Dr. Barry Concool, MD

40 reviews

• AARP
  • American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Health Net
  • HealthPlus

The joy of being an eye surgeon comes not only from skills in the operating room but also in understanding each patient as an individual. The smile that comes the day after surgery says it all.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Concool's Experience

See how Dr. Concool's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Concool

Dr. Concool accepts 33 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Concool has admitting privileges.

Dr. Concool's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Concool to family and friends
Dr. Concool's Performance
in Pensacola, FL |
Having Dr. Concool perform my Lasik was the best choice I have ever made. Not even one day after my procedure and I can read one line above 20/20 vision! It hasn't even been a day and I have 20/15 vision! I can't express how amazing it was on the day of the procedure, after I took my nap I could see my son almost perfectly clear. I have already recommended Dr. Concool to multiple friends and family members. He did such a fantastic job. Such a great Doctor and the office staff is great!
in Pensacola, FL |
I turn 40 this year and wanted lasik. I heard Dr. Concool is the best so I scheduled an appt. I walked into his office with bad vision, but Dr. Concool's knowledge and experience were easy to see. He earned my trust quickly. He explained every step. In under 10 minutes, Dr. Concool did lasik in both eyes. I just had to show up, he did the rest. I went home, napped, when I woke I could see! 20/15 vision the next day! My kids no longer watch me struggle with contacts! He truly changed my life!
in pensacola, fl |
Dr. Concool is not only an excellent eye specialist, but his dedication to his clients in ensuring they not only receive the very best care, but his diligence in seeing me for each day after my surgery for several days and then following up with me continuously to ensure my healing was on course.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Concool is not only an expert in his field, but he genuinely cares about his patients. After surgery, he wanted to see me each day for several days, including coming in on Saturday. He is on call to his surgery patients. He explains details before, during and after surgery extremely well. I went to the location on Davis Highway.
in Navarre, FL |
Dr.Concool is a gifted surgeon,with a wonderful bedside manner. He took the time to resolve my concerns,and I had many. I would and have recommend him to others.Thank you Doctor.
in Milton, FL |
Very professional staff and Dr Concool is very clear about the procedure, expected outcomes and long term care.
Have you seen Dr. Barry Concool, MD?

Dr. Concool says...

Dr. Barry Concool is an award winning, expert in Laser Cataract surgery and LASIK. He was selected as one of the only two residents in the USA to receive the prestigious fellowship of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. Dr. Concool has also been selected as one of the Top 5 Surgeons in the US by LaserVision twice! He has performed thousands of LASIK procedures and is a recipient of the Visx Star award. As an expert in the field of bladeless LASIK, he trained and credentialed fellow surgeons in using the Intralase laser.

Dr. Concool's Care Philosophy

Dr. Concool says...

We use the most advanced Laser technology to bring your vision into focus. We at Panhandle Laser Vision Institute are committed to giving you the one thing you've longed for – visual freedom. We can accomplish this through a variety of state-of-the-art eye surgery procedures, including Bladeless, All-Laser LASIK and Laser Cataract Surgery. When you trust Dr. Concool with your vision, as so many thousands of patients have done, you will receive the best treatment along the Gulf Coast.

Dr. Concool says...

I am fortunate to have been among the first eye surgeons in the Nation to perform refractive laser surgery which eventually has evolved into LASIK and bladeless cataract surgery using femtosecond lasers.

I teach and credential other surgeons in these methods and was fortunate to be named among the top five surgeons nationally  in two recent years by Surgivision which is now known as Sightpath.

Although we still perform so called standard surgeries our expertise in lasers affords our patients the opportunity to have the advantages of the latest technology.

Every surgical patient is personally evaluated by myself and every patient receives my cell phone number.

Dr. Concool's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Concool has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Concool's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Astigmatism
  • Blepharitis
  • Blurred Vision
  • Cataract
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

American Soc Cat Refract Surgery

Completed in 1984

Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons

Graduated in 1975

Dr. Concool does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Concool and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology