Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Barrett Tolley, DDS
In 1997 Dr. Barrett Tolley earned his undergraduate degree in Biology Magna Cum Laude at Florida State University. Dr. Tolley is a fourth generation graduate of the University of Maryland / Baltimore College of Dental Surgery (The world's first Dental School). He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS) in 2002. Following dental school Dr. Tolley moved on to Jacksonville, Florida where he completed a rigorous four (4) year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Florida/Shands Jacksonville. Residents receive extensive training in all aspects of contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including Maxillofacial Trauma/Reconstruction, Head and Neck Oncology/Pathology, Temporomandibular Joint Surgery, Dental Implant Surgery, Facial Aesthetic Surgery, Traditional Oral Surgery, and IV Sedation/General Anesthesia. UF/Shands Jacksonville is also a Level I Trauma Center. Residents are exposed and trained in the art and care of the Maxillofacial Trauma Patient. Following his residency, Dr. Tolley completed a one (1) year associate position in Lakeland, Florida and then made the decision to open a practice in Tallahassee. The development of the trauma center at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital was pivotal in Dr. Tolley's decision to return to the Tallahassee area. His kinship with FSU also encouraged his return to the state's capital. In 2007 with the support of Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Dr. Tolley founded the Oral and Facial Surgery Center of Tallahassee. Dr. Tolley is Chairman of the Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery at TMH and an active member of the trauma team, participating in all aspects of facial trauma care. His current practice is full scope with particular interests in Maxillofacial Trauma, Orthognathic Surgery, as well as Facial Reconstruction. Dr. Tolley also maintains a busy traditional oral surgery practice with an emphasis on Dentoalveolar Surgery, Dental Implants, and IV sedation/anesthesia. When not practicing Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Tolley enjoys hunting, fishing, boating, classic cars, and spending quality time with family.

3330 Capital Oaks Dr

• University of Maryland / Baltimore College of Dental Surgery
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of Florida / Shands Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Tolley has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tolley has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tolley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tolley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tolley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tolley to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Tolley's Performance
in Tallahassee, FL |
I called and spoke with Jane to schedule an appointment. I was given a price of $118 for the Consultation but was told by my insurance I only had a $35 copay. Tried to contact Jane to verify the cost, she never called back and no one would answer the phone. Got to the appointment and I was refused treatment and kicked out because I was unwilling to pay the $118 that I was not required to pay for just a consultation. Office manager was nice but office staff was HORRIBLE and Dr. Tolley was rude.
Tallahassee, fl |
Dr. Tolley might be an excellent surgeon but is it possible he is overworked, understaffed? I have MS, and all but a very few pieces? of enamal exists in my mouth. I cannot eat and am very sick. Solumedrul IV treatments and falls/narcolepsy, have taken care of the beautiful teeth I had. Extremely anxious to get my mouth healthy. Called before Thanksgiving 2016. Call back advising once Dr. out of own another saying I should be patient. It is 2017 March. I finally will be moving on.
Hello. I apologize that this has been your experience with our practice. I invite you to contact our office manager who is eager to mend the situation and make sure that you have the best care going forward.
in Tallahassee, FL |
Loved Dr. Bower of the Riggins Rd. office. He was amazing! I was nervous for an extraction, but he and his staff were very compassionate and before I knew it the procedure was over. I had local anesthesia and it was virtually painless. Dr. Bower's after care was attentive and responsive. I highly recommend Dr. B and not Dr P of another practice. DB is a fine Christian man who cares about his patients. No opinion on Tolley, as I never met him. Further, the staff on Riggins was exemplary!
Thank you for choosing OFSC of Tallahassee!
Tallahassee, FL |
Completely awful office staff. Over the past 8 months I've gotten completely fed up of having to deal with them and their completely terrible organization. I was scheduled for surgery twice. And twice cancelled the day before. Once for no reason what so ever. The other because the staff had just neglected to fill out any paperwork. Lazy, condescending and a incompetent. Consider going to a different doctor, I wish I had gone to a different one 8 months ago before wasting all this time.
Experiences such as these are unacceptable and we appreciate your feedback. Our mission is to provide top-notch care from beginning to end and we are working diligently to respond and correct issues as they arise. Please call the office at your earliest convenience and ask for Amber.
in Tallahassee |
Where to begin? Patient with Dr Tolley for over a year preparing for maxillofacial surgery. Receptionist is rude to the point of condescending. It is a revolving door with doctor's assistants. Each one seems to be worse than the last. No one ever returns a phone call. Scheduled for surgery twice but both cancelled because doctors office couldn't seem to fill out the necessary paperwork for authorization to insurance. Dr Tolley might be a good doctor but staff is awful. Looking for new doctor.
in Havana |
Dr Tolley may not have the best bedside manner, but he puts his patients needs and comfort first! He is a wonderful Dr and provides excellent care! I would recommend him highly. I have been a registered nurse for 38 years and am very thankful we have Dr Tolley to provide care to patients in our city!
in Tallahassee, FL |
Dr. Tolley is knowledgeable but was very rude during surgery. He did not speak to me at all or try to make sure that I was comfortable. He siad he was going to call me back and did not.
I'm sorry that your experience wasn't as pleasant as we would've liked. I hope you have healed well. Please call the office if you have any questions/concerns or additional feedback.
Tallahassee, FL |
The doc is smart but has little bedside manner. That being said, his dental assistant was great and he did answer all of my questions. The procedure was done professionally and appropriately. I would go back should I have to.
Have you seen Dr. Barrett Tolley, DDS?

Visit Dr. Tolley

Hospitals where Dr. Tolley has admitting privileges

Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare
1300 Miccosukee Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

General Surgery