Dr. Barry Kaplan, MD

Dr. Barry Kaplan, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Barry Kaplan, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Ocala, FL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Kaplan is affiliated with West Marion Community Hospital, Ocala Regional Medical Center and Munroe Regional Medical Center.

Learn about Dr. Kaplan

Improving the quality of life, specializing in the treatment of diseases in the brain and spine.

Dr. Kaplan's Experience

Dr. Kaplan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Meningiomas
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Florida

Dr. Kaplan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kaplan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaplan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaplan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaplan to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Kaplan's Performance
in Ocala, FL |
If you are looking for a doctor in this field, look no more. Dr. Kaplan is the best. He was my Neuro Surgeon for the removal of a brain tumor and 18 months later did minimally invasive lumbar surgery. For both procedures I had the best possible outcome. His staff are friendly, thorough and very courteous. His PA Ashley is like no other. Dr. Kaplan and his staff have been a true blessing to me. I highly recommend him.
in Lecanto, FL |
Although my particular back Problem was determined to not benefit from surgery, my friend and my son were both restored to their energetic lifestyles after Dr Kaplan performed a quick and life- changing surgery on their backs.. I will be eternally grateful.
in summerfield |
felt very comfortable with dr. kaplan and he comes across as very trustworthy.
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr Kaplan was very thorough and compassionate. I would highly recommend him.
The Villages, FL |
He is such a pleasant person and so very caring.
in Ocala, FL |
After surgery I was feeling worse then before I had the surgery. I had a follow up visit and told there could be issues regarding what was done. I was given some new medication to alleviate the problem. So far it has been working. Have to be patient. Would highly recommend D. Kaplan and his office. Very Professional.
in Ocala, Florida |
Dr. Kaplan and his staff took fabulous care of me - pre and post op! Dr. Kaplan fused 3 vertebrae and fixed the spinal stenosis that has plagued me for years! I feel wonderful - 3 weeks post-op. Thanks to Dr. Kaplan and his entire staff!
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Kaplan is an excellent neurosurgeon. I am blessed to have been able to see him as well as Ashley Davis, PA, a formidable surgical team. This surgeon is very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate to your needs. I have no reservations in recommending Dr. Kaplan to others. .
in Inverness, FL |
Dr. Kaplan and his staff are very courteous and helpful. Dr. Kaplan takes his time with you answers all questions you may have. His office is like a well oiled machine.
in Ocala, FL |
Very positive environment, from front office to Dr. Kaplan's follow through! Dr. Kaplan explains simply and thoroughly. He allows time so the patient can ask follow up questions and completely understand what the options are. A comfortable experience!
in Lady Lake, FL |
DR KAPLAN WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME BY FRIEND WHO IS NURSE PRACTITONER IN VILLAGES.I HAVE BEEN SEEING HIM FOR COUPLE OF YEARS .HE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND EXPLAINS TO BOTH MY HUSBAND & I AND SHOWING US MRI OR ANY TESTS . RESULTS ,HE ALWAYS SMILES AND MAKES ME THE PATIENT VERY AT EASE AS HE TALKS . I WOULD NOT GO TO ANY OTHER NEUROLOGIST .
in The Villages, FL |
My experience was great, everyone on the staff friendly and courteous. Dr. Kaplan was precise, friendly and very professional. Glad to be a patient there.
in Ocala Florida |
Amazing staff there the best I've encountered. Appointments honored on times.
in Ocala, FL |
This was my first time ever going to a doctor's office and the whole staff are in one accord and are HAPPY!!! There are timely, patient, and knowledgeable. Great office!! One of a kind.
in Ocala, FL |
I met Dr Kaplan about a week ago and found him comforting and very easy to talk to. I've had problems with my back and Dr Kaplan, after reading my MRI explained the options that I had. He explained exactly what the surgical procedure would entail and the percentages of a full recovery. I could not have been happier. I look forward to my surgery and the prospect of living an active and productive life afterwards. I know I am in great hands with Dr Kaplan.
