Dr. Bassam Assaf, MD

Dr. Bassam Assaf, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Bassam Assaf, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Moline, IL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

4370 7th St

Moline, IL 61265

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Assaf

See how frequently Dr. Assaf performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Headache
Confusion

Dr. Assaf's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Huntington's Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Sleep Study

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Damascus / Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989

Dr. Assaf has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Assaf does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Assaf and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Assaf's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Assaf to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Assaf's Performance
Moline |
Poor bedside manner.
Rock island, IL |
Dr. Assaf has taken care of my elderly father on two separate occasions. On both occasions he was suffering from extremely serious medical problems and at the emergency room including the ICU. He took time from his personal life to come to the hospital to attend to my father. I can honestly say he was the ONLY DOCTOR who showed a personal interest in my father's well being and the ONLY DOCTOR who provided prompt follow up care. My father might not be with us today but for his involvement.
Rock Island, IL |
The worst healthcare provider I have ever seen!! The doctor did not even LOOK at my MRI scan and spent a whole 3 minutes with me for my initial evaluation. He was rude and very unprofessional. Nurse practitioner completely clueless..Would not take my dog there. Healthcare at its worst!
I highly recommend Dr. Assaf. My experience with Dr. Assaf is above and beyond my expectations. Dr. Assaf is always knowledgeable of the latest research - the positives, negatives and details of the available medicines and how the medicines may affect the patient - very complete with testing and most of all concerned with what works the best for the patient. I am also impressed with Dr. Assaf's concern and activeness in knowing the patients family.
in Bettendorf, IA |
Very professional. Listens and takes detailed history. Explains things in detail. Office staff courteous, prompt and easy to work with
in Moline, Il |
Dr Assaf was very professional. He provided my daughter with the greatest care. He also was willing to explain and listen to my concerns as well. He went above and beyond to make sure all measures were taken to make sure we could find answer to my daughters problem. He ordered efficient testing and proper referrals. I was very happy with him and his staffs service.
East moline |
First time going there was a Tina of paperwork which is hard when you are there for hand numbness, waited about 30 min just to sit in a room and do more paperwork and wait another 30 min for the "student" to come in, then another 30 min and the doctor came in. He kept leaving the room to get more papers. At the end he told me I needed a sleep study. Very unorganized and I still have no answering for my numbness. Office staff seemed to work hard and was polite under the craziness nuts
Rock Island, IL |
*The wait time is my biggest complaint. *Dr. Assaf is wonderful, the staff is extremely efficient and smiling(unsure about some of these other complaints-bad day?) *Nice comforting office *Ease of test scheduling *Would recommend name on door/building
in Omaha, NE |
I think this man is extremely knowledgeable in his field, and he is certainly qualified as well. That said, the staff was horrible. Every time I call, I am answered with such unnecessary rudeness. I have never experienced this with any other receptionists. It also took over an hour for me to get in and out of the office for an appointment that lasted maybe 10 minutes. Extremely unprofessional, and would not recommend.
in Rock Island, IL |
I read some of the comments, and I think they were not very fare to him. I think some people do not care for him because of his bed side manner. He cares about his profession, and his patients. He is not your friend he is your doctor! I wanted this procedure for about 10 years. I had no luck getting it done with the others I seen, He got it done in about 6 months. I highly recommend him. You can tell his staff and he is all about patient satisfaction.
Andalusia |
Horrible bed side manner. I dnot care if he was the only Dr. left on earth, I would rather suffer than go see him.
in Moline, IL |
I like dr Assad because he listens to what I have to say. He made his suggestions on a few things and left it up to me what I wanted to do, and I appreciate that. There's no rush. He asks me questions and I answer them truthfully. I feel comfortable with him.
Have you seen Dr. Bassam Assaf, MD?
Are you Dr. Assaf?