Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Baljeet Purewal, MD
Baljeet K. Purewal, MD is a trained specialist in oculoplastic surgery, Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Born and raised in New York City, she attended the seven year combined BA/MD program with SUNY Downstate Medical School and completed her ophthalmology residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. After having completed her cosmetic fellowship in oculofacial surgery under the supervision of Stephan Bosniak, MD, she completed an advanced fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic & Constructive Surgery at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary. In addition to private practice, Dr. Purewal has authored several textbook chapters and numerous scientific articles in the field of oculofacial surgery. She was awarded the prestigious Castle Connolly award in Oculoplastic Surgery. She is featured in New Beauty Magazine for her oculofacial expertise and special interest in facial and skin rejuvenation. Her sound perspective and techniques enable her to deliver natural-looking results using a variety of modalities.

1046 S Orange Ave

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Purewal

See how frequently Dr. Purewal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stye
Trichiasis
Blocked Tear Duct

Dr. Purewal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Purewal "Dr. Baljeet K. Purewal places a strong emphasis on the doctor-patient relationship to yield greater patient satisfaction. Her sound perspective and techniques enable her to deliver natural-looking results using multiple modalities. She is known for her kindness, integrity and commitment to patient care and safety.

Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of eyelids along with minimally invasive facial rejuvenation procedures comprise a large portion of Dr. Purewal's practice. She has authored numerous publications on reconstructive and cosmetic oculofacial surgery in peer reviewed journals. She is also known for her written chapters in several cosmetic and plastic surgery textbooks."

• Ophthalmology

• Chalazion
  • Chronic Dacryoadenitis
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

• Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Lid Retraction
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Ultherapy®

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • New York Flushing Hospital Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
  • New York Eye & Ear Infirmary
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Purewal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Purewal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Purewal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Purewal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Purewal to family and friends
Dr. Purewal Says:

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey.  We strive for 100% patient satisfaction and welcome all feedback. If you had a great experience, please tell a friend. If your experience was not the best it could be, please tell me or my staff. Thank you for taking the time to help us provide a great experience.

Dr. Purewal's Performance
in Schaumburg, IL |
Great overall experience! So happy with my results!!
in NJ |
If you like to have a full explanation to your diagnosis and feel that you are in capable hands than Dr. Purewal is for you. I was educated on my condition and she explained in detail the how, why and when it could be corrected. I feel that she cared for me, not only as my doctor, but as my friend. When I felt uncomfortable about my healing process, she gladly saw me, discussed my concerns and put them to rest. It is very hard to find a doctor that truly cares about the patient, but she does.
Westfield, NJ |
I had surgery to correct a drooping eyelid. Dr. Purewell is an excellent and meticulous surgeon, with an aesthetic eye. She and her assistant, Tanys, are caring, listen to your concerns and are extremely pleasant.
in Harrison NY |
Dr Purewal is an expert in her field. She's a perfectionist and has a good aesthetic eye, a true understanding of beauty. As her patient I was guided with care, honesty and patience, I felt understood, safe and confident I chose the right doctor. The treatment I received fit my personal needs and expectations. I'm very happy with the results and I'm sincerely thankful to Dr Purewal!
in Somerset, New Jersey |
Dr Purewall and staff are professional, knowledgeable and highly skilled. They are friendly and take the time to answer any questions in regard to the procedure. They exclude confidance and make the experience and results the best that anyone could hope for.
in Gladstone, NJ |
I found Dr. Purewal to be extremely friendly, caring, patient, respectful, highly skilled and professional! She takes a personal interest in her patients which is becoming more and more rare these days. She takes great pride and is very meticulous when performing her surgeries which is obviously extremely important when dealing with cosmetic surgery!!! I intend to highly recommend her to any one who is considering blepharoplasty. Wait time the day of surgery in the reception area was excessive
in New York, NY |
Dr. Purewal is great, she listens, she cares and the result is fantastic. Her assistant, Tanys is the nicest person ever.
Warren, NJ |
I had eye lid surgery with Dr. Purewal, the experience was amazing, I am so happy I had surgery done with her. Her staff is great, they were able to always help and answer all my questions always pleasant and a big, bright smile. Dr. Purewal is extremely knowledgeable and wonderful surgeon, after surgery I didn't even have any pain. I will definitely recommend her to all my friends and family
Short Hills, NJ |
As a male patient I was hesistant to undergo a cosmetic procedure but Dr. Purewal made me feel extremely comfortable, was thorough with what my options where and I am ecstatic with my results. I recommend her highly.
New York, NY |
Dr. Purewal is an expert at assessing where and how much to inject. The process was almost painless and the results were fantastic! I am especially pleased with the way my eyes look after the treatment for crows feet and the "elevens" area.
Thank you for taking time out to provide an account of your experience with us. We are glad you are loving your treatment results! We look forward to maintaining a great relationship with you in helping you to attain your aesthetic goals.
in Westwood, NJ |
My experience getting Botox has been nothing but top notch. Dr. Purewal is honest, knowledgeable and and expert in her field. Her staff is professional and caring. I always feel welcomed and my needs are addressed in a timely fashion. I highly recommend Dr. Purewal, her approach is specific to my needs and her recommendations always come from a medical base but with a woman's perspective.
Thank you! We are committed to providing excellent care and appreciate all your feedback.
Bronx, NY |
Excellent, meticulous surgeon. I am so happy with my results!
NJ |
Dr. Purewal is an excellent doctor. She is caring, honest and a great listener. She provides you with enough information to allow you to make an informed decision.
Have you seen Dr. Baljeet Purewal, MD?

Visit Dr. Purewal