Dr. Baron Denniston, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 62

Psychiatry

Dr. Baron Denniston, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Erie, PA and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Boston University in 1985. His office accepts telehealth appointments.

Dr. Baron Denniston, MD

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Denniston

3.8

Dr. Denniston

Terrible Office Staff
I have been seeing Dr. Denniston for over a year (video visits only). While Dr. D seems to be a proficient psychiatrist, he really pushes the expensive new medications, and is often quite late for scheduled appts. My main complaint is his office staff. They are nearly impossible to get a hold of. Voice messages remain unreturned as do emails. This makes getting any sort of questions, appointment rescheduling, financial concerns, etc nearly impossible to get taken care of. I was warned about this by my PCP, and my local pharmacy constantly complaints about the office as well. Prescriptions sometimes cannot be filled on time because of inadequate information provided, and pre-authorizations are often not performed, compounding the situation. They certainly have no problem calling patients at home at night to get credit card information and demand payment, however. Given the patient population this office serves, they should be much more attentive to patient's needs.
Appleton – Jul 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Baron Denniston, MD?
Extremely disappointing. The one and only tele-visit we had was great, and very helpful... until I came to them as someone with severe abandonment issues, self-worth issues, anxiety, and depression only to be completely ignored by the doctor. The doctor who started off with "we are here to help" and "We can help you" ended with just disappearing. I emailed him asking about my prescriptions, it's been almost a month and they can't even email me back to tell me what's going on. Psychiatrists can't just abandon people with abandonment issues. If you can't handle the customer load, then just don't.
Jeremie Kuhlman – Dec 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Baron Denniston, MD?
I I like Dr denniston a lot he's very helpful and understanding I'll be a lot more happy though when I can see him in his office but I couldn't ask for anymore he's a great doctor.Ron Voelker
Jul 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Baron Denniston, MD?
Dr Denniston is very easy to talk to.He has helped me though gone very hard times in my life.I am so thankful he is my doctor.. Ronald Voelker
Ronald Voelker – Jul 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Baron Denniston, MD?
Dr. Denniston is pleasant and takes time to answer questions, However, I don’t feel that he’s always 100% knowledgable of the meds he prescribes for my condition. I do a lot of research on them at home and if needed voice my concerns and discuss about switching to another. One particular staff member can be particularly rude and my calls have been “disconnected” on many occasions. I’m very polite, despite her attitude. This is disappointing. My appointments run extremely behind a lot.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Erie, PA – Oct 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Baron Denniston, MD?
Dr. Denniston is very caring and knowledgeable. In response to the other person regarding the phones, he has new people in there that seem to be much more efficient. I too was disgusted with the prior people.
Bella in Erie, PA – Nov 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Baron Denniston, MD?
Dr Dennison is an amazing doctor. His secretary on the other hand is rediculous!!! Didn't give messages to him about med refills...finally after 7 days they got refilled after severe withdrawal. As long as she is there's will not go back.
Pittsburgh, PA – Jul 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Baron Denniston, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Denniston?