Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 58

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Nanuet, NY and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kraushaar has extensive experience in Knee & Lower Limb Surgery and Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Good Samaritan Hospital and Helen Hayes Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD

Dr. Kraushaar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kraushaar

4.4

Hip problem 2nd opinion
6+ Stars! Dr. Kraushaar was very professional, thorough, and explained very clearly what my current situation was.
Olga Bell – May 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I was in need of a partial knee replacement due to arthritis and Dr Kraushaar identified the issue, recommended surgery and did a spectacular job. I'm performing all my regular activities including horseback riding, gardening and yoga. I don't even think about my knee when before the surgery it was a daily struggle. I would recommend this doctor (and do) to anyone in need of a knee replacement.
Kelly Brown – Dec 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Had MRSA staph that was misdiagnosed at hospital. Had many complications. Refused to go to court for compensation. Took 6 years for me to get range of motion. After 14 years still don’t have full range. Would never recommend or go to practice every again
Jul 28, 2021
I'd like to hear more about this. I won't be hard...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar was really thorough. I'm so happy Nicole, my Physical Therapist from IvyRehab, recommended him! He did a ton of special tests and made sure we figured out exactly what was going on with my knee. I would recommend Dr. Kraushaar to anyone! Thanks for taking the time with me and making sure we had a game plan in place to address my knee pain.
Tara – Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I had heard what a great surgeon Dr. K is but he is also a great diagnostician! I went to him for a second opinion after another orthopedist said I needed knee surgery. While removing fluid from my knee he knew something else was going on. He sent me for a couple of tests, including Lyme disease. This turned out to be the problem I had been having for months. Thank you again Dr. Kraushaar! I will be back when my arthritis really needs to be addressed.
Pete- Pear River – May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Great surgeon and lovely person. Who could ask for more??
Lynne – Dec 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. K is amazing... I’m a patient who’s a chicken to the core about needles; the very sight of them makes me skirmished.....today I got not one but two (one in each knee) and I didn’t even feel the pinch on either one.....thanks Dr. K.
Kevin Carroll – Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
A very positive experience- Dr. Kraushaar is an accomplished doctor who remains accessible to his patients, listening attentively and clearly explaining treatment options. Office staff helpful and efficient-no long wait times on hold when calling. Northeast Orthopedics uses a patient portal so you can easily see your past therapies and progress notes. A seamless operation-highly recommended.
Rachel M. – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar performed a bilateral knee replacement, and 2 weeks post op I was walking on my own! He’s an excellent surgeon who doesn’t rush you, and his assistant Andrew is terrific. Highly recommend him!
Kathy G – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Excellent doctor addressed alternative options easy to understand , gracious and knowledgeable.
Richard G. – May 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Was there a few days ago for my 2 wrists and shoulder. Front desk lady was great. The woman who called me in the back room was pleasant. The xray girl Ann Marie was wonderful. So i see Dr. Kraushaar and all he did was give me a cortisone shot in my right wrist. He leaves me hanging with my left wrist and shoulder. No kidding. LOL. I said to him how about some muscle relaxers for my nagging shoulder he said no. So i drove over to CityMD and they gave me a prescription and my shoulder is feeling better already. As for my left wrist I made a appointment with another orthopedic. In my opinion this Dr. Kraushaar was worthless. I call it the way I see it. Also,the checkout girl was horrible. She was a young black girl with a attitude.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Al Guarino – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Barry Kraushaar is a great doctor and diagnostician. During our initial consultation with him he actually took the time from his busy schedule to conduct an extremely comprehensive analysis of the history, symptoms and treatments done before we met with him. My daughter inured her left knee during a soccer tournament – we had seen 13 previous doctors, had 4 MRIs done and not one of them could properly diagnose the issue or figure out how to solve her medical issue. After trying some less invasive options, he successfully performed her knee arthroscopy in December, 2019. Dr. Kraushaar found the issue which could not be detected by an MRI – his in-depth knowledge and vast experience coupled with a great deal of logic and brilliant problem-solving skills is what made the difference in my daughter’s life. After being in pain every day since 6/28/2017, Dr. Kraushaar restored her quality of life which is immeasurable.
Catherine Montgomery – Feb 26, 2020
Catherine, Thank you for the very nice...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I slipped on the ice and broke my ankle. Luckily for me when they brought me into the emergency room Dr. K was the orthopedic surgeon on call. He operated on me that night and in 2 days I was back home recuperating. He’s a good surgeon with good bedside manner and he gives his utmost to every patient. In fact I am going back to him for hip replacement surgery this spring.
Kenny D – Nov 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr K was so upfront about what to expect and his sense of humor put me right at ease. Follow up care was exceptional!
Liisa Warren – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar performed anterior total hip replacement for me three months ago. While I had hoped it wouldn't be necessary, an MRI confirmed what Dr. Kraushaar had predicted on my first exam. He was always patient and thorough, answering all of my (many) questions and concerns. His knowledge and skill is outstanding, and his PA's and office staff are professional, knowledgeable and always pleasant in their very busy office! Hip replacement is very common these days, but for the patient, it's still a major undertaking. My husband and I are very pleased with the outcome, and it's because of the care we received during this entire process. I would recommend Dr. Kraushaar without hesitation.
Claudia J. – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar recently performed an anterior hip replacement on me. I can't believe how pain free I was and how quickly I recovered. The anterior approach was definitely the way to go for me. My other hip is about to go and I will look no further than Dr. Kraushaar to help me again.
Larry L. – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I am very happy and appreciative of the care I was given by Dr Kraushaar and his staff.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
I recently had knee surgery with Dr. Kraushaar. I found him and his staff very professional. He explained what he was going to do and why in a very clear way. I was able to have the surgery relatively soon after my appointment with him. Surgery was done well for a meniscus tear and recovery very quick. Then had 2 follow up appointments. Overall experience was excellent. My son had 2 ulna surgeries in the past with very favorable outcomes also. I would highly recommend Dr Kraushaar!
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Wonderful doctor, very approachable, knowledgeable, professional. Wound up needing surgery after trying not to need it with his help. Everything he said is exactly what happened. I thought Dr. K was downplaying things and that recovery was going to be bad. I walked out of surgical center on my own, no cane or other support. Pain was manageable but I did have meds to take if necessary. Office visits: Dr. K is very friendly, funny, and makes you feel as though you are of the only importance
Josianne P in Pomona, NY – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?
Dr. Kraushaar is a very dedicated surgeon who cares about each and every one of his patients. As a PT colleague, I highly trust his skill set and knowledge enough to refer patients confidently. Personally, I trusted his expertise in treating my 91 year old mother-in-law when she fractured her hip. He met us in the ER after office hours and made sure her care was top notch. He loves what he does and it shows through the care he provides!
Tracy U. in none – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kraushaar?

