Dr. Bassam El-Borno, MD

Dr. Bassam El-Borno, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Bassam El-Borno, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Lancaster, PA. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

160 N Pointe Blvd Ste 204

Lancaster, PA 17601

Learn about Dr. El-Borno

Dr. El-Borno's Experience

Dr. El-Borno's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. El-Borno does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Cairo University , School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • University 0f Louisville, School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • University Of Louisville, School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. El-Borno has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. El-Borno has no media or publications listed.

Dr. El-Borno does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. El-Borno and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. El-Borno's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. El-Borno to family and friends
Dr. El-Borno's Performance
lebanon, pa |
After struggling for over a year with Post Concussion Depression my daughter stayed on the phone for over an hour looking for a psychiatric doctor. Dr. El-Borno was #12 on her list, He accepted her as a patient. That was 6 weeks ago. Today thanks to his help I have my daughter back. She is up every morning ready for the day, able to once again go to her retail job and deal with the public. He has her on a perfect 'cocktail' for her. She is not drowsy nor hyper, She is just HER bless you
And what a "HER" she truly is ! Just a wonderful soul thanks to the immense Love she obviously received from you all these years which has continued well into adulthood. Undoubtedly, she was blessed long before I was invited to merely help her "heal". All that she really needed from someone such as myself was Proper Care so that she could live her life to the fullest as she deserves. Thank you for the blessing and certainly for the privilege of having been there for the two of you.
in Hatboro, PA |
Yesterday was our first appointment with Dr. El-Borno and we couldn't be happier. I was going to get a second opinion as we were unhappy with my daughter's current psychiatrist who never gave us a diagnosis for her treatment and seemed to be "trying" out different medications over the past six months; some with very negative effects on my teenage daughter. After one visit with Dr. El-Borno, we not only have a diagnosis, but positive steps towards getting her healthy again. Highly recommended!
Thank you first and foremost for your thoughtful endorsement. As I've always contended, only with a correct diagnosis can proper treatment be provided. It's been an appalling practice in mental health to simply throw remedies at an individual, be it some questionable therapy or random medication trial, without an accurate appraisal of a person and especially when it's done without appropriate education. I truly look forward to being a trustworthy guide in realizing the positive steps outlined.
Got an appointment super quickly after calling. Dr. El-Borno himself is super friendly and very knowledgeable. He actually diagnosed me and explained the reasons for taking the medication he prescribed. Trust me when I say I have had other doctors who just write you a prescription and say here take this, with no explanation. Easily the best doctor I have ever had.
Thank you for being "super" kind !!
I remember being told "He's the very best" when I was referred by my family doctor to see this psychiatrist. It didn't take long for me to appreciate why......he's just outstanding in every way. Top notch care from a diamond in the rough. I understand that he's now helping a new premier practice grow in Blue Bell, PA. They're very lucky, as are their clients.
Thank you kindly for your auspicious reflections and most humbling acclamation.
Elizabethtown, PA |
I love this man's brain, but he is very hard to get a hold of and does not return calls- sometimes even when you go to the office. Regardless, the only man I'll let mess with my head.
Your candid expression of frustration at not being consistently served "On Demand" is noted and as such please do accept my sincere apologies. As you're well aware, a solo private practice presents patients with distinctive and unrivaled rewards that are experienced no where else, given what's out there these days. Understandably however, there are those occasional limitations, as the one you made note of. It's sometimes just impossible to be there "Instantaneously Each and Every Time".
in Ephrata, PA |
After seeing the same doctor for 2 years for a diagnose of MDD, my doctor and I could never find the right combination of medicine to effectively treat me. After the first visit with Dr. El-Borno, he not only rediagnosed me with a different mental disorder, that made more sense, but he also put me on the right medicine the first appointment! The only change made to my medication, he called in the prescription for me 2 weeks before I would see him again. None had done that before; its refreshing.
Thank you for sharing your experience here with others who may have found themselves in similar circumstances. Unfortunately, there are many who likewise have had to deal with the suffering that comes from improper diagnoses and ineffectual treatments, leaving them tormented in more ways than one. I'm really glad to have been of help in relieving your pain and to know that your "refreshed" so to speak !
Have you seen Dr. Bassam El-Borno, MD?

Visit Dr. El-Borno