Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismMaleAge 81

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has over 57 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from George Washington U, School of Medicine in 1965. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD

OptumCare Cancer Center

2300 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89102

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Check Dr. Gould Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gould Jr's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Gould Jr treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 67% of his peers

Dr. Gould Jr treats this condition more than 67% of his peers

Dr. Gould Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gould Jr

3.1

Dr. Gould Jr

I worked at Dr. Gould’s office for 11 years. The doctor who he replaced, O.C. Olson, M.D. searched for his replacement 3 1/2 years, hiring Dr. Gould whom he considered genius., and that was what he looked for. His bedside manner may not be fabulous but he only tells you 100% truth if you listen and he will help improve your health amazingly. A member of our staff at the time went to him in desperation for a hormone disorder she’d suffered with for 4 years. Within 3 days she was healed after his medicine combination. He won’t coddle anyone but people travelled from everywhere to benefit from his genius. I was thrilled he still practices. He’s probably the best endocrinologist in the world. You are so blessed to have that man. We heard of his miracles for years, quit suffering and see him for true care. He won’t live forever.
Marcia Isakson – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
I would suggest anyone that needed an endocrinologist to see Dr. Gould! Absolutely exceptional! Very calm & did what he needed to do to make sure my diagnosis was accurate! He was very thorough with his explanations & he answered all of not only my questions but my husbands too!! GREAT DOC! ????????
Tawni Levich – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
AVOID THIS CREEP AT ALL COSTS!!! Saw him for the first time for a Diabetes Endo appointment. After questioning me on how I currently manage my diabetes, he would roll his eyes and shake his head. I would try to explain my answers and he would cut me off. He did a physical exam, which I had just done with my general doctor, so I KNOW this was not necessary at all. He had me drink a cup of warm tap water and pushed on my throat when I swallowed to "check my thyroid". I had just done blood work to literally check my thyroid levels. I've had diabetes for a decade and have never had someone choke me to check my thyroid before. Then he needed to check my stomach, and had me lay down on the table. He lifted up my shirt without warning or permission to expose my stomach. My general doctor didn't make me remove any clothing when they did the exact same thing. Why this weirdo needed to see skin is beyond what I can fathom. What year is he practicing medicine in?! I left in tears because I felt s
Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
Dr Gould is lazy, unprepared & blamed me for not doing a study with other Dr before seeing him. My physician said Gould was supposed to recommend a study. He did nothing. Oh, Gould ripped me in his notes to the recommending clinic. So unprofessional. What a jerk.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Paul in Las Vegad, NV – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
I just love Dr.Gould, He tells you like it is,Goes thru everything and makes sure everything is perfect.I was in the hospital for 9 months,No one could help me.I could not even walk.Dr.Gould took me on and my life has been wonderful,He explained everything that was wrong with me Changed all my medication and now I feel GREAT,I still have Addison's (and that will always be) And a few other things.But I can walk and even run now and haven't been back to a hospital in 3 years.My life is good :)
Barbara Tobias in LAS VEGAS, NV – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
Dr.Gould is very knowledgable and helpful. He is also straightforward and a bit gruff, if you can appreciate that then he is your doctor. He treats me for type 2 diabetes and both of our goals are trying to get my sugar levels down and under control. He is very good at what he does. His assistant Marisol is the VERY best, she is very personable and helpful. The front desk assistants are also very nice. I do wish that their waiting area had more pamphlets and information regarding diabetes care.
RK in Henderson, NV – Aug 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
My mother went into A-Fib and CHF after having a thyroidectomy, because Dr. Gould thought it would be a good idea to not check her blood work and double the dose of her thyroid meds which put her into hyperthyroid. Her heart rate hit 200 and her lungs filled up with fluid. The Dr.'s at the hospital were shocked at the dose this incompetent idiot had her at. Very lucky we got her to the hospital when we did. She was admitted into ICU for 3 days.
Las Vegas, NV – Jul 19, 2016
very competent , knowledgeable
Andrew Hangarter in Las Vegas, NV – Jun 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
Had a little wait due to a problem with another patient. He knows his stuff and likes things to be simple. Doesn't beat around the bush, he gets straight to the point, some people may not like that but it didn't bother me. This was my first visit to him and I will going back.
Joseph M in Las Vegas, NV – May 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?
He was absolutely horrible!!! He was rude and nasty!! He literally had me in tears! My daughter was with me and could not believe how mean he was! I actually had to report him to the insurance company!! Worst dr I have ever seen!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
MM in Las Vegas, NV – Dec 23, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Gould Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gould Jr?