Family Medicine  |
Dr. Barry Katz, MD
Dr. Barry Katz, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Summerville, SC. He is 49 years old. Dr. Katz is affiliated with Roper St. Francis Healthcare - Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital, Mount Pleasant Hospital and Roper Hospital.

Roper St. Francis Physician Partners - Primary Care

412 N Gum St

Summerville, SC 29483

Dr. Barry Katz, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Katz

I grew up in Johannesburg, South Africa. I immigrated to the US with my family after I graduated high school. I attended medical school and completed my residency at MUSC. I lead a very active lifestyle with my family playing tennis and riding my bike. I believe in healthy living. How you live your life today will affect how you feel now and years in the future.

Dr. Katz's Experience

Dr. Katz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Joint Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Medical University Of South Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Med

Dr. Katz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Katz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Katz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katz to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Katz's Performance
Summerville, SC |
Dr. Katz is a wonderful doctor. He actually takes time to talk to you and listens, instead of rushing you in and out or making you feel like you're holding him up if you speak. He also has an excellent sense of humor.
Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! I'll be sure to share with Dr. Katz.
in North Charleston, SC |
Dr. Katz is a fantastic physician! Our family has been going to him for 10 years. He is always kind and has a wonderful sense of humor (dry as it may be :) My only issue is the front desk. There is a certain employee that makes me feel that I am a nuisance when I walk in. Thank goodness she isn't always there, but recently I was treated as if my presence was distasteful to her. This is a recent occurrence. In all the years before the staff were all pleasant and professional.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Katz has been my physician for several years. He listens and allows me to participate in determining the best treatment options for every situation. He offers advice on treating and improving underlying causes of medical problems, not just prescriptions that only manage symptoms.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr.Katz is one of the most professional & well educated Drs I have ever used since moving to SC 22 yrs ago. He has been my Dr for several years now & is one of the few who actually keep up on current treatments. It is a great comfort to know he is my Doctor & my 15 yr old son's Dr as well. And he actually cares about his patients. He takes the time to get to know you & actually listens to you. A rare thing these days. He's the best!
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Katz is a caring and very professional. He always listen to what ever questions and input i give and explains every little detail that is going on during the appointment. The best doctor i have have been to! Would recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor.
Summerville, SC |
It usually takes one hour of waiting for a 15 minute visit. Way too many patients, too little staff.
Have you seen Dr. Barry Katz, MD?

See our Family Medicine Specialist at Trident Health System - Summerville Medical Center

Visit Dr. Katz

Dr. Katz accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Katz has admitting privileges