Dermatology  |
Dr. Barbara Vail, MD
Dr. Barbara Vail, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Warrington, PA. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

Dermatology Specialists of Warrington

1432 Easton Rd Ste 5C

Warrington, PA 18976

Dr. Barbara Vail, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Independence Blue Cross
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Vail

Dr. Vail's Experience

Dr. Vail's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Acne Surgery
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Drexel University College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Hahnemann University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Drexel University/Hahnemann Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Vail has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vail does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vail and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vail's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vail to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Vail's Performance
in Warminster, PA |
Dr Vail has always treated me and my family as if we were her own family. She spends as much time that is needed to care for us and to address our concerns. I have sent my friends to Dr Vail and they too have been very satisfied with their visits. A friend of mine had seen two other doctors for a spot on her face. They told her is wasn't a problem. Dr Vail biopsied the spot and found that it was cancerous. She had Mohs surgery and is fine today. The office staff is friendly and helpful.
in Glenside, PA |
I'm very happy with Dr. Vail. I do get early appointments and never have a problem seeing Dr. Vail.
Had a biopsy done by Dr Vail. Was told results could take 2 weeks. Checked YES for test results to be left via phone on the paperwork, but received a voicemail 3 days later to call the office for my biopsy results. Called back less than an hour later; they had closed for weekend (closes early on Fridays) Because Dr Vail is unreachable on weekends, had to wait until Monday to find out biopsy results (negative). Staff could have cared less I was beside myself all weekend. Would never go back.
north wales, pa |
Haven't seen Dr Vail in my last four visits. The Physicians Assistant seem very good although I'd like to see a Doctor since I'm paying top dollar for one. Not confident my concerns are being heard. My next scheduled visit will be my last.
in Willow Grove, PA |
I got to my appointment early so I could fill out all the new patient forms. I was greeted by the very friendly staff. I was also seen on time for my appointment. Dr. Vail and her assistant explained everything that they were going to do before hand which helped me not to be anxious. I was very pleased with my appointment and check-out was quickly done.
in Lansdale, PA |
I found the office staff to be polite and friendly. Dr. Vail and her team were professional and down to Earth. I would recommend this office.
Perkasie, PA |
I found Dr. Vail to be confident, trustworthy, and professional. Scheduling an appt. was quite reasonable for a dermatology office. Other places I called were giving appts. 3-6 months out for new patients. She even called me at home to follow up with some concerns she had regarding my particular situation.
in Dresher, PA |
My experience with Dr. Vail has been very positive. I have been seeing her for about 3 years and have always found her to be professional and thorough. She has always demonstrated a concern for my health. Appointments have been relatively easy to get. I wouldn't hesitate recommending her to anyone.
in Warminster,Pa. |
very caring, knowledgeable, makes you feel comfortable. always the right treatment.......
in Doylestown, PA |
I see Dr. Vail once per year for a full body check. She is very thorough, checking scalp,underarms, butt, feet, all over. I've gone to other doctors who do not check everywhere.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Vail is a confident and extremely professional physician. She never rushes you and is always ready to listen to your concerns. In fact, now several of my friends see her and we're all very pleased. I trust her decisions about my medical issues.
in Warrington |
Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere. I called for a same day appointment as I was having a very concerning issue. The earliest I could be seen was two days later. The office suggested I see my PCP or go to the ER. Luckily I did get in to see my PCP. When I called the next morning to cancel my appointment (still 24 hours away) I was charged a $50 cancellation fee!!!
Dear Megan, I am sorry we were not able to meet your need for a same day appointment. You were not charged a cancellation fee. We did reschedule your April appointment as I had an emergency, and I apologize for that inconvenience. I often refer young patients to a plastic surgeon because I want them to be as happy as possible with the result, and we always provide several names. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss. We truly value you as a patient. Sincerely, Barb Vail
Doylestown, PA |
Absolutely horrible experience. I would never recommend this place to anyone! The staff is rude, they lack emotional intelligence and simply don't care about the patient. My mother had an issue with her insurance and all that was needed was for someone on staff to call and confirm that she was still on the policy. After 10 minutes of refusing to call, and upon our insisting, they eventually did. We were right but were disgusted with their attitude. We will never be coming back. HORRIBLE STAFF!!
Doylestown, PA |
Absolutely horrible experience with staff at this office. I would never recommend this place to anyone! My mother had a simple misunderstanding with her insurance company and all that was needed to correct the issue was for one of the staff members to call and confirm that she was indeed STILL on the policy. They refused to do so, claiming that they had already done so but we still insisted. Long story short, they called eventually after being very rude. We were disgusted with their attitude.
in Warrington, PA |
I went to Dr. Vail in the summer of 2015 for a red spot on my nose. She looked at it and said it was fine-looked like acetone keratosis-- no worries. Six months later, I went to another dermatologist and they wanted to biopsy it and it came back that it is squamous cell cancer.
Ms, Koons, I'm so sorry this happened to you. While I cannot go into the particulars of your case due to patient privacy rules, we did discuss monitoring and reevaluating the site at a scheduled follow up visit. I'm sorry that for whatever reason you were unable to return. I'm happy to discuss this with you at any time. Sincerely, Barb Vail
Southampton, PA |
Office staff made mistake in scheduling appt. When I came they said I'm not listed and need to come back the following day when they had me down for even though it was their mistake.When I tried to ask them to be seen, they refused stating they are fully booked. When asked to reschedule to another day, they said they would charge me for a cancelled appointment less than 24 hrs notice even though I didn't cancel and it was their mistake. They were not nice about the whole situation.
While scheduling mistakes are very rare, from time to time they unfortunately do occur. When it is our mistake we go out of our way to make it right. Apparently that did not happen in your case. Our office manager is charged with keeping our patients happy, and this should have been handled by her directly. I apologize for your frustrating experience with our office. Your review is helping us streamline and improve our front office procedures.
in Cocoa Beach, FL |
Dr Vail found skin cancer on me when three previous drs did not. I can't thank her enough. She was very professional and answered all my questions. Since then I have moved to Florida. I have seen two other dermatologist here and was not impressed. I called and made an appointment with Dr Vail and will be flying up to get my full body exam. We need more Drs like Dr Vail especially here in Florida.
Ms. Richter, thanks so much for your very kind review. I hope you are enjoying Florida. We will be honored to continue caring for you. Please don't forget your sunscreen! Best, Barb Vail
in Doylestown, PA |
Dr. Vail treated my son for chronic acne with the drug Accutane. This drug is highly regulated and very expensive. It is simply a dangerous option but comes with the promise of a cure for acne. Long story short - Six months of treatment and thousands of dollars later and my son still has acne. We scheduled a follow up appointment and after waiting for minutes we were asked to return the next day over a booking mix up. If I would have missed the appointment I would have been invoiced. HACK!!!
Accutane is only used for severe or persistent acne. While it can be a life-changing drug, as we discuss with every patient the cure rate is only 90 percent. This can be frustrating and heartbreaking if your child is in the other 10 percent. We work with every family to find the least expensive option, however, the cost of the prescription is unfortunately out of our control. I truly apologize for the scheduling mixup. This is a rare occurrence and absolutely should not have happened.
Will not return. Poor. Unkind had over one hour wait
Have you seen Dr. Barbara Vail, MD?

Visit Dr. Vail

Dr. Vail accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth