Dr. Balnath Bhandary, MD

Dr. Balnath Bhandary, MD

Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Balnath Bhandary attended St. Aloysius College in Mangalore, India, before going on to medical school at Kasturba Medical College in Manipal, India. After emigrating to the United States, he completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at Pennsylvania Hospital in the University of Pennsylvania Health System. During his residency, Dr. Bhandary served on the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and the Infection Control Committee. He also completed an internship in Neurology at the University of Chicago. While at the University of Pennsylvania, he was named both Intern and Resident of the Year, and has been practicing medicine since 1999. Dr. Bhandary is a member of the American College of Physicians and was a member volunteer of Doctors of the World (which provides volunteer medical care all over the world) from 1998 to 2013. As an internist, Dr. Bhandary provides primary care, including preventive services and wellness, to adults. He also offers comprehensive medical management for chronic diseases. Dr. Bhandary is fluent in both English and Hindi, and is well known for having great bedside manner and providing top quality care to all of his patients. What Dr. Bhandary's patients say about him: "I went in for a regular physical, having skipped one for the past five years and was very much pleased with the experience at Dr. Bhandhary's office. Dr. Bhandary struck me as an intelligent, knowledgeable doctor who took his time explaining things to me in easy to understand terms. His staff was also very pleasant and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Bhandary to anyone." "I have been meaning to write a review for any years but never did so. Dr Bhandary has been kind and compassionate, extremely knowledgeable very resourceful to me, my family and my coworkers and employees. The office does a lot of great work and tries to diagnose and treat medical problems himself. Ever since he saved my son's life, I have been fascinated and grateful about the way he conducts himself. It is very rare to get such good humans who are humble and down to earth. Great office!!"

18550 Office Park Dr

Montgomery Village, MD 20886

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Bhandary

Dr. Bhandary's Experience

Dr. Bhandary's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

• Preventive Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cardiovascular Disease

• Physical Examination
  • Spirometry
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Kasturba Medical College Mangalore, Manipal University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Pennsylvania Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania

Dr. Bhandary has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Indonesian
  • Kannada
  • Taiwanese

Dr. Bhandary does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bhandary and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bhandary's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bhandary to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Bhandary's Performance
in Germantown |
He is an amazing Dr he treats my whole family. He is an honest and caring person who truely cares about his patients and their well being. He is never too busy to return a call and Jay who works for him is Amazing!!! They try to fit you in when possible and listen to everything and ask questions He is the best of the best and will never leave him!!
in Fredrick, MD |
Great practice-staff very professional. Providers were caring and knowledgeable. The office is clean and Well decorated. Great follow up care. There are still good Primary Care providers who treat us the old fashioned way with modern technology and state of the art systems.A-Very holistic approach to medicine.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I do like Dr. Bhandar. I do though have a few issues. When I go for a visit I expect to have my ear, heart, knees etc checked not just my blood pressure and EKG. Office is a bit unclean and machines are outdated. I feel very comfortable going there but I wish some of the things listed above can changed.
in Harrisburg, PA |
Dr. Bhandary is an EXCELLENT Primary Care Physician and have recommend him to other friends. My husband and I went to Dr. Bhandary over 6 years. Dr. Bhandary always answered my questions and made certain I understand things completely. He has always made certain that I had what I needed in medical treatment. I have known Dr. Bhandary from the time he had his own establishment. I hav ed the greatest RESPECT and ADMIRATION of Dr. Bhandary. Dr. B., thank you for your service.
Montgomery Village, MD |
Dr Bhandary and his staff are wonderful. I have been seeing him for at least six years and he's just top-notch he listens he explains he's accurate what more could you ask for in a doctor and he's just overall nice. And his staff are the same. My husband now sees him and I'm always telling people about him.
in Boyds, MD |
I have been going to Dr. Bhandary for many years. He always gives of his time and medical knowledge to make the experience both useful and pleasant. He strives to support his patients in achieving their goals and good health. His staff follows his lead.
in Frederick, MD |
I have been meaning to write a review for any years but never did so .Dr Bhandary has been kind and compassionate, EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE very resourceful to me , my family and my coworkers and employees.The office dies a lot of great work and tries to diagnose and treat medical problems himself. Ever since he saved my sons life, I have been fascinated and grateful about the way he conducts himself.It is very rare to get such good humans who are humble and down to earth.Great office !!
in maryland |
First he was pompous, and frankly quite rude. He didn't even exam or even listen to my heart. I came into his office looking for guidance in what direction I should be going on with my health condition . Unfortunately, I came out of the appointment more confused with no question.
in olney |
He is and has been a great caregiver for our entire family and co workers. Physicians like him are far and few !!1 Great Doctor and great office staff and beautiful Decor
in Bethesda, MD |
I went in for a regular physical ? having skipped one for the past five years ? and was very much pleased with the experience at Dr. Bhandhary?s office. Dr. Bhandhary struck me as an intelligent, knowledgeable doctor who took his time explaining things to me in easy to understand terms. His staff was also very pleasant and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Bhandary to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Balnath Bhandary, MD?
Are you Dr. Bhandary?

Blue Choice Advantage
    Blue Preferred PPO
    CareFirst Maryland POS
    Southern Health PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Gastroenterology