Dr. Bart Barrett, MD

Dr. Bart Barrett, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Bart Barrett, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Huntington Beach, CA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Read his story

19361 Beach Blvd

Huntington Beach, CA 92648

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Barrett

Dr. Barrett's Experience

Dr. Barrett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Barrett's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Barrett "I was born and raised in Southern California and graduated from Buena Park High School in 19- (well let's just say a while ago!). In 1982, I met and married my wife Lisa, who has been an incredible source of strength and inspiration to me. Her confidence in me gave me the courage to pursue a career in medicine. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from UCI with a degree in Biology in 1986, and started Medical School at UCI the following fall. While there, I was mentored by a wonderful Family Physician who instilled in me the desire to care for entire families. That passion has continued to grow over the years. After graduating from medical school in 1990, I began my Family Practice training at Northridge Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. My interest in obstetrics grew while I was there, and I purposely pursued extra training in the care of pregnant patients. I shared that interest in Obstetrics with fellow residents, and was given awards for teaching, Obstetrics and for Outstanding Resident when I graduated from the program in 1993. Lisa and I moved to Huntington Beach in 1993 with our then three year old son, Nathaniel. After a VERY brief stint as an employee physician for FHP, I joined a group practice in the Hoag Health center in Huntington Beach. My 8 years there saw the birth of my daughter Jamie in 1995, and an enjoyable partnership with the doctors of Beach Family Doctors. In 2002, I decided to test the waters of solo practice and moved into a suite across the hall. In February 2004, I purchased the home where my office is now located and moved here in November of that year. In my years in private practice I have continued to do what I most love, which is caring for families. My greatest professional joy comes from the blessing of being present when my patients welcome their children into the world, and then sharing the milestones as those children grow up. In addition, I take great pride in remaining a balanced physician who cares for patients of all ages. At the time I write this, I have in my practice 5 generations of one family! I am Board certified in Family Medicine, and I am a proud member of the medical staff of Hoag Hospital. I have been privileged to serve as the chairman of the Family Practice department in 2004-2006. I have been a member of Greater Newport Physicians since 1994, and served on the Board of Directors from 2003-2008. I currently am a volunteer faculty member in the Department of Family Medicine at UCI, teaching medical students Family Medicine. I received the award for Outstanding Family Medicine Preceptor in 1996. My practice style has always been a personal one. I believe that my patients are people first and patients second, and they deserve a physician who is first a person and then a doctor. As a result, I enjoy learning about the lives of the people who visit me and am not afraid to share of myself. A tour of my office will quickly reveal some of my non-medical interests, including a love of baseball, an unhealthy interest in Disney, a love of family and a strong faith. If you should decide to make my office your "home" for medical care, it is my hope that you will feel welcome, and that you will feel cared about as well as cared for. Entrusting your health to a physician is a sacred trust, one which I will do my best to honor. Dr. B"

This content was provided by Dr. Barrett "We practice the Golden Rule. We treat others as we would want to be treated. We work to minimize wait times (and give out gift cards if the wait is over 30 minutes), respond to all phone calls on the day they are received, and go the extra mile when needed."

• Family Practice

• Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • High Cholesterol
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Stitches
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for California.

• Univ Of Ca
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Northridge Hospital Med Center

Dr. Barrett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barrett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barrett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barrett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barrett to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Barrett's Performance
in Huntington Beach, CA |
He is exceptional Caring, smart, and extremely knowledgeable. Takes the time to get to know about you.
in Garden Grove, CA |
Dr. Barrett was quick to respond to me personally. He took time to listen compassionately and treated my mom's problem as if she were his own family member.
in Huntington Beach, Ca |
I absolutely loved Dr. Barrett! He took his time and went above and beyond making my visit the very best it could have been. He is understanding, compassionate, warm and caring. He explained everything so I could understand it. He is just a wonderful doctor and I can't say enough about how I would recommend him and his practice to everyone.
Huntington Beach, CA |
Very helpful. Interested in patients well-being
in Huntington Beach, CA |
As a new patient I was nervous but Dr. Barrett is very easy to talk to. He shows genuine interest and made inquiries about past medical history and medications. He is NOT eager to prescribe new medications! Which is surprising. He made many suggestions to improve my overall health!
in Westminster, CA |
It is rare to find a doctor like Dr. Barrett. He truly cares about his patients and treats you like his own family. He takes his time to make sure all of my questions and concerns are addressed. He values my time and makes sure the wait is never long. I can actually get a same day appointment with him. When I see Dr. Barrett, I feel like an individual not just a number. And he's actually on call 24/7. WHAT IS THERE NOT TO LIKE ABOUT DR. BARRETT?
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Barrett's personality really put me at ease. He was personable, relaxed & didn't rush things. He made me feel comfortable & listened to what I had going on. He offered to be of any help he can to get me feeling better! This type of service is above & beyond. You just don't find awesome doctors like him too often. I would highly recommend him to anyone I know.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Took my appointment day of. Very happy with the service.
Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Barrett and his staff are very welcoming. In the past with my previous physician I didn't find it easy to talk about things and at this office I feel very comfortable. It is more of a "family" atmosphere. I am so happy I made the change and have already referred people to the office.
Davis, CA |
He was on-time for my appointment and he is attentive to me and my health. I feel confident that if I do have a medical need, he or his PA would be available to see me on short notice.
in Newport Beach, CA |
I really appreciate Dr. Barrett's logical and easily understood way of explaining medical options and his personalized help in making good strategic decisions.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
He takes the time to research your issue if needed before you come and gives you all the time you need to discuss your issues while you are there. He truly cares about taking care of you.
in Garden Grove, CA |
Excellent!! Highly recommended!! Always takes the time to explain diagnosis thoroughly and answers all questions.
Dr. Barrett's expertise and treatments are antiquated and he is grossly misinformed. Please seek another provider in you live in the Huntington Beach area.
I wish you had been more specific with your concerns so I could address them fully. I work hard to stay current, and pride myself on keeping up to date. I would welcome specific feedback if you could be kind enough to give it. If you call the office the staff can give you my cell number so we can speak personally.
in Fountain Valley, CA |
Dr.Barrett has been my doctor for years and I trust him. I strongly recommend Dr.Barrett
Have you seen Dr. Bart Barrett, MD?

See our Family Medicine Specialists at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro

Visit Dr. Barrett