Dr. Barbara Plucknett, MD

Dr. Barbara Plucknett, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Barbara Plucknett, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Scranton, PA. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

743 Jefferson Ave Ste 203

• Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Plucknett

See how frequently Dr. Plucknett performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Incontinence Sling Procedure
Endometriosis
Hysteroscopy

Dr. Plucknett's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Birth Control
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Christiana Hospital Med Center Del
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Christiana Hospital Med Center Del
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Greater Baltimore Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Plucknett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Plucknett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Plucknett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Plucknett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Plucknett to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Plucknett's Performance
    FAIR
in scranton,PA |
Dr Plucknett, Shuker, and Bonafede are amazing Doctors and CRNP. Ive been with this practice for 3 years and will continue, I recommend this office to family and friends. They are always there when you need them. They have found and treated issues that doctors in the past have not found.
in Moscow, PA |
Very unhappy w/ the unprofessional behavior of this entire office. I was told to get cleared by my pcp & get bloodwork for a surgery on Oct 13th. I take time off work to get bloodwork done, it's not done, they can't "interrupt" the Dr now she's with patients. I've been at this lab now for over an hour and the tell me to bad they don't care it's not going to get done until later. LATER! I took time off work and don't have more time, well we will get back to you. That was at 8:35am it's 5:45 no cb
Wilkes Barre, PA |
her office staff are rude, they (or the doctor) dont return phone calls; the doctor herself acts very uninterested in your issues, and her PA gives the roughest female exams I have ever had. very very disappointed.
Franklin, TN |
I received two rescheduling fees of $50 before I even got in the door!! Needless to say, I never made it to the office! Very poor business management!! Rude staff!
Scranton, PA |
I've made so many attempts to contact this office but they never return messages. I'm now completely out of medication and have to start over with a new doctor. I've had appointment after appointment where I've left feeling like herded cattle. You sit and wait and wait then they rush through your visit. Steer clear.
Tunkhannock, PA |
I visited my OB as well as a Uro Gyn. Both reported I had a ANTERIOR COLPORRHAPHY which is an easy fix. Removal of it is a 30 min procedure and 2 week recovery. Went to Plucknett for a 3rd opinion. Was not permitted to see Plucknett specifically because her office policy did not allow for that. Her PA told me I needed a FULL hysterectomy!! I went here only because she was highly recommended but I cringe at the thought of what would have happened if I had only gone here and taken this advice!
in Carbondale, PA |
NEVER trust the office on whether they say your appointment will be covered or not. DO YOUR RESEARCH! I was told out of all my appointments that I would be covered and they even had me meet with the person who made the phone calls to negotiate coverage with my insurance. They said everything would be covered! They even forced me to stay when I mentioned I was feeling too hesitant to stay. I was terrified they would throw me in the loop and they did. If you are ever in this situation, LEAVE!!
in Clarks Summit, PA |
Do NOT let this woman operate on U!Do your OWN research!The advice Iwas given in the office by the dr and NP was WRONG!. I got CDIFF shortly after I let drplucknett use the robot 2take out my uterus,and BOTH ovaries!1was HEALTHY, one wasnot.This dr WANTS to operate on you! Don't let her!i saw the actual dr exactly 3 xs!new or appt; presurgery visit 2 sign the consent forms; and for 2 seconds in the operating suite.They ONLY want your money!took almost a year2get the cdiff under control! BEWARE!
in Scranton, PA |
I've been to different OB's for irregular and painful menses/infertility and thyroid issues and none have ever had a specific plan for me like she does. I have gone through 2 surgeries with her as well and she has given me so much hope that soon I will become a mother. She answers all my questions and educates me on things I didn't know. Overall she is amazing!!!!
in Scranton, PA |
I came to see the doctor today as a new patient. I wasn't told I will never meet or be seen by the doctor rather by a PA or nurse. A little swab for Pap smear @ a little breast massage & my visit as a new patient was over. I have serious concern having lost a sister to ovarian cancer. Where is the doctor to listen & answer questions? You just lost a future patient.
Scranton, PA |
Good doctor. Poorly managed office. Long wait times - ALWAYS. Billing messed up, too!!
Have you seen Dr. Barbara Plucknett, MD?
Are you Dr. Plucknett?