General Surgery  |
Dr. Barry Rosen, MD
Dr. Barry Rosen, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Barrington, IL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Rosen is affiliated with Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital.

802 Fox Glen Ct

Barrington, IL 60010

• AvMed
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Rosen

See how frequently Dr. Rosen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Autoimmune Diseases
Ventral Hernia
Breast Reconstruction

Dr. Rosen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rosen "My practice philosophy is simple--I try to follow the "Golden Rule"--I strive to treat people with the same compassion, respect, and clinical excellence that I would hope for if I was in the same or similar situation. I believe that the cornerstone of excellence is communication: if someone does not completely understand what I have recommended, I have not done my job well."

• General Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery

Dr. Rosen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Appendicitis

• Biopsy of Breast
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colon Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Mastectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois Urbana Champaign
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Michael Reese Hosp-Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Of Illinois
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Rosen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rosen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rosen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rosen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rosen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rosen to family and friends
Dr. Rosen's Performance
Cary, IL |
After abnormal breast imaging and a known family history of breast cancer I consulted with Dr. Rosen regarding genetic testing. Dr. Rosen spent time educating me on the benefits of undergoing this testing as I was initially anxious. The genetic testing was incredibly fast and easy. I was in and out of the office in minutes. I am extremely happy I underwent this testing and am comforted by the results obtained. Dr. Rosen's bedside manner and caring affect were unparalleled.
in Round Lake, IL |
I recently had hernia surgery performed by Dr. Rosen on a Thursday afternoon. He was very easy going and made me feel very comfortable. The intestinal pain I was suffering from immediately went away and I had very little pain from the surgery. The recovery has been excellent and I was back to work on Monday, only missing one day of work. I highly recommend Dr. Rosen!
in cary, il |
Dr. Rosen is amazing! His incredible relaxed bed side manner, passion, and funny personality was exactly the kind of doctor I needed by my side when diagnosed with Breast Cancer. He made me feel like I was his only patient, always had time to answer my many questions and assured me everything was going to be ok, it is because of him I had hope! He is compassionate and cares about the overall well being of his patients. I will forever be grateful for his commitment, sacrifice and incredible care!
Twin Lakes, WI |
AWESOME!!!
in Fox Lake, IL |
Dr. Rosen Is a excellent doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone. He really makes you feel at ease, and his staff is very friendly. He listens and explains everything very clearly. I feel very blessed to have him as a doctor.
in Cary, IL |
Dr. Rosen clearly explained the procedure, covered post-op expectations, and performed the procedure without a hitch. Going under is always a concern regardless of age or procedure, but you are in the hands of true professional with Dr. Rosen. I highly recommend him. Additionally, his office is run extremely well.
Lake Zurich, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Rosen without hesitation. He is friendly, knowledgeable, thorough and answers all questions. He is an excellent surgeon too!
in Barrington, IL |
Very attentive office staff and excellent care! I highly recommend this surgeon and his partners.
in Cary, IL |
Dr. Rosen is an excellent surgeon with an amazing bedside manner....so rare to find both qualities in a doctor. I felt comfortable and confident with him and knew that I was receiving the best possible care. He and his office staff did everything, including scheduling my MRI prior to me leaving on vacation as well as getting all my referrals (I have an HMO). They really broke the mold when they made Dr. Rosen! He truly is a Godsend and there is no need to look for any other surgeon!
in Lake Zurich, IL |
Dr. Rosen takes time to listen to patients, to explain diagnosis and to provide clear next steps. Even though he had a patient to see before me, he came into the exam room I was in, introduced himself and explained he would see me immediately following the patient. I would highly recommend him to anyone I know.
in Algonquin, IL |
Dr. Rosen is FANTASTIC!!! I was sent to him after I found a couple of lumps in my breast that didn't show up on diagnostic imaging & an ultrasound- There was no definitive diagnosis & I have a history of breast, pancreatic, & ovarian cancer in my family. Dr. Rosen is an expert in his field & his 'bedside' manner is beyond comforting. He took an approach & did tests that put my mind at ease & that I am very satisfied with. I *highly* recommend Dr. Rosen- His staff as well; they're all great!!!
in Deer park IL |
The best of the best! Dr. Rosen is exceptionaly professional. I was totally lost when I got my diagnosis, and the first thing what doctor said was - relax, I'll take care of you! And he did! I felt like guardian angel took care of me! God bless Dr. Barry Rosen!
in Lake Barrington, IL |
The best! They don't make doctors like this anymore! I accompanied my wife for a consultation for a rather complicated situation. The superb staff got us in within a day and Dr. Rosen spent a great deal of time laying out everything in an easily understood and friendly matter. Her course of action is clear and totally manageable now. Highly recommend for women with breast cancer or anyone with problems he deals with.
in Illinois |
I received a diagnosis of breast cancer on Friday morning of a long holiday weekend. My family doc gave me Dr Rosen's number and told me to call him. He returned my call within an hour and made time to see me that same day. He felt confident that everything would be OK... and it was.. following a double mastectomy all that goes with that process. He and his staff are outstanding and they really care. I love these people!
Have you seen Dr. Barry Rosen, MD?
Are you Dr. Rosen?