Dr. Barry Katz, MD

Dr. Barry Katz, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Barry Katz, MD is a family medicine specialist in Summerville, SC. He graduated from Medical University of South Carolina and specializes in family medicine.

412 N Gum St

Summerville, SC 29483

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Katz

Dr. Katz's Experience

Dr. Katz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Katz "I grew up in Johannesburg, South Africa. I immigrated to the US with my family after I graduated high school. I attended medical school and completed my residency at MUSC. I lead a very active lifestyle with my family playing tennis and riding my bike. I believe in healthy living. How you live your life today will affect how you feel now and years in the future."

• Family Practice

• Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Medical University of South Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Medical University of South Carolina College of Med

Dr. Katz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Katz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Katz's Reviews

3.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katz to family and friends

Dr. Katz's Performance

Dr. Katz is a very kind & caring doctor. One who takes plenty of time with you and doesn’t cause you to feel rushed. Most importantly to me...he listens to you. What I suffered with was complicated & he was determined to find the cause. He was successful and I’m very grateful to him for my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi Teresa, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

I love Dr. Katz! He is very attentive to your health concerns. I love that he is a Professional like myself but still has a bit of a sense of humor. Look at his Socks on your next visit! We have that in common, We love crazy socks!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Dr. Katz! I'll be sure to share it with him. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Dr. Katz is a wonderful doctor. He actually takes time to talk to you and listens, instead of rushing you in and out or making you feel like you're holding him up if you speak. He also has an excellent sense of humor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! I'll be sure to share with Dr. Katz.

Dr. Katz is a fantastic physician! Our family has been going to him for 10 years. He is always kind and has a wonderful sense of humor (dry as it may be :) My only issue is the front desk. There is a certain employee that makes me feel that I am a nuisance when I walk in. Thank goodness she...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Katz has been my physician for several years. He listens and allows me to participate in determining the best treatment options for every situation. He offers advice on treating and improving underlying causes of medical problems, not just prescriptions that only manage symptoms.