in Ocala, FL |
The entire team is efficient, friendly and makes a very difficult experience a lot easier to handle. Melissa, Jackie, and the ladies up front do a fantastic job, Julie and Ashley make sure that the details healthcare and treatment are spot on. Dr. Kaplan is one of the most personable and friendly neurosurgeons you could pray for. Without him, I simply would not be able to walk. He performed my 6th and 7th surgeries precisely as described giving me hope. I recommend him above others. Thanks, Doc!
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Kaplan helped me stay active 9 years ago when others told me "pain management" is the only option. And, here we are 9 years later with a similar issue and others told me "forget a physically active life, play board games"! Not Dr. Kaplan, he says I think we can fix that! I would recommend him in the highest manner!
in Port Orange, FL |
So many physicians are in a lucrative practice, take less time with patients than they do when buying their new car or choosing a restaurant, but Barry Kaplan is totally different. Because we underestimated the distance to the office, we were 40 minutes late. In lieu of making us reschedule, he took us in, sat down, immediately de-tressed the situation and focused on my needs. He explained the issues, offered alternatives, and once I decided to go ahead, things were handled easily.
in The Villages, FL |
When I went to see Dr. Kaplan I was in a lot of pain and having 4 to 5 Migraine Headaches a day from a work accident. when worker's comp set me up with an appointment with Dr. Kaplan it was the best thing that could have happened. Today you don't want just any surgeon working on your neck Dr. Kaplan is probably the best surgeon I have meant and I have had three lower back surgery's from some good doctors. I would recommend if you have a problem Dr. Kaplan Is the best. William Bush
in Lady Lake, FL |
I found Dr. Kaplan to be a very caring and professional surgeon. I f surgery is needed he will be my Dr.
in Ocala,Florida 34481 |
I found Dr. Kaplan a very nice Doctor to talk to and he does take the time to explain to you what is going on. I was so happy when I make my appointment that I was seeing a Doctor. Because I ask and that is who I seen. Not some one else.
in Wildwood, FL |
Dr.Kaplan is very thorough and takes plenty of time to explain things to you.
in Summerfield, FL |
Professional and caring are the two words that best describe Dr. Kaplan's practice. Every person I came in contact with gave their utmost to ensure that I received the best care possible.
in Ocala, FL |
The quality of Dr. Kaplan’s practice is impressive and professional. It is evident his employees have your best interests as their priority. Their concern regarding your well being and time constraints is paramount. This behavior carries through the actual appointment and is continually exhibited by all involved. Dr. Kaplan is extremely precise and informative regarding your health issues, diagnosis and procedural plan. The medical professional staff are exceptionally well educated.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Dr Kaplan was very understanding of my concerns and used all his expertise and contacts to get me relief that you could imagine. His staff went well above what may have been the expected and the surgery was completed without a flaw. I was first up in the rotation for that day and was up and walking the halls before 2:00pm. The progress has been steady and uneventful except that all my pain and muscle problems are gone. Cannot thank Dr Kaplan enough.
in The Villages,Fl. |
All I can say for myself and my wife is that I have been greatly helped by the Doctor and his staff. I came to him for my lower back and not being able to walk very well. By having me walk across the room he was able to tell what the problem was and had me in for surgery in two weeks and repaired the problem and I'am on the road to being well again. I only wish I had come to him in Oct. and had to wait seven months to be better again.
Altoona, FL |
Excellent surgeon. Cant say the same about those neurosurgeons covering for him when he is gone. He did my surgery several years ago and am pain free after the auto accident I was in. Would recommend him without reservation.
in Summerfield, FL |
I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Kaplan. I appreciated the time he took to explain things to me in terms l could understand and he answered all my questions completely. I had no problems after my surgery. The staff at his office was extremely helpful and friendly and very patient orientated. I would not hesitate to return there if needed.
