Dr. Barry Davis, DO

Dr. Barry Davis, DO

Family Medicine | Male

Northwest Primary Care Group 12360 SE Sunnyside Rd Clackamas, OR 97015 Get Directions

I have always loved making a difference in peoples' lives both by giving direction and by setting a good example of what a healthy lifestyle involves. I lead by example. I work out at the gym daily and often see my patients working out next to me. I rarely use prescription medications. I recommend the same for my patients and only prescribe medication when necessary.

I value listening to my patients' concerns and helping them find solutions to a healthier, happy life. As an alternative to prescription drugs, I suggest complementary medicine and approach everyone's care in a holistic manner to find root causes. I give my patients the tools they need to succeed and encourage everyone to eat healthy meals and stay active.

Science was always an interest of mine and I knew that I wanted to spend my life making a difference. Initially I wanted to be a veterinarian, but I changed my mind because animals bite and are short on conversation! Instead, I decided a Doctor of Osteopathic medicine would be a better fit. I spent my medical school years in Iowa and traveled around the West Coast. After visiting Oregon one summer, my wife and I decided that this was the perfect place to raise our children and I've never looked back. Family medicine was the perfect match offering the diversity of ages and stages that fueled my passion for caring for people. I take care of families from birth to the end of life; often taking care of multigenerational families.

When my career began, I specialized in obstetric care and found delivering babies and caring for new mothers' very rewarding. As life changed, my direction has also changed from new mothers and newborns to the opposite end of life's spectrum. In my practice I am seeing a growing trend in an increase in people caring for their aging parents. My challenge is to try to ease the burden on these caretakers who watch helplessly as this difficult process unfolds and at the same time assist the person with declining health leave their physical body with dignity. I work to ease the burden and promote support by bringing family members together. I am working closely with hospice and will be helping to educate others about this time of life.

Family is important. I grew up in the hustle and bustle of the East Coast with family and extended family all around and listening to my grandmother's favorite Yiddish phrases. We now have 5 children of our own who span a wide range of ages with the typical joys and challenges. My biggest joy is watching families grow and change.

In off hours, you can find me enjoying my family, hikes, and books that give me the opportunity to explore. At some point in my life I would like to travel and spend a few years in Israel as I have done in the past.

Dr. Davis' Experience

See how Dr. Davis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Davis

Dr. Davis accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Davis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davis to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Davis Says:

Thank you for taking the time to answer the patient satisfaction survey.  Your responses help me to be a better partner in your healthcare.

Thank you!

Barry Davis DO

Dr. Davis' Performance
Oregon City, OR |
When my wife asked about a problem, his answer was "you're getting old". This was incorrect. There were issues that another practitioner has addressed since. He seems kind of lazy and doesn't dig deep to find your issue. He is shaking your hand and shuttling you out before all of your concerns have been met. Both of us have moved on to other physicians with much better care. That being said, the clinic itself is fabulous with other great providers.
Portland, OR |
Friendly. Extremely patient focused. Not quick to suggest medication intervention unless absolutely necessary. Great with infants and toddlers. Highly recommend
in Portland, OR |
Every time I've seen him he tries to push the gardasil vaccine on me. It's a controversial vaccine which I feel that I don't need for my body at this time in my life. The last time I saw him he was very arrogant and sarcastic, and acted like I was stupid for not taking the vaccine. He seems to have a god-complex air about him in which he feels like he knows what's best for your body and if you say anything contrary he acts like you're stupid. Make sure you do your research and have a voice.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Davis is a man of action. I always leave my appointment feeling like my concerns have been addressed.
in Oregon City, OR |
Dr. Davis was very condescending and rude to me. I do not necessarily question that he is wise enough to diagnose a virus, however, he spoke in a tone that seemed sexist and as though he did not take me seriously. I have been to many doctors over the years and none have ever asked in a condescending tone if I, even know what 'Sudafed' is for? He did not wash his hands or use hand sanitizer before or after examining me and threw the used instruments towards the sink. I will not be back.
Clackamas, Or |
He did not do a thourough exam and based his diagnosis on old tests results ans was unwilling to perform any further tests. He did not take my concerns seriously.
Have you seen Dr. Barry Davis, DO?
Are you Dr. Davis?

Compare Dr. Davis

}

Dr. Davis says...

Dr. Davis' Care Philosophy

Dr. Davis says...

Thank you!

Barry Davis DO

Dr. Davis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Davis has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Davis' Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Endometriosis
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Franklin Square hospital Center

Completed in 1993

University of Massachusetts

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Davis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hospice & Palliative Medicine