art of medicine from the best clinicians. I had an interest in understanding the basic function in the body and I completed a year of basic research in Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, I than completed my residency in Staten Island, NY and finally I choose the most challenging fellowship I can think of in Cook County Hospital in Chicago to make sure by the time I graduate that I have seen and done it all. From the time I graduated I knew that I need to keep myself always up to date. I have since been to many conferences in Harvard, John Hopkins, MD Anderson, National Jewish among others and many society national meetings. Medicine is a very complex science that takes decades to understand. One of the most challenging and rewarding part of my day is to be able to translate that science to my patients that have a very diverse educational and social background. I feel very fortunate that I get to do what I love the most by helping my patients and to call that a job."

• Critical Care Medicine
  • Sleep Medicine

• Critical Care Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Bau University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • Bau University
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Staten Island University Hospital, New York, Ny
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Staten Island University Hospital, New York, Ny
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Basic Research, Henry Ford Hospital.
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Pulmonary, Sleep and Critical Care Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Il
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Humanitarian Volunteer Mission and Clinical Research.
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Srour has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Srour does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Srour and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Srour's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Srour to family and friends

Dr. Srour's Performance

He is a great doctor, always honest and direct with his patients. He always spent the time to explain everything and made sure we understood. He has a great personality and he always makes you feel that he welcomes your questions. He always have a smile on his face and has allot of positive energy....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Srour took time to talk to me and my parents about my fathers illness and he made sure to see me ASAP and answer all of my questions. I can call his office any time and they all help me that day with results.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
He truly cared about me and my family. He was with me through out the process and guided me through tough choices
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0