Always aim to focus on the best interest of the patient. Listen and explain. Attempt to customize care to each person's situation. I tend to run late as...Read more

I am proud to be a versatile Orthopedic Surgeon with over 20 years experience in practice.  My training includes years of trauma and general Orthopedics,...Read more

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

1990
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
1986
Colgate University

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD?

What other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists.

Does Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD accept any insurance plans?

What are Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Kraushaar specializes in Knee & Lower Limb Surgery and Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD treat?

Dr. Kraushaar frequently treats the following conditions: Joint Pain, Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear), and Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD's office address?

Dr. Kraushaar's office is located at 408 Airport Executive Park, Nanuet, NY 10954. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages is Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD fluent in?

Dr. Kraushaar is able to speak Spanish and English. View profile to see all.

Is Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD able to provide telehealth services?

Dr. Kraushaar provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.

Is Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital and Helen Hayes Hospital.

Is Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD a board-certified professional?

Yes, Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD holds board certifications in Orthopedic Surgery.

How much experience does Dr. Barry Kraushaar, MD have?

Dr. Kraushaar has over 32 years of healthcare experience.

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kraushaar

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kraushaar treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kraushaar treats other conditions, please contact the office at (845) 425-0555.

Knee & Lower Limb Surgery

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee & Lower Limb Surgery specialists.

Dr. Kraushaar is experienced in the area of Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 30 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery specialists.

Dr. Kraushaar is experienced in the area of Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 22 conditions and procedures

• Bennett's Fracture
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • De Quervain's Release
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fat Embolism
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • McMurray's Test
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprains and Tears
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Musculoskeletal Disorders
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Sports Injuries of the Knee
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Kraushaar accepts

Dr. Kraushaar accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Oxford Health Plans
Special Needs Plan
Special Needs Plan SNP

Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine

Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine408 Airport Executive Park Nanuet, NY 10954

Dr. Kraushaar is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Good Samaritan Hospital

Suffern, NY

63% Patients that would definitely recommend, 7% lower than the national average

8 Awards Received

Helen Hayes Hospital

West Haverstraw, NY

Nyack Hospital

Nyack, NY

55% Patients that would definitely recommend, 15% lower than the national average

1 Award Received