Dr. Barry Jacobs, MD

Practices Ear, Nose, and Throat

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 27 reviews.
Author:
We have recommended Dr Jacobs several times. Dr Jacobs always listens and spends the appropriate amount of with each patient. If we have to wait beyond our scheduled appointment to see him we understand that he is taking time to listen to other patients health issues as we know he does with us. Dr Jacobs is worth the wait. He's personable, courteous, knowledgeable, and a true professional.
Author:
He was running late and I had rushed visit... will not go back
Author:
Excellent! Kind, patient and knowledgeable. Highly recommend!!
Author:
I found Dr. Jacobs to be attentive, unhurried, clear, direct, patient, and understandable throughout my office visit. The experience left me both relaxed and hopeful.
Author:
Love Dr.Jacobs! He was amazing with my 2.5yr old and was super realistic about treatments for his chronic ear infections. Not a long wait time at all and everyone was super friendly and made my son feel comfortable. Would most definitely recommend physician/office!
Author:
I don’t particularly enjoy having ear wax removal done; however with Dr Jacobs it’s almost painless. He is gentle, compassionate and really just the very BEST. I highly recommend him and have done so.
Author:
We have been patients of Dr. Jacobs for several years and have always received the most professional treatment with all office personnel, from the front desk to our dismissal. However, as we are aging our medical needs have increased as well as the information & attention we now need. During our last visit, we saw both Dr. Jacobs, whom we hold in high regard, as well as P.A. Kimberly Brown & Audiologist, Cindy, all were very informative, caring Professionals. Really a stellar visit!
Author:
I will never bring my young son back to this practice. My son was scared to have his ears cleaned, which I explained up front. He was rude and condescending to my son and seemed like he was a in a big rush to get out of there. Awful experience - do not recommend him in any way.
Author:
I would not recommend. Dr ordered tests for you child that were not explained to me in office, one included anesthesia!!! Called for questions and staff and dr. Barry were rude. He acted as if he was bothered to call back. The procedure with anesthesia was not even needed, and would have exposed child to unnecessary risks. After I took child to mass eye and ear, everything was straightened out. Also got billed cancellation fee for followup even though called to cancel.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Jacobs for 25 years. No matter how busy he was I have always found him to be patient and willing to listen as well as kind and compassionate. Over the years I have had a few issues and Dr. Jacobs was able to put my mind at rest as he explained exactly what was going on and what needed to be done. I have recommended him to many people and all were happy with the care they received. Although the waiting time can be awhile, Dr. Jacobs is definitely worth the wait.
Author:
Dr Jacobs injected Botox into my vocal cords for a condition I have. Once I went home the evening of the operation I had to go to the emergency room for trouble breathing and had respitory failure. Lucky to be a live thankfully to the doctors in the emergency room. Be careful with Dr Jacobs
Author:
Dr. Jacobs is very personable along with being highly professional and knowledgeable
Author:
After months of a deep cough, and seeing four other specialists and having x-rays and trying many different ideas of what this could be, I finally was sent to see Dr. Jacobs and he not only identified the cause of my cough on my first visit but he also prescribed the medicine which stopped the cough very quickly. Needless to say I really love Dr. Jacobs. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
Author:
With his years of ENT experience, Dr. Jacobs was able to diagnosis, treat and manage my significant allergy and asthma issues in a very effective and empathetic way. Prior to treatment, he made calls to another specialist on my behalf to ensure that the recommended allergy treatment wouldn't negatively impact my other ongoing health issue and closely monitors the success of his treatment so that I may enjoy a higher quality of life.
Author:
His staff is extremely rude, even when they are making sure they are collecting your copay!
Author:
He didn't seem to care about my needs as a patient and he was too rushed too listen to what I had to say. He came with high recommendations so we thought he would be great.
Author:
I went to Dr. Jacobs for a sore throat that would not go away in December 2012. Dr. Jacobs examined me and immediately knew I had throat cancer. He informed me of how soon he could do surgery and snapped into action getting my appointments set up with D'amour Cancer Center for all necessary chemo and radiation appointments. I have being seen him for follow up and I would not want to have to see any other dr. Dr. Jacobs you are the BEST!
Author:
If needing a surgery for eartubes or tonsils I would definitley reccomend him, if for anything non-surgical I would not.