Dr. Barry Witten, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility ·  Male · Age 70

Dr. Witten

Comprehensive Infertility Services

621 S New Ballas Rd Ste 589A Saint Louis, MO 63141

Dr. Barry Witten, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from University Of Pretoria, Faculty Of Health Sciences, School Of Medicine in 1975 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

At a glance

• Hospital satisfaction . Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital . America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Witten accepts

Dr. Witten accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Coventry Health Care of Illinois
Coventry Health Care of Illinois PPO
Health and Life PPO
Platinum PPO
Coventry Health Care of Kansas, Inc.
Coventry Health Care of Kansas, Inc. PPO
Coventry Health Care of Missouri
Coventry Health Care of Missouri PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Molina Healthcare
Molina

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Dr. Witten treats your condition or procedure

• Hysterosalpingography
  • Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
  • Thyroid Screening

4.1

Dr. Witten?
Dr. Witten's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Barry Witten, MD
Dr. Witten has been incredible and came highly recommend. He noticed the signs of endometriosis when no one else had. He ran the testing to confirm there was not another issue, and then made sure I was placed with the right Dr. to take care of my endometriosis. After my surgery he made a personal phone call just to make sure I was doing ok. If we need further treatment we will definitely return. I am endometriosis free because his main priority was my health and getting the proper treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
Dr. Witten and his staff at SIRM are very disappointing. Our experience with them has been nothing short of a complete nightmare. Dr. Witten withheld extremely important medical information in order to carry on with an IUI that he charged us $1,000.00 for. Seconds after the procedure was complete, he immidietely told us that he thought we should do IVF. Which made us realize that he had absolutely no confidence in the procedure he had just performed. Extremely heartbreaking experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
We have $1000 less in our bank account due to Dr. Witten’s inability to properly explain a medical procedure to our insurance. He charged us the $1000, despite our insurance saying we should have only been charged $5. He told us he does not do letters of appeal to the ins. co, and that it was on us to do it. The ins. co. denied our appeal because it was not written by our dr. He was horrible at communicating with us as well. Limited by characters but I could go on for days. Awful experience!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
Dr Witten helped us conceive our children and all three experiences were exceptional. He connected with me as a person, not just a patient and that made stressful times so much easier. The trust and confidence he built with us, coupled with his vast experience, knowledge and professionalism meant there was no else I would work with. As a nurse, I have high expectations and he exceeds them. Dr Witten is forever part of our family and there are no words to describe the gratitude I have for him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
Dealing with infertility is one of the hardest things I experienced. Dr. Witten was there every step of the way, with kind words and encouragement. Dr.Witten's bedside manner is amazing, and his knowledge and skill makes him the #1 top doctor in MO. My husband and I are more than pleased that we had the chance to meet and work with Dr.Witten, and that we can finally say we are pregnant! I encourage anyone needing fertility help to reach out to Dr.Witten and his staff! He is a miracle worker!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
I absolutely loved our experience in this office. Dr. Witten and his staff really care about you and your family and they go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Every time we had a visit they walked us through things step by step and made sure we understood what to expect. I am very happy with them and I would recommend them to everyone. I can't thank them enough for helping me to figure out why I couldn't get pregnant and to help us finally achieve a pregnancy!!! Very thorough!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
I have been working with Dr. Witten and his staff for 5 years. I'm so thankful my OB/GYN recommended him. When dealing with infertility, there are a lot of emotional factors as well as physical factors that need to be assessed. Their bed side manner and understanding of treating the patient as a person and not an illness is top notch. I would recommend this doctor/office to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
He is very much to the point. He did not try to tell me only what I wanted to hear. He was very empathetic with my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Witten and his Staff. They always have a smile on their face and they make you feel like family. My husband and I are so grateful to have met Dr. Witten. After years and years of trying to concieve Dr. Witten made our Dream come true! Our little Miracle is on the way! The best decision that we ever made was calling his office and making that first appointment. I would highly recommend Dr. Witten to anyone as you will be in great hands! -Cindy Lay
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?
Dr. Witten was so personable and knowledgeable back between 1988-1994 when our triplets were born after invitrofertilization and 9 years of infertility. He was wonderful with our daughter who was 3yrs old at the time we started seeing him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Witten, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Witten?

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

1980
1977
1975
1970

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Witten treats patients.

79% Patient experience rating, 10% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019)