Dr. Barry Rhodes, MD

Dr. Barry Rhodes, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

As a sports medicine physician. I believe in focusing on the global health of my patients. I will work with you to identify the source of your concern and use integrated strategies to heal you.

My philosophy for maintaining a healthy body includes physical activity, appropriate nutrition, and a healthy outlook on life. I like to build a strong base with my patients and partner with them to keep them healthy. While I see patients of all ages from pediatrics to geriatrics, I especially like the influence I have on young people.

My advice to all my patients:

1. Never stop moving

2. Remember that health is as important as work

3. Don't sweat the small stuff

I received my medical degree at the University of Oklahoma and did my residency with the University of Oklahoma in Tulsa. I became a doctor because of my love of science and biology. The challenge of medicine led me in this direction, but the bonds I form with my patients hold my dedication.

I've been active all my life and I find that sports medicine awards me the opportunity to counsel my patients on what the best way is to achieve goals of health and healthy living and to specialize in the joint care of musculoskeletal medicine for all ages.

I feel that being your doctor is a partnership. My job is to give you honest advice that will help you to make the best-informed decisions based on your healthcare needs. I prefer to give you choices and will not tell you that you have to do something. Our goal in this partnership is to develop a great relationship that you look forward to and trust as you do your friends.

Dr. Rhodes' Experience

See how Dr. Rhodes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rhodes

Dr. Rhodes accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Rhodes has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rhodes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rhodes to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Rhodes Says:

Thank you for taking the time to answer the patient satisfaction survey.  Your responses help me to be a better partner in your healthcare.

Thank you!

Barry Rhodes MD

Dr. Rhodes' Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Local |
I saw Dr Rhodes occasionally as Dr Buhl eased into retiring/working less, he is now my primary. He can be hard to see spontaneously (I rarely plan to see Dr's) but hands down is my favorite Dr I have seen. Key point is he actually seems to listen and takes my point of view into consideration, very reasonable to work with. I have had issues when he wasn't available, not trying to be funny... but maybe leave an abacus with the other Drs next time you take time off. Overall fantastic Dr! Thank you!
in Milwaukie |
Dr Rhodes a very compassionate physician as well as being very direct, which I greatly appreciate. I have multiple serious health issues and I feel he helps me manage them very well. He provides enough relevant information to make informed health decisions. He is realistic enough to know when to choose his battles, so to speak, about how well you manage your own care. He reinforces the needed positive changes you have made & encourages you to make the more difficult changes without scolding.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Rhodes is the best. He actually cares about his patients well-being and spends that extra time it takes to strengthen the relationship with his patients. He is very perfessional as well as personable. He has been my doctor now for about 7 years and he is very thorough and is extremely knowledgeable and well known in the medical field. He has helped me out immensely with my medical needs and I am considering myself lucky to have Dr.rhodes as my primary care physician.
in Portland, OR |
Took my 5 yr son in for an ear infection. Dr Rhodes is not his primary physician, just who was available. My son tells him "I want to be a doctor when I grow up" and the doctor says "well I hope the paperwork is better by then. What you really want to be is an orthodontist, thats where the money is..." I think maybe he was trying to be funny but didnt even crack a smile. Very unprofessional and obviously must not deal with children often. I thought he was rude, and my son was totally confused.
in Clackamas, OR |
Sadly I have been going here for 3 years and just can't take it anymore!!! Went to my appointment this morning 12/29/16; arrived 15 minutes late and was told the soonest I could see the doctor was on January 5. I have been waiting for this appointment for weeks while Dr Rhodes was on vacation. I've been seeing him for years, I asked if they could fit me in, I would wait, the doctor told the RUDE front desk women that he was unable to see me even though I am trying to see him before my insuranc
in Oregon City, OR |
He really makes me feel like I'm a person and not just a patient. He's down to earth. He's straight up about what he says. He's not just taking notes, he's listening. He's present with me and that's what I like in a doctor and I finally found him. It's hard for me to even go to the doctor, but I look forward to seeing Dr. Rhodes.
Portland, OR |
Dr. Rhodes was quite unprofessional.
in Clackamas, OR |
I have several types of issues such as neurological pain, fibro, migraines, anyways, he always listens, even when I am being a less than pleasant person and helps find something that we can try that I can use to help prevent my pain.
Have you seen Dr. Barry Rhodes, MD?
Are you Dr. Rhodes?

3. Don't sweat the small stuff

Dr. Rhodes says...

Thank you!

Barry Rhodes MD

Dr. Rhodes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine

Dr. Rhodes has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rhodes' Board Certifications

Completed in 2006

Completed in 2007

University of Utah

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Rhodes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rhodes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine