Dr. Barry Malloy, MD

Dr. Barry Malloy, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

The Mission of EYE CONSULTANTS OF PENNSYLVANIA is to deliver the highest quality eye care resulting in the best quality outcomes. We care about our patients and our concern extends beyond the scope of ophthalmology. Our patients are also our friends, our neighbors, and our family. The interest of our patients has the highest priority, all other interests are important, but secondary.

Barry C. Malloy, M.D., one of our three Vitreo-Retinal specialists, received his undergraduate training at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and received his medical degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He completed his medical internship at Berkshire Medical Center and his residency in Ophthalmology was served at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Dr. Malloy completed a Vitreo-Retinal fellowship at the Washington Hospital Center in 1990 and practiced in southeast Massachusetts for the first six years. He came to our practice in 1996 and has continued his career long interest in macular degeneration and diabetic eye disease. Dr. Malloy is experienced in the most current treatments both approved and experimental for diabetic eye disease, macular degeneration and retinal detachment surgery including the use of intraocular injections such as Kenalog, Macugen, Lucentis and Avastin, and surgical tools such as Perfluorocarbon liquids, SF6 and C3F8 gases for complicated retinal detachment repair.

Dr. Malloy's Experience

See how Dr. Malloy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Malloy

Dr. Malloy accepts 36 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Malloy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Malloy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Malloy to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Malloy's Performance
in Temple, PA |
Went to see Dr. Malloy since I was having a problem with my one eye. This was the first time I was ever there. Dr. Malloy was very friendly, professional, and concerned about my problem. He took his time examining my eye and was extremely thorough. I'd definitely recommend him if you are looking for a good eye doctor or if you are considering changing eye doctors.
in Reading, PA |
I have been going to Dr. Malloy for treatment of my diabetic eye problems. He takes the time to explain and review the issues. Treats you like a friend and has a excellent sense of humor. His staff is always pleasant and cooperative, which reflects on his him and his mannerisms.
Coopersburg, PA |
I been going to Dr.Malloy for a few years now and he is very good at what he does. I recommended him to a few of my friends already that asked me who a good eye doctor was in the area.
in Honey Brook,PA |
Being monocular with a prosthesis due to a serious injury, and having had a retinal detachment repaired in the remaining eye I needed a physician with the knowledge and skills to assure that i have good helath in the remaining eye as long as possible. Fortunately I found DR.Malloy, who not only is very competent, but also very caring and understanding of my situation. I get a thorough exam from him yearly and know he is there for me should I ever have any issue with my eye.
in Pottstown, PA |
He was very professional, honest, caring, and attentive. I felt confident with his recomendations.
in Fleetwood, PA |
He is such a proffessional and experienced Retinal Specialist. I highly recommend him.
in Bernville, PA |
Dr. Malloy provides top notch care. He never makes me feel like he is rushing with my care. He explains new procedures & answers all of my questions. Always pleasant, and puts me at ease since day one. As I've been a patient of his since 2012, I have already referred him to many friends.
Have you seen Dr. Barry Malloy, MD?
Are you Dr. Malloy?

Compare Dr. Malloy

Dr. Malloy says...

Dr. Malloy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Malloy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Malloy has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Malloy's Board Certifications

• Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

Washington Hospital Center

Completed in 1990

University Of Massachusetts At Amherst

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Malloy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Malloy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery