Dr. Barry Concool, MD

Optometry •  Male • Age 67

Dr. Concool

Clarkson Eye Care - Nine mile

5101 N Davis Hwy Ste B Pensacola, FL 32503

Dr. Barry Concool, MD is an optometrist in Pensacola, FL and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University in 1979 and specializes in optometry.

Dr. Concool's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Concool

Dr. Concool?
Dr. Concool's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Barry Concool, MD
He is a self centered male chauvinist who gets pleasure out of humiliating people. I will never go back to him nor will I recommend him to anyone. I WILL tell everyone I know of my experience and advice them NOT to go to him.
S. Rice – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Concool and his staff. The process was effortless and flowed seamlessly. I had a consult for Lasik on Monday, Wednesday I had the procedure done, and on Thursday my vision was BETTER than perfect, at 20/15!! His staff is professional and accommodating. The doctor himself is very personable and professional. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Concool to anyone looking to have Lasik performed.
Candice in Gulf Breeze, FL – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool knows what he’s doing. Did laser on my right eye and I never had a problem but now my left eye that I had done by another Dr has too much pressure in it and has signs of glaucoma. Dr. Concool is treating me and keeping a close eye on me. I wouldn’t trust any other Dr. with my eyes but Dr. Concool
LindaC in Milton Fl, FL – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool was my VA Vet Choice doctor to repair my cataracts that had become VERY aggressive over the previous year. After his exam he told me of the options and explained the expected results, procedures and cost. He said the standard operation would not correct ALL my problems. So I went full boat and got everything done at once. Dr. Concool asked if I wanted to use distance or reading glasses. I said reading. He was wrong. Ten months after the surgery's I don't use either. Thank you!
Michael Collins in AL – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Just had my 1 day fallow up appt with Dr Concool @ Panhandle Laser Vision Institute and my vision went from almost a -7 (in contacts) to a 20/15. I could not see this good with my contacts! Just AMAZING! The entire process went vary smooth I had NO pain or discomfort! After the procedure i was a little blurry (to be as expected) but i went home and took a nap like he said and I woke up and my vision was so clear. I cant leave out his staff they were just as AMAZING vary informative and helpful!!
Harmony in Navarre, FL – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Amazing! That's the only word to describe Dr. Concool's laser cataract surgery. Quick, painless and the results are nothing short of astounding. I was told about a year ago that "eventually" I would need cataract surgery and by the time I had moved to Gulf Breeze 6 months ago I was shocked how quickly my eyes had deteriorated. My left eye was so bad, if I closed my right eye it was like looking through waxed paper. Once my left eye was fixed, I could tell then my "good" right eye was also much w
Bob Michals in Gulf Breeze, FL – May 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool performed LASIK on both of my eyes. The procedure was well explained, well performed, and so quick! Best of all, I see 20/15 now! The post-surgery appointments take less than 5 minutes. Dr. Concool and his staff are all thorough, professional and courteous. Excellent, life-changing experience!
May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
As a 28 year career military aviator and now as a civilian, my eyes are very important to me and my occupation. Dr Concool did an outstanding job on the LASIK procedure on both my eyes. I am free from contacts and glasses and have 20/15 vision.
Mike in Navarre, FL – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool is amazing! He knows how to put his patients at ease about the procedure. I just had my appointment for the actual procedure and spent the rest of the day crying because I could already see, it was foggy but I was so mesmerized by all the new things I could see. The staff in the Pensacola office have been great. I have already given out recommendations to some of my friends. I am 200% happy with the quality of care given by the staff and Dr. Concool. If I had to do it again, I would.
Jessica Walker in Crestview, FL – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool was fabulous through the whole process. He explained the entire procedure and makes you feel at ease. The process took no time at all, but has made all of the difference. Being a state trooper not having to worry about glasses was a huge safety concern. With the surgery I now have 20/15 vision. My only regret is that I didn’t do this years ago.
Bill in Milton, FL – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
I just had a lasik surgery with Dr Concool. Pre, surgery and post experience was amazing. Dr Concool knowledge made this procedure very pleasant, not to mention his entire staff. They are all very friendly and efficient. He is one of the best Doctors I have ever known.
Wanda in iloxi – Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool was fantastic for my lasik surgery. His exams were quick and to the point, and the surgery went very well. Would recommend gun to anyone
Robert in Pensacola – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool just did both of my eyes to remove my cataracts. He explained everything as the procedure was done. Am very happy with treatment and results. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I actually, I had a friend recommend him to me. Appointments at office were a breeze. In and out.
Diane Camp in Pensacola, FL – Feb 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool was recommended to us by a close friend of ours who's mother was treated by Dr. Concool. So we are now performing the same. We highly recommend Dr. Concool and his surgical skill, after care, as well as his cordial manner. We cannot thank him enough and cannot think or consider another Doctor to perform the procedure my wife experienced from him.
Charin Kababik in Gulf Breeze Fl – Jan 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Not only is Dr. Concool an extraordinary surgeon, he cares even after surgery. His follow up is wonderful as is his accessibility. I could hardly believe he responded to a concern on New Year’s Day at 7 a.m., and solved my problem. If all doctors were like him, the world would truly be a better place. I certainly recommend him without reservation. In fact, I truly feel sorry for any one not being under his care for cataract surgery.
Pensacola – Jan 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool did a wonderful job on my Lasik surgery. It is such a relief to no longer be tied to glasses. As a health professional, I choose only the best for my healthcare needs. I recommend Dr. Concool to anyone who is looking for the best possible outcome.
Gulf Breeze, FL – Oct 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Going to Dr. Concool was a great experience. He was very professional and courteous as well as his team. There was never a long wait time and very proficient in every way. Such a great thing not having to wear glasses. Thank You
Nancy in Milton, FL – Oct 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
Dr. Concool has exactly the personality that I needed to convince me to have lasik and to make sure I followed all directions post surgery. He was firm in giving directions but with good reason. I am so pleased and my only regret is that I did not have this surgery much sooner. Amazing results . . . crystal clear 20-15 vision within an hour of having lasik surgery. If you are debating whether or not to have this surgery I would encourage to do it and choose Dr. Concool . . . he is top notch
Happy Patient in Pensacola, FL – Oct 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
I had lasik surgery 20 years ago. Over the last 4-5 years it began wearing off. I went to Dr. Concool for a lasik touch up. He suggested that cataract surgery would be a good option even though I didn't have cataract yet. Had the surgery and it worked out beautifully! Seeing 20/20!
Dennis in Gulf Breeze, FL – Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?
I recently had cataract surgery with multi focal lens implants in both eyes and less than a month following surgery I have 20-20 vision. Dr. Concool AND HIS TEAM are experienced and professional and available any time consultation is needed. The Dr's evaluation and setting expectations were 'spot on' and I would recommend this procedure with Dr. Concool to anyone interested in having great vision. Francis Clark
Francis Clark in Pensacola, FL – Aug 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Concool, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Concool?

The joy of being an eye surgeon comes not only from skills in the operating room but also in understanding each patient as an individual. The smile that comes the day after surgery says it all.

• Optometry