in FRUITLAND PARK |
I really love the facility, the staff, and the Dr
in Leesburg, FL |
I can find nothing to say that is less than satisfactory about the staff, the facility or the doctor. I was very pleased with the ability to get an appointment quickly; things were explained fully so that I had a good command of my situation; and I will undergo surgery with Dr. Kaplan in a few days with an ease of my fears. Thank you, all.
in Dunnellon, fl |
After more of than 5 months of pain management for my neck I was referred to Dr. Kaplan for possible surgery. I was intent on getting two opinions, however after the meeting with Dr. Kaplan, I knew he was the doctor for me. He has excellent "bedside manner" and went over my MRI with me and thoroughly described what the surgery entailed. I knew then that this was the doctor for me! My surgery was scheduled for less than a week, now five days after surgery my neck is pain free!!
in The Villages, Florida |
I Only saw him once. Would rather do a review after my surgery. He was very nice, explained my MRI etc., was not pushy at all about me having surgery.
Lady Lake, FL |
Dr Kaplan is an outstanding surgeon. In addition he spent time with me in his office explaining my issues to me & answering all of my questions. His entire staff is very professional & courteous. Hi PA, Ashley is dedicated to her patients. I was told to use a neurosurgeon for my back operation rather than an orthopedic surgeon. I'm glad I took that advice & even happier I found Dr. Kaplan.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Extremely abrupt attitude. Spent approximately 3 minutes with me. Did not go over CAT scan with me. This was for a 'second opinion'. Very rude in my opinion. No, with injuries/neuro illness, there should be quality explanation, go over CAT/MRI/Tests with a patient. This is a serious problem that people go to see him, not a sore throat! Would not recommend. Go to a different city if need be. If I could have given less than one star in particular areas I would have.
in Summerfield Fl |
Dr Kaplan gave me life back. Also, is very knowledgeable, takes time to explain what is happening with your situation and what he is doing in surgery. I cannot say enough about all of the staff, especially Jackie.
in Dunnellon,Fl. |
Dr. Kaplan and his team did an excellent job. Dr. Kaplan performed fusion surgery one year ago and I am pain free along with doing all my normal activities including sports.
in Gainesville, FL |
The only reason I did not give a 5 start is.....I called back to speak to Jackie about surgery and ask question. When I asked to speak to Jackie, I felt like I was being interrogated. And that I do not like from anyone. So will be reconsidering having the surgery recommended to me.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Kaplan explained in layman terms what is wrong and what can be done to help my condition. I am positive he is the right Doctor to perform the spinal fusion needed to get me back on the road to recovery, after years of pain.
in oxford fl |
Dr kaplan is caring knowledgeable compantant precise everything you dream of in a neurosurgeon!! Excellent bedside manner cares for the patient from start to finnish
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Kaplan is a GREAT Surgeon. I trust his ability completely. He did an amazing job with my procedures (I've had 2 with him. Neck and low back) He has also done surgery on several people I know. I admit he doesn't spend a lot of time, but I think it's because he's been doing it for so long. With that said, I believe he is absolutely the most skilled surgeon in the area. I know a neighbor who is a snowbird, she waited months to have surgery here in Florida with him and is very glad she did.
in Ocala, FL |
When I was needing to see a neurosurgeon Ocala many of my friends told me about how good their experience with Dr. Kaplan. I decided that if I had a choice he would be my first choice. I was delighted when my regular physician said that this was who she was referring me to! He is all the good things that I've heard about him and even more! His staff members are also excellent!
Have you seen Dr. Barry Kaplan, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaplan?

Visit Dr. Kaplan

Dr. Kaplan accepts 22 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Choice

Ocala, FL 34474
Munroe Regional Medical Center
1500 SW 1st Ave
Ocala, FL 34471

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Kaplan at Ocala Health Neurosurgical Group

Neurosurgery Specialist