Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD

Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 65

General Surgery

Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Jupiter, FL and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Damascus, Faculty Of Medicine in 1980. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HCA Florida JFK North Hospital and Hca Florida Jfk Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Bassam Sayegh, MD

Dr. Sayegh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sayegh

3.8

Dr. Sayegh

The Absolute BEST of the BEST!
Dr. Sayegh and his extraordinary skill saved my husband’s life! He is absolutely the BEST of the BEST and without question who you want to turn to if you are ever in need of surgery. He is an incredibly skilled surgeon who is also kind and funny and has a wonderfully warm and reassuring bedside manner. We were incredibly lucky that Dr. Sayegh was the surgeon on-call when my husband came to the ER in critical condition with a ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Dr. Sayegh performed nothing short of a miracle! He was able to stent the ruptured aorta and save his life! Eight weeks later my husband was able to walk our daughter down the aisle and we owe immeasurable gratitude to Dr. Sayegh and his team who made that day and every other possible. Dr. Sayegh also recently performed my appendix surgery, and those skilled hands made both my surgery and recovery quick and easy with no pain and barely any discomfort. We could never thank you enough for what you have done for our family!
Debra G. – Jul 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
It was my first major surgery, and the process was scary initially. To my suprise, everything went fantastic. The staff was exceptional!! Dr. Sayegh was kind and very professional. It anything like this happens again... I wouldn't go anywhere else!!!
Danielle Marrs – Jun 16, 2022
Excellent and caring
The staff at the center is without a doubt the best ever encountered. The doctor is knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon and though not pain-free, the whole procedure was made much less traumatic by the stress-free environment and genuine caring atmosphere.
Patrick – Jun 12, 2022
Had a successful surgery
My surgery was handled very well and everything went smoothly. After my recovery from the surgery I have had no pain or after effects and basically gone back to my normal life. I would be happy to recommend Dr Sayegh and his team to anyone needing their services.
Brian – Mar 11, 2022
Stay Away
Stay away from this doctor! I went to see Dr. Bassam Sayegh for an opinion on a wound I've had for 5 years. The doctor was extremely dismissive and arrogant. He did not listen to me, care about my medical history, or pay any attention to the important information I was trying to give him. Instead, without the necessary context, he roughly examined my wound. This not only caused me excruciating pain, but tore my wound open, undoing years of care. The repercussions of this visit have been severe for me, and I regret ever setting foot in his office. I have never had an experience this awful with another health care provider, and I can only hope my warning will prevent others from experiencing the same thing.
Richard G – Feb 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
My first visit was very easy. The staff made me feel welcome and the doctor was filled with information that put my mind to ease. I would definitely recommend this office to friends and family alike. Thank you, Terry W
Terry W – Oct 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
I was fortunate to meet Dr.Sayegh at P.B. Gardens Medical Center after an emergency admission. His diagnosis called for immediate surgery for a burst appendix. Dr. Sayegh explained he had requested an O.R. Shortly thereafter, he returned to share I would be prepped for surgery and evening. I can honestly say he and his entire team were caring and professional.
Cheryl Grantham – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
Dr. Sayegh is direct and I appreciate his candor. His talent as a surgeon was verified through a bunch of personal referrals and Top Surgeons at Jupiter Hospital who said he was very talented. The facility was extremely clean and high end. The staff beyond courteous. Although I hope I never need his services again, I will go back with confidence if necessary.
Adam K – Jun 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
I consider myself lucky Dr Sayegh was the surgeon on call at Jupiter Medical center. Emergency room visit led to Abdominal surgery. The Dr is thorough, professional and his staff is more than competent. The Dr is unflappable which is exactly what I want from a competent Surgeon. I would seek his services anytime I needed surgery that he was comfortable performing.
Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
Receiver top notch care from Dr Sayegh from the time I was admitted from the ER for emergency surgery at JMC to my discharge. My post op office visit was quick but very thorough. All my questions were answered and there was little waiting to be seen. His staff and facilities were excellent.
