Non-Surgical Orthopedics  |
Dr. Barry Werries, MD
Dr. Barry Werries, MD is a non-surgical orthopedics doctor who practices in Jacksonville, IL. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Werries is affiliated with Memorial Medical Center and Passavant Area Hospital.

Orthopedic Center Of Illinois, Springfield, IL

• Medicare
  • Three Rivers Provider Network

Learn about Dr. Werries

Dr. Werries' Experience

Dr. Werries' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • So Il University School Of Med

Dr. Werries has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Werries does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Werries and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Werries' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Werries to family and friends
Dr. Werries' Performance
in Beardstown,IL |
Dr. Werries replaced my left knee, also fixed my left broken arm. Have not had a single problem with either one since the surgeries. He has a great bedside manner and is very personable. I would highly recommend him for anybody that needs a reliable and trustworthy orthopedic surgeon. He is truly going to be missed at his Jacksonville, Il practice. He is just wonderful and I can't say enough about it.
in Jacksonville, IL |
Dr. Werries is a highly dedicated and respected physician. He has treated five of our family members with ailments ranging from a sore toe to a hip replacement. All with superb results. His professional yet friendly and reassuring demeanor is the trademark of his 18 years of service. A member of our Illinois family will possibly need replacement surgery in the future - she will be making a trip to Dr. Werries practice in Florida if that day arrives!
in Jacksonvile, il |
Dr. Werries did my knee surgery and have had wonderful results. Following his very clear instructions and having all my concerns and questions answered in a patient and concerned manner, has benefited me with exceptional results. I have also seen him for other arthritic problems. Dr. Werries and his staff are always exceptional.
Jacksonville, IL |
Dr. Barry Werries is really the best. Very kind and generally cares about patients. He is moving to Florida and I want everyone down there to know what a wonderful Dr they are getting. I have many friends that have been to him and they are extremely sorry he is leaving.
in Jacksonville, IL |
Dr. Werries is a wonderful orthopedist. He is professional, and he truly listens. He is genuinely concerned and clearly presents all treatment options. All related questions are addressed.
in Jacksonville, IL |
Dr. Werries replaced my left knee in 2015. I did the exercises he recommended before and after surgery and had a complete and rapid recovery. Dr. Werries is a talented and compassionate surgeon who gives encouragement an assistance to his patients. I recommend him without reservation and am honored that he accepted me as a patient. Very sorry he is leaving the area.
in Jacksonville, IL |
As Director of Volunteers at Passavant Hospital for 39 years, I observe Barry Werries as an outstanding physician in all ways. His relationship with the hospital staff and patients are excellent. I have personally had two knee replacements with Dr. Werries and had excellent results. He is very supportive to his patients.
Illinois |
Dr. Werries treated me for a total knee replacement, and I had excellent results. He was very personable and thorough in explaining the treatment and procedures. Even the PT's could tell that he was the doctor just by looking at the surgery site. I needed a total shoulder replacement. He did not hesitate to refer me to another surgeon that specialized in shoulder replacements, as he felt that would be the best course of treatment for me. He is going to be missed here in Illinois.
in Jacksonville, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr Werries for several years. I had a knee replacement and my husband had a hip replacement. We felt prepared but not pressured to have the surgeries. His follow-up care was excellent, he was always willing to spend as much time as needed for discussion or questions and before deciding on the surgeries, we tried shots that helped. When more rehab was needed, he didn't hesitate to recommend it. We always enjoyed seeing Dr. Werries in his office or in the community.
in Roodhouse, Illinois |
I have known Dr.Werries for the past 18 years, first as a RN working on an ortho floor providing care for his patients then as a patient myself. Dr Werries is a very knowledgeable professional person. I have had three total joint replacements, the third one being in July 2017. I trust him implicitly. He is a very compassionate doctor. I have not had any post operative complications with any surgery he has performed, whether it be a minor procedure to the joint replacements. Excellent Dr.!
New Berlin, Il |
Dr. Werries has been my orthopedic doctor for the last 20 years and is an excellent surgeon. I have had arthroscopic surgery on each knee and this year had both knees replaced with excellent success. I recommend Dr. Werries for any orthopedic work.
in Jacksonville, IL |
Dr. Barry Werries is THE best?? You will never find a more genuine and caring Dr . Dr. Werries has done both knee replacements for myself and my husband. He oiled not touch my husband for the surgeries until he had a surgical procedure done on his back that Dr. Werries discovered. My husband had a successful surgery for his back and then Dr Werries did full replacements on his knees. Dr Werries is a fine man, dedicated to his patients and a wonderful family man. God bless him and his family.
in JACKSONVILLE, IL |
DR, WERRIES HAS REPLACED MY LEFT HIP AND MY RIGHT AND LEFT KNEE. HE ALSO HAS REPLACED MY WIFES RIGHT KNEE. BEFORE OUR SURGERIES MY WIFE AND I WERE IN PAIN AND HAD LESS MOVEMENT. AFTER THE SURGERIES THE PAIN WAS GONE AND MOVEMENT HAD RETURNED. I HAVE TALKED TO ALOT OF PEOPLE DR. WERRIES HAS OPERATED ON AND WE ALL SAY THE SAME THING. BEST THING WE EVERY DID. WE ALL WISH HIM THE BEST. BONNIE & LUTHER GAIN
in Franklin il |
Highly recommend Dr Werries.
in Beardstown,il. |
He did both hips and my two knees. I am pain free and have my life back. He is a very caring doctor.
in Pittsfield, IL |
Dr. Werries is a friendly and understanding doctor. I had to have rotor cuff surgery with a bad tear. Dr. said that I might not be able to lift my arm straight up in the air. Dr. was amaze that I lift my arm straight up without no problems.
in Calumet City, IL |
Dr.Barry Werries did my knee surgery and on April 6 2017 he did a total hip replacement surgery surgery on my Dad and he is kind and caring he will be missed here in Jacksonville Illinois but we understand best wishes to him on his new adventure in Florida.
in Jacksonville, IL |
I have had two knee replacements done by Dr Werries. He is a stickler for proper procedures and goes farther than some to make sure there is no chance of infection. I heard from every nurse at Passavant Hospital how lucky I was to have Dr Werries do my surgery! He was so friendly and I had complete confidence in him. I could not recommend any surgeon more highly!
in Bluffs, IL |
I have had three surgery's done by Dr. Werries. All were very successful. He is great at explaining what has to be done and after surgery tells you what to expect. A great doctor and surgeon. He also is very easy to communicate with. He really does care about you as a person.
in Jacksonville, IL |
Dr. Werries was not personable at all. He would not knock on the door before he entered. He did not try and find out what was wrong me my arm, instead he gave up and told me to find a new doctor.
Jacksonville, IL |
Dr. Werries was fantastic. He spent a lot of time with us explaining everything and making sure we understood the tests he ordered and possible course of treatment for my daughter's hip injury. The nurse and receptionist also were very friendly and made both my daughter and I feel comfortable.
in Bluffs, IL |
He's very upfront about all that you have going on with your injuries...he doesn't try to push surgery, he gives you every option for treatment! I had knee surgery on my meniscus to remove it and had minimal debrement, a little pain the day of surgery, which was yesterday & today I have no pain & am walking (not fully) but walking without crutches or anything!!
Have you seen Dr. Barry Werries, MD?
Are you Dr. Werries?