Dr. Barnaby Starr, MD

Dr. Barnaby Starr, MD

Pediatrics  |
Dr. Barnaby Starr, MD is a pediatrics doctor who practices in Baltimore, MD. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

2 Hamill Rd Ste 405

Baltimore, MD 21210

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Starr

Dr. Starr's Experience

Dr. Starr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics

• Pediatrics

Dr. Starr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Anemia
  • Blood Disorders
  • Dysphagia
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Newborn Jaundice
  • Otitis Media
  • Stomach Diseases

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Liver Function Test

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Chldns Hospital National Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Chldns Hospital National Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Starr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Starr has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Starr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Starr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Starr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Starr to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Starr's Performance
Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Starr is a wonderful physician! He always addresses any concerns we have with our kids and is very good about following up. He is very quick with check-ups but provides so much information during that time. You can tell he really cares about the kids.
Baltimore, MD |
He's insensitive to children's pain, and he's impatient. Furthermore I had a HORRIBLE experience with him, where he proceeded to treat my child in pain without discussing it with me, and ignored my pleads for him to stop as he was doing it. The procedure wasn't necessary and should have been done with at least an ointment or numbing cream but he went on. (I checked with the specialist to confirm). Terrible bedside manner but most concerning is how cruel he can be with children.
in Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Starr is great, but unfortunately the staff at the office is horrendous. They operate like things were 10 years ago. It's impossible to get someone on the phone. They leave by 4pm every day. There isn't an answering machine. 99% of time no one will pick up. I have heard this from many others.
Towson, MD |
I decided to have my child seen by Dr. Starr. Our first visit was less than 10 minutes as a new patient. There were some concerns regarding my child. After some testing and questions, I was treated by him with high frustration, condescending tone, unprofessionalism and rudeness. His staff can also be very dismissive, rude and short when making appointments or leaving messages.
in Baltimore, MD |
Dr Starr was recommended to us by the hospital after my child's birth. While he is direct, he got the job done, he isn't warm and fuzzy. His staff is efficient and our visits are usually quick. However, I was disappointed when I told him that we wanted to delay our daughters 4 month vaccine for various reasons, one being that she had just been sick with a bad cold and he said it didn't matter. He stormed off and refused to do a check up on my child. It was rude and unprofessional.
in Baltimore, MD |
Has been a great doctor to my 25 year old and now is still my 15 year olds doc. My 25 year old still says no doctor will ever compare. My younger never complains when has to go. He is the best. His relationship with kids and parents are great. Answers all questions and explains in normal language , that someone without a medical degree can understand. And moms he puts up with us crazies!!!!!
in Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Starr was my children's physician and is currently caring for my grandchildren who are near the adulthood. He is the most professional, kind and caring person and physician. My family suffers with many fragile health conditions and he has always been able to care for us. We love him and wish him well.
Have you seen Dr. Barnaby Starr, MD?
Are you Dr. Starr?