Norman P Silvers MD – Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
Dr Sayegh repaired my inguinal hernia 3 weeks ago without a flaw. It was done robotically at Gardens hospital. I had the other side repaired years ago, and this recent one I found recovery was much easier. Less pain, and recovery seemed quicker.
Jeff – Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
I needed to have gallbladder surgery & was referred to Dr Sayegh. The staff & office personnel were very nice & followed COVID protocol. My first visit with Dr. Sayegh was good. My surgery was done at Jupiter Medical Center. No one ever called my husband to let him know anything before, during or after my surgery. The only call was 4 1/2 to 5 hours later to tell him to pick me up. My first follow up was so fast that I never had the opportunity to look over my biopsy report or ask questions. Needless to say, I really did not understand any of the terminology. The second follow up was just the same & even though I tried to ask something, Dr. Sayegh only said that my symptoms I was exhibiting were not gallbladder related & hurried his nurse away from the computer to follow him. It was very frustrating. He may be an excellent surgeon, but finding out any information about my surgery was not important to him nor his problem. Will not go back there.
Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
The nurses apparently don’t believe that COVID-19 is real. Both of the nurses that I encountered had their masks on below their nose while in the exam room with me. The waiting room was packed full of people and is the only waiting room I’ve been in during the last few months that doesn’t have seats blocked for social distancing. The Dr was okay but didn’t seem interested in hearing about my symptoms. He just insists that I should have my gallbladder removed. Maybe I should but I’m going to get a second opinion.
Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
No! His visit included 2 minutes (120 seconds) that he charged an $180 co-pay for. He wouldn't listen to me/my medical issues and didn't have the time to go over my CT scan. Absolute crap so I went to another Dr. that (thoroughly) went over my information and concerns.
Shannon Henry – Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
I went to Dr Sayegh at his Surgical Center in Jupiter for gall bladder surgery TODAY (4/30/2020) at 7:45AM. I was home resting by 11:15 AM. The experience was beyond my most hopeful expectations. The facility is a fabulous alternative to a hospital situation and Dr. Sayegh’s nurses and assistants were wonderful from the office administration to the Operating Room nurses. Brenda and Sarah were terrific in pre-op and post surgery care. Dr. Sayegh’s calming personality and obvious skills made this surgery experience as good as one could hope for. Thank You Dr. Sayegh and your wonderful TEAM. The five star rating is well deserved.
Donald Cohen – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
I became a patient of Dr. Bassam Sayegh when I presented as an emergency at JUpiter Hospital with a perforated diverticulitis. Dr. Sayegh performed colostomy and six months later he performed a colostomy reversal. I believe Dr. Sayegh saved my life with his knowledge and surgical expertise. Throughout my surgeries Dr. Sayegh and his team treated me with dignity, respect, and support for which I am forever grateful. I highly recommend Dr. Bassam Sayegh.
William Coddington – Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
Dr Sayegh is unbelievably good and so is his staff. This is the best-run medical office I’ve ever encountered. They’re all super pros and Dr Sayegh is like dr precision...amazing robotic surgery skills, almost no pain and very fast recovery. Had hernia repair and going back for colon resection. The surgery experience itself was wonderful. He is a fantastic surgeon and was recommended by my gastroenterologist. Now I’m finding that many local doctors go to him when they need surgery and I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews locally. Even the nurse I saw first has been with him 19 years and says it’s one after another with no complications and it’s so great to work with such a fine surgeon. Very hard worker and passionate about his work. You won’t be sorry picking Dr Sayegh!
Victor M – Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
Operated on me Dec. 6,2010. Right leg amputation.
Captain. Frank – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
Dr.sayegh is the most compassionate dr. I have ever met he has performed more than one surgery on me and he is the best. Thank you so much
Deborah A Kornfield – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?
Two weeks ago Dr Sayegh removed my gallbladder it was an emergency situation he was very kind and fit me into his schedule ..No pain no scars ..I love Dr.Sayegh he is a Painless Dr ...??????
TheresaEve Marciniszyn – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bassam Sayegh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sayegh?