Dr. Barton Harris, MD

Dr. Barton Harris, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Barton Harris, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Mechanicsville, VA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

8200 Meadowbridge Rd Ste 200

Mechanicsville, VA 23116

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Harris

See how frequently Dr. Harris performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis
Joint Pain
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Harris's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Harris' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Harris "A Virginia native from Lexington, Dr. Harris was an Echols Scholar as an undergraduate at the University of Virginia (UVA) in Charlottesville. He earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia (MCV) in Richmond, Virginia and returned to UVA for his Orthopaedic Surgery Training Program. He then completed an Adult Reconstruction fellowship for Hip & Knee Replacement in Richmond before starting practice. He is Board-Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Harris and his wife, Kristen, are the proud parents of Pierson and Savannah and live near the historic Fan District in Richmond."

This content was provided by Dr. Harris "Dr. Barton Harris is one of only a few Orthopaedic Surgeons in the Richmond area with fellowship training in Total Joint Replacement. Specializing in reconstruction of the hip and knee, including minimally invasive procedures such as Direct Anterior Hip Replacement, computer / custom knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and complex cases including revisions."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Injury
  • Hip Pain
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Post-Traumatic Arthritis
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Scapular Fracture
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Still's Disease
  • Traumatic Arthropathy
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis
  • Wrist Fracture

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
  • Arthritis Surgery
  • Bi-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Computer-Assisted Surgery (CAS)
  • Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Harris' Performance
in King William Va. |
Three weeks ago today I had a total Hip replacement, Pre op visit to Dr Harris was awesome he was more then prepared for me. Had all my information he took his time and when I left the office I was 100% knowing I had the right Doctor, I"am 59 years old I had a total knee replacement two years ago, At no time during the whole process I felt uncomfortable, I promise you this, Dr Harris and his staff will be the Best of the Best, and as Long as you have a POSITIVE Attitude and Keep moving.
Kurt - Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave such a thoughtful and kind comment. Best, Sarah
in Mechanicsville, VA |
Besides his surgical expertise, he seems concerned for his patients concerns; answering questions pleasantly. Even though orthopedic surgery is another day at work for him, it is new to me. He treated me with dignity and respect. He has been knowledgeable, pleasant and friendly.
in Aylett, VA |
I had a hip replacement June 2016. I went back for my one-year check-up recently and can say I am so happy with my new hip. Dr. Harris and his entire staff are the best!
Barbara - Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a kind message. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Sandston Va |
I can only use one word to describe my procedure with Dr. Harris and his staff, "awesome!!!!" Thanks for the great care and be assured that everyone I speak to knows it. Highly recommended?. God bless Pastor Jordan
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words! I will pass long to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr Harris and his staff were great! They answered all my medical and insurance questions. They also did a fine job on my knee.
Thank you Mark for your kind words! Best wishes, Sarah
in Mechanicsville, VA |
I have had both hips replaced within 6 months of each other and am so pleased with the results. Dr. Harris is great and I have referred a couple people to him already.
in Richmond, VA |
I've been seeing Dr. Harris for a couple of years. He's treating me for a future THR (hip) and TKR (knee) replacements. 14 years of football from elementary school through college have finally caught up to me. We both know I will eventually need replacements but he isn't pushing that option. He is treating the current symptoms and helping me be as "normal" and discomfort free as possible at this stage.
Hi Sam, Thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to pass along this information to Dr. Harris and his team. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Dr.Harris has been my orthopedic dr. for about 8 years now. I have had a partial knee replacement in both knees and he was always caring, and very willing to work with me. He is a patient, kind and considerate man and I have yet to meet a doctor quite like him. I am getting ready to have one of the replacement parts in one knee repaired and feel that I will get along fine. I trust him and never went from the beginning to another dr. for a 2nd opinion. He is the best! Sue Luter, Richmond Va
in Richmond, VA |
I've had both my hips replaced by Dr. Harris in less than one year and each time he was very professional, friendly and courteous.....as well as his nurses and office staff. I started with injections then on to joint replacement surgery. I didn't even bother with getting a second opinion, that is how much I trusted him. I would highly recommend Dr. Harris for joint replacement.
in Quinton, VA |
I was referred to Dr. Harris by my Primary Care Physician for hip pain. They took X-rays on my hip and Dr. Harris went over the X-ray results with me thoroughly. He took his time with me and made me feel very comfortable in asking questions. The office staff was very friendly and courteous.
Mechanicsville, VA |
There is something off about the office. Everyone has a bad day, but each time I return or I have contact with them my experience keeps getting worse. I broke my ankle and was referred by the emergency room. I liked the convenience and location to my house and decided to give the ER doctor's recommendation a try. The initial check-in staff were not very pleasant people and were kind of on the rude side. The medical staff did the bare minimum, was very uncaring, and never returned phone calls
Richmond, VA |
I went to Dr. Harris for a 2nd opinion for knee surgery and decided to have him do the surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Barton Harris, MD?

Visit Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Medicaid
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    PAR Traditional
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Blue Choice Advantage
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA