Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Barry Belgorod, MD
Dr. Barry Belgorod, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Belgorod is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital.

115 E 61st St Ste 1C

New York, NY 10065

Learn about Dr. Belgorod

Dr. Belgorod s office is equipped with the most state-of-the-art instruments, yet emphasizes individualized, one-on-one care. Dr. Belgorod personally gives every patient the time that is required to render optimal care. For this reason, Dr. Belgorod does not participate in managed care. Dr. Belgorod s areas of focus are refractive surgery, cataract, corneal transplantation and laser surgery. New patients are seen promptly and emergencies are seen the very same day.

Dr. Belgorod's Experience

Dr. Belgorod's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• LASIK
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Belgorod to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Belgorod's Performance
in New York, NY |
The Doctor literally saved my life.I saw him due to a cloudy area that was obstructing the vision in my right eye. Immediately after examining the eye, Dr. Belgorod got my cardiologist on the phone and requested a carotid artery scan. The scan led to an MRI which showed an 80% blockage in the carotid artery. It was Dr. Belgorod's assessment and action that prevented my suffering a stroke or other serious medical malady. He is not only a superb physician, he is also an caring advocate.
in London, UK |
I have been Dr. Belgorod's patient for nearly 20 years. Since then I have lived in 3 different countries. I have tried various different renowned ophthalmologist but have never found a medical professional that has come even to close to Dr. Belgorod's knowledge, competence or dedication when it comes to vision/eye care. As a result, I fly from London to NYC with the specific purpose of having my eyes checked. I highly recommend Dr. Belgorod and will not attempt a different ophthalmologist.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Belgorod has been our doctor for 25+ years - in fact I was one of his first patients. He is the best combination of outstanding professional for both office visits for vision and surgical procedures - a rare and fortunate combination in an Ophthalmologist?. Dr. Belgorod is the best clinically and also has a kind bedside manner. If you need him, you get a call back immediately from Dr. Belgorod himself. My husband and I highly recommend Dr. Belgorod and expect he will always be our doctor.
New York, NY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Belgorod's for many years. He is extremely thorough and very caring. I recommend him highly.
in New York, NY |
My daughter was referred to him by a top doctor to follow up on any concussion related issues and a small bump on her eye. I will admit the appointment lasted longer than I thought but that is because he was so unbelievably thorough. He answered all our questions and explained everything. I am so impressed I am going to use him instead of my eye doctor who I feel never was able timewise to give me a proper eye exam due to time constraints, that Dr. Belgorod doesn't have in his private office.
in Bronx NY |
Very dedicated to his job and overall looking forward to improve patients eyes. He dedicates his times to everyone and very concerns. Excellent Dr.
in Bronx, NY |
DR Belgorad is an excellent eye doctor. He is very patient, understanding, and give expert care.He is constantly looking to improve his service. He is a leader in his industry.
Have you seen Dr. Barry Belgorod, MD?
Are you Dr. Belgorod?

See our Ophthalmology Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

Hospitals where Dr. Belgorod has admitting privileges