Dr. Barry C. Pevner, MD

Dr. Barry C. Pevner, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

BARRY C PEVNER 601 N Flamingo Rd Ste 303, Pembroke Pines, FL 33028 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

We treat all adults 18 and above. My job is to diagnose your problem and then treat the problem...Read more

Personal Bio

Philadelphia Lehigh University - Medical College of Pennsylvania 6 Year - BA MD accelerated Program University of Edinburgh, Scotland,...Read more

Dr. Pevner's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Pevner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pevner

Dr. Pevner accepts 9 insurance carriers

9 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Pevner has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Pevner

Dr. Pevner's Review Details
4.5 based on 47 responses
Experience with Dr. Pevner
Dr. Pevner's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (38)
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The office was able to contact my insurance blue cross and get me in the same day. The doctor ordered X-rays and blood tests for the following day. The follow up was excellent
in Pembroke Pines |
I have always had a very professional and friendly visit. The doctor always listens to me and follows up with additional tests. Very nice staff too. They seem to get along well in the office
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I agree with the last reviewers. Good office!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
this was my second visit. I noticed the office to be clean and efficient both times. The people in the waiting room were very friendly and had been there for many years. The office was comfortable and I felt that they were happy to see me. Everything was done at the visit. xrays, labs and a specialist were all ordered for me. Great office.
in Pembroke Pines, Florida |
The office was very efficient. They scheduled me quickly and were able to make a correct diagnosis. The office also referred me to an excellent cardiologist , Dr Kashmira Bhadha.
in Pembroke Pines |
The office was quiet and efficient I liked not seeing an assistant or a non MD like my last PCP. They seemed happy to see me.
Hollywood, FL |
I am a former patient of this Doctor and Office. I found the Office to be rude and unprofessional. They could not deal with well with my patient phone calls and problems. They did not respond to a repeated phone request during an entire week. They gave the impression of avoidance, seeming to not want to have patients with individual issues or problems. The Doctor might be a good and nice person, and a quality Physician, but the Office should be avoided.
in Miami, Florida |
Mi nombre es Janeth Castellanos, Naci y creci en Bogota (Colombia) . Soy afourtunada por conocer al Dr. Pevner, vivo en los Estados Unidos por 16 anos y el siempre ha sido mi medico. Es un excelente doctor, amable, amigable y escucha con paciencia a sus pacientes. Lo mas importante para mi es que las personas que trabajan alli hablan espanol. Son personas muy amables y siempre tienen una sonrisa en sus caras; el idioma no es una barrera para poder expresar mis ideas y me siento muy comoda.
Hollywood, FL |
This was my fourth visit to the office each time the staff has been very friendly. There was a very nice Spanish translator in the office helping some of the patients. The doctor ordered laboratory testing and X-rays which were handled immediately. I found the experience very seem less and easy. I will be going back to the office because I was giving a guaranteed follow up appointment. They were very organized. I liked pilar and Milagros the twins who work in the office.
in Aventura, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Pevner for over 20 years. During that time, I’ve had many opportunities to see how he interacts with his patients. He knows his patients very well (almost like family) and it’s obvious that I’m just one of his many longstanding patients. I’ve had some major issues in my life with my health, but I’m proud to say that I’m in better shape now than I was 20 years ago. I attribute my physical well being to his expert knowledge of medicine and his caring manner. A+++
in Avon Park, FL |
Dr Pevner decided to stop taking my specific insurance coverage, then gave less than 3 weeks notice (end of the month) for me to find a new PCP to replace his care and services safely. I experienced a medical event during that time & upon calling his office he instructed his staff to tell me to go to an urgent care. This is not the first time he has decided to stop taking my specific health coverage at moments notice. He's done this before. He does not care for his patients well being.
in Hollywood, FL |
IT WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN YEARS, AND I WORK FOR A DOCTORS OFFICE BUT DR PEVNER ITS WELL ABOVE AND BEYOND. THE OFFICE STAFF THE WAITING TIME THE ATTENTION EVERYTHING IS PERFECT.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Pevner gave me personal attention well above and beyond any other primary care doctor I have been to. His office and staff are welcoming and friendly.
in Hollywood, FL |
After visiting Dr Pevner, diagnosed with Bronchitis, and explaining the changes in my health care coverage to receive generic medication the doctor said thank you for telling him of the changes. Next day told my husband, who also came in with Bronchitis, to tell me I was a nice person then two days later I received two letters telling us we could no longer be seen by Dr Pevner. No explanation just a form letter stating after 30 days we would need to find a new Dr.
Have you seen Dr. Barry C. Pevner, MD?
Are you Dr. Barry C. Pevner, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Pevner

• Geriatric Medicine
  • Urgent Care Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Pevner's Board Certifications

Dr. Pevner says..

We treat all adults 18 and above.  My job is to diagnose your problem and then treat the problem or refer You for x-rays, blood testts, MRI, Cat Scan and/or Specialist.

My staff is very stable , including Pilar and Milagros, who both speak native Espanol. They have both been her for 10 Years and are like no other office staff you have ever met.

I have 30 Years experience so I will always have an opinion and a plan for You.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression

Referrals

Ekgs

Ultrasounds

Echocardiograms

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Cardiac Imaging

Hahnemann University Hospital

Completed in 1986

U Of Edinburgh

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Pevner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pevner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pevner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Pevner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Pevner

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Pevner's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Pevner

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Philadelphia