Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD

Dr. Kraushaar
Telehealth services available

Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine

408 Airport Executive Park Nanuet, NY 10954

Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Nanuet, NY and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kraushaar has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs, Elbow, and Shoulder/Upper Arm than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and Nyack Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kraushaar to book an appointment.

Dr. Kraushaar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kraushaar

4.4

1.1904761904761905%

Dr. Kraushaar?
  • Office environment (70)
  • Appointment scheduling (68)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (68)
  • Long wait times (43)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (11)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (11)
Dr. Kraushaar performed a bilateral knee replacement, and 2 weeks post op I was walking on my own! He’s an excellent surgeon who doesn’t rush you, and his assistant Andrew is terrific. Highly recommend him!
Kathy G – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Excellent doctor addressed alternative options easy to understand , gracious and knowledgeable.
Richard G. – May 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Was there a few days ago for my 2 wrists and shoulder. Front desk lady was great. The woman who called me in the back room was pleasant. The xray girl Ann Marie was wonderful. So i see Dr. Kraushaar and all he did was give me a cortisone shot in my right wrist. He leaves me hanging with my left wrist and shoulder. No kidding. LOL. I said to him how about some muscle relaxers for my nagging shoulder he said no. So i drove over to CityMD and they gave me a prescription and my shoulder is feeling better already. As for my left wrist I made a appointment with another orthopedic. In my opinion this Dr. Kraushaar was worthless. I call it the way I see it. Also,the checkout girl was horrible. She was a young black girl with a attitude.
Al Guarino – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Barry Kraushaar is a great doctor and diagnostician. During our initial consultation with him he actually took the time from his busy schedule to conduct an extremely comprehensive analysis of the history, symptoms and treatments done before we met with him. My daughter inured her left knee during a soccer tournament – we had seen 13 previous doctors, had 4 MRIs done and not one of them could properly diagnose the issue or figure out how to solve her medical issue. After trying some less invasive options, he successfully performed her knee arthroscopy in December, 2019. Dr. Kraushaar found the issue which could not be detected by an MRI – his in-depth knowledge and vast experience coupled with a great deal of logic and brilliant problem-solving skills is what made the difference in my daughter’s life. After being in pain every day since 6/28/2017, Dr. Kraushaar restored her quality of life which is immeasurable.
Catherine Montgomery – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I slipped on the ice and broke my ankle. Luckily for me when they brought me into the emergency room Dr. K was the orthopedic surgeon on call. He operated on me that night and in 2 days I was back home recuperating. He’s a good surgeon with good bedside manner and he gives his utmost to every patient. In fact I am going back to him for hip replacement surgery this spring.
Kenny D – Nov 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr K was so upfront about what to expect and his sense of humor put me right at ease. Follow up care was exceptional!
Liisa Warren – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar performed anterior total hip replacement for me three months ago. While I had hoped it wouldn't be necessary, an MRI confirmed what Dr. Kraushaar had predicted on my first exam. He was always patient and thorough, answering all of my (many) questions and concerns. His knowledge and skill is outstanding, and his PA's and office staff are professional, knowledgeable and always pleasant in their very busy office! Hip replacement is very common these days, but for the patient, it's still a major undertaking. My husband and I are very pleased with the outcome, and it's because of the care we received during this entire process. I would recommend Dr. Kraushaar without hesitation.
Claudia J. – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar recently performed an anterior hip replacement on me. I can't believe how pain free I was and how quickly I recovered. The anterior approach was definitely the way to go for me. My other hip is about to go and I will look no further than Dr. Kraushaar to help me again.
Larry L. – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I am very happy and appreciative of the care I was given by Dr Kraushaar and his staff.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I recently had knee surgery with Dr. Kraushaar. I found him and his staff very professional. He explained what he was going to do and why in a very clear way. I was able to have the surgery relatively soon after my appointment with him. Surgery was done well for a meniscus tear and recovery very quick. Then had 2 follow up appointments. Overall experience was excellent. My son had 2 ulna surgeries in the past with very favorable outcomes also. I would highly recommend Dr Kraushaar!
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Wonderful doctor, very approachable, knowledgeable, professional. Wound up needing surgery after trying not to need it with his help. Everything he said is exactly what happened. I thought Dr. K was downplaying things and that recovery was going to be bad. I walked out of surgical center on my own, no cane or other support. Pain was manageable but I did have meds to take if necessary. Office visits: Dr. K is very friendly, funny, and makes you feel as though you are of the only importance
Josianne P in Pomona, NY – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar is a very dedicated surgeon who cares about each and every one of his patients. As a PT colleague, I highly trust his skill set and knowledge enough to refer patients confidently. Personally, I trusted his expertise in treating my 91 year old mother-in-law when she fractured her hip. He met us in the ER after office hours and made sure her care was top notch. He loves what he does and it shows through the care he provides!
Tracy U. in none – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar performed surgery on my daughter's torn ACL, meniscus and a bone chip of the knee. It was a tough surgery and was a little more invasive then originally thought. He performed amazingly and my daughter was on her way back. On our followup appointments after surgery, Dr. Kraushaar explained everything very thoroughly and told us what lied ahead. Any questions we had were answered in a professional manner and made us all feel comfortable knowing we made the right decision. Great Dr.
Derek Barbier in New Windsor NY – May 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I went to Dr. Kraushaar with severe knee pain and he treated me with gel shots. The results were miraculous.
Louise Colacino – Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar repaired my hip labral tear this past Winter. This is the first time in a long awhile I am able to move, walk and sleep without almost no pain. I am less than 3 months out and I already feel a world better. Dr. Kraushaar is thorough, accessible and confident. I would recommend him to anyone.
Mary V in New City, NY – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I have been in pain with my hip for 2 1/2 Years. I have seen other orthopedic doctors that diagnosed me with bursitis and was given three cortisone shots within those years that left me swollen and bruised. Finally an MRI was done that showed I had a labrum tear Dr. Kraushaar was referred to me by several people. I am one day post op and in my way to being pain free after years. He is an excellent surgeon and highly recommend him. His staff are wonderful people as well. Thank you all!!!
Elissa Zaccardo in New City ,NY – Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar literally gave me my life back!!! He cured my AVN in my right hip through a total hip replacement. He's a skilled surgeon with a great bedside manner and very attentI've to any questions you might have. I'm 2 months post op and doing great!!!
Lynn M. Zeas in Spring Valley, NY – Feb 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr Kraushaar performed robotic surgery on my partial knee replacement It is amazing how much better I am. I can now go from only walking a block to feeling almost 100%. And he also makes me laugh. I highly recommend him and robotic surgery. Maria Pesin
Jan 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
My mom fell and broke her elbow. Dr. Kraushaar was able to schedule her surgery ASAP. Given her age, we couldn't believe how fast her recovery time was, as she was able to have almost full motion only a month after surgery. He made her feel really comfortable the whole way through! I highly recommend Dr. Kraushaar.
Howie in Airmont, NY – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Staff making the appointment - pleasant and competent! Minimal wait! Arrived for my appointment and Dr. Kraushaar was extremely knowledgeable, professional, caring and knew the exact spot to treat. He was honest about the options and recommendations and made a painful time so much easier. I have witnessed him treat my sister and husband and would highly recommend him to anyone!
Brenda in New York – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kraushaar?

Always aim to focus on the best interest of the patient. Listen and explain. Attempt to customize care to each person's situation. I tend to run late as the morning or evening sessions go on. If a complex case comes by the staff cannot predict that. ...Read more

• Bone & Joint Non-Surgical Orthopedics