Dr. Barry Levine, MD

Addiction Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Levine

Barry L Levine MD

393 Vanadium Rd Ste 309 Pittsburgh, PA 15243

Dr. Barry Levine, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Temple University School Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in addiction psychiatry and psychiatry.

Dr. Levine accepts

Dr. Levine accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Levine treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Levine's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Levine's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Levine

2.9

Dr. Levine?
Dr. Levine's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Barry Levine, MD
I have been a patient of dr.levine’s for years, mostly just out of convenience. Last year he lost his MEDICAL LICENSE for over 3 months and didn’t bother to tell any of his patients. I went to rite aid to refill a script and to my surprise they couldn’t fill it because he LOST HIS MEDICAL LICENCE. This is life sustaining medication that I was in need of. When I finally was able to see him after this whole disaster he acted like it was no big deal and he did nothing wrong
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
Absolutely AWFUL. didnt listen to what I had to say, made me wait over an hour 2/3 times I’ve seen him, made excuses for being late. Absolutely DO NOT recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
I had an extremely disappointing first and follow-up appointment with Dr. Levine. He prescribed me the maximum dose of a medication on the first try and then did not return my calls when I called expressing concern about the side effects, leaving me to begin cutting pills to half my doses. Dr. Levine then suggested that my reaction to the drug might be a totally different undiagnosed disorder rather than admitting to prescribing too high initially.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine is an excellent listener. Treatment becomes a two-way dialogue once you demonstrate the self-awareness to verbalize your feelings. Dr.L does not give up on difficult to treat patients. I know this because I am one of them. Dr. Levine is often behind schedule. He spends the appropriate amount of time with each patient. People in crisis tend not to check their watches. Dr. Levine is WELL worth "the wait". Negative reviews? I doubt they ever showed for their followups....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine is WONDERFUL! I can't understand the negative feedback on here. If he's running behind it's because a patient is in need of more time with him. The last thing this man has ever done is PUSH medicine on me. He may suggest meds & we discuss them to figure out what would be best. And he HAS checked his manual while talking to me - TO MAKE SURE THERE WERE NO DRUG INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDS I TAKE. Isn't that an important quality in a doctor? I think so! He is great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
This person is very lazy & makes you wait a very long time whenever he gets behind schedule. He seems to be unaware of the newer meds and always has to refer to his manual for answers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine has ALWAYS taken time to listen to me and understand my concerns. In between some appointments I have had to speak with him on the phone. Even then he spent a good amount of time listening to me and helping me. I used to see another psychiatrist who was highly rated that wouldn't even allow me to finish a sentence when I tried to tell him how I was feeling. He would cut me off and hand me a script. Dr. Levine has NEVER done that. He always listens. He's great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
He's great if all you want is a prescription and referral to a therapist. If you're looking for someone who actually cares and wants to talk, this is not the person to call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?
Dr Levine is very understanding and kind. He helped so much to get me back on my feet again. I can't thank him enough..It was easy to make appointments and address any issues I was having..Dr Levine is very thorough and knowledgable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Levine, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levine?

• Addiction Psychiatry