Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD

Sleep Medicine ·  Female · Age 51

Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri
6511 Spring Brook Ave Rhinebeck, NY 12572

Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD is a sleep medicine specialist in Rhinebeck, NY and has been practicing for 26 years. She graduated from Facolta Di Medicina E Chirurgia Agostino Gemelli in 1993 and specializes in sleep medicine.

Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri

1.8

Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri?
Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD
I'm really ill which was the reason I showed up 20 minutes late. I know its not right to be late.I was told I had to reschedule. I asked if there were any other options, could I wait? are there cancelations in the meantime? "No, you have to reschedule." I know businesses are not run with a series of exceptions, but couldnt she even fake it that she cared when I said, "It was the best I could do"? Many reviewers say they wait to be seen at appt-time. Rescheduling meant me waiting ANOTHER 3 mos.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
Well ileft the office in tears. That has happened twice in my life. One when i found out i had cancer. Andthis.All i needed was a script for a new cpap machine or a sleep study if she needed. It was my first visit as i had transferred .Maybe i wouldnt have been so emotional if i had not been suffering for the last 2 months with a broken machine and had been given the run around from the Cpap company...regardless she acted impatient She didnt view records. Denied they were there. They were.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
During an appointment she proclaimed, "I practice medical ageism" when discussing the treatment plan of an elderly female. This made clear why, upon review, she had chosen to do the bare minimum over multiple years to treat COPD in a 75+ patient. If you are above a certain age or have a loved one above a certain age & are considering seeing her, I highly advise you to rethink this decision and seek a consultation elsewhere by someone who is not proud to practice such discrimination & negligence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
I took my mother to her at the recommendation of her cardiologist. She was cold, impatient and snarky, which is unacceptable when dealing with a geriatric patient. She was asked to write down everything she was asking my mother to do, and instead of giving her all the information she talked about she simply wrote to call the company for the c-pap machine. We won't be going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
Dr. Chat is one of the best doctors I’ve been to, and as a 48 year old with narcolepsy, rheumatoid arthritis and MS, I’ve been to many a doctor. She is caring, knowledgable, and skilled. Dr. Chat has given me my life back and I am eternally grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
The office visit with D. Chat (as she is called), was very informative, yet it was a total lack of communication afterwards that was the problem. A medication she prescribed was causing severe depression and I had no response from her as to whether I could just stop taking it or had to taper. After the third time I called (which was the next day), I was told she would call me back immediately after her present patient. It is 3 weeks later and still no call back. My GP said to stop taking it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
She spends time with you to diagnose your condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
She was cold, never asked about my well being, if I exercise, or what supplements I take. she put me into a box without knowing who I am. She ordered a procedure she never discussed with me, gave me an incorrect contact of a provider who didn't even offer that service! I was told to bring in my chip from my Apnea machine the Doctor told me she was not sure she could read it, to give a week and then call her office for results. The chip was returned to me in an envelope, with no explanation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
Poor listening skills and defensive when questioned
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?
Rude. No compassion. Abruptly interrupted while I attempted to explain symptoms which were key. She predicted grave consequences and left closing the door without explaining.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barbara Chatr-Aryamontri, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri?

• Sleep Medicine

• Sleep Medicine

1993
Facolta Di Medicina E Chirurgia Agostino Gemelli
1993

Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri accepts

Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
MVP Health Care
MVP Health Care PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri treats your condition or procedure

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chatr-Aryamontri treats patients.

68% Patient experience rating, 1% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average

59% Patient experience rating, 10% lower than the national average

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)