Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Barry Kenneally, MD
Dr. Barry Kenneally is a nonsurgical sports medicine physician who treats a wide variety orthopedic problems in athletes and non-athletes as well as patients with non-operative orthopedic oncologic conditions. He is from the area and enjoys providing care to his fellow native Philadelphians. He is board certified in nonsurgical sports medicine and family medicine. He works with numerous athletes and teams in the area to treat sports injuries and help them to compete. He also treats many former athletes and non-athletes who have more chronic conditions. Dr. Kenneally is involved in writing articles and textbooks in sports medicine and also lectures on various topics in the field. Dr. Kenneally serves as an assistant Team Physician for the Philadelphia 76ers.

925 Chestnut St Fl 5

Philadelphia, PA 19107

Dr. Barry Kenneally, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Kenneally

Sports Medicine is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries due to athletic activity. Many of these disorders are treated with arthroscopic surgery, a minimally invasive surgical method that utilizes a camera to look inside a joint and specialized instruments to carry out any necessary surgery in that joint. The practice of sports medicine is a team approach with input from orthopaedic surgeon, non-surgical sports specialists, rehabilitation specialist, athletic trainer, and physical therapist. The internationally recognized Sports Medicine Center at the Rothman Institute is one of the world?s most trusted practices for the treatment of sports related injuries. Pioneers of advanced surgical equipment and innovative surgical techniques, our specialists evaluate over 40,000 sports injuries and perform more than 3,000 sports surgeries for athletes of all levels per year.

Dr. Kenneally's Experience

Dr. Kenneally's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• St. Joseph's University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Bryn Mawr Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Primary Care, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kenneally has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kenneally does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kenneally and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kenneally's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kenneally to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Kenneally's Performance
Westmont, NJ |
While awaiting a potentially serious diagnosis, I was very worried. Late on a Friday afternoon, Dr.Kenneally reached out to me, via a secure server, to tell me that his team had met and that he had good news which he wanted to convey to me as soon as possible. What an incredible relief to get that news when I did and I am grateful for his sensitivity in reaching out to me as quickly as he did and in the manner that he did.
in Chester township |
I don't know what I would have done without Dr. Kenneally! Not only is he a wonderful doctor but he is also a friend. He has always made me feel comfortable and he always listens to me. No matter how crazy I know I may seem he's always patient and never rushed! He treats myself and my sister who had cancer and he was so caring during that time. You have no idea how I appreciate his calming peaceful demeanor. I joke that he can give you the worst news and you'd never know it! LOL He's my Fav!!!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I have seen Dr.Kenneally for a few years now , He is friendly, professional, knowledgeable, funny and a good doctor. The advice I have received from him has helped me with my chronic conditions has helped me make my medical decisions, any questions I have are answered in plain English not medical speak. I needed a ankle doctor and asked him he went out of his way to help find one. I have recommend several people to see him and every one liked him.
Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent, caring physician. Doesn't rush & answers all questions.
in Forked River, NJ |
Terrible experience! Told my husband he had cancer while husband was driving in truck. Instructed him to seek immediate help! Go to local hospital & find a dr. Meanwhile telling me & my husband every test before bone biopsy was clear! ALL LIES! When I called him the next day he could not even tell me what stage. I work at a Dermatologist office & by report my doctor knew! Without being an oncologist! This guy SUCKS!!!!!! NO COMPASSION AT ALL!!! STAY AWAY. u HAVE BEEN WARNED! RUN & FA
Dear Vicki, We would love the chance to speak with you directly to discuss the details of your experience. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in Philadelphia, PA |
Injections of steroid for hip pain relief, administered by Dr. Kenneally in his office, were effective for only a few hours, whereas injections of the same medication by previous doctors within the past six months delivered considerable relief for OVER A MONTH. The former injections were made by doctors who were different from the prescribing doctor. The same prescribing doctor wrote the script I gave to Dr. Kenneally. The hip has had the condition for over five years.
in philadelphia pa |
I have been seeing Dr. Kenneally for a few years with various sports injuries. I like him very much, he is kind, caring and wants the best for his patients. I trust him with my health and I value his advice, he has helped me a lot with arthritis in my knees and I think Dr. Kenneally is a great doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Barry Kenneally, MD?

Visit Dr. Kenneally

Dr. Kenneally accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Kenneally has admitting privileges