Dr. Bala Giri, MD

Dr. Bala Giri, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Bala Giri, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

1411 N Beckley Ave Ste 474

Dallas, TX 75203

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Giri

See how frequently Dr. Giri performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc
Herniated Disc Surgery
Spinal Fusion

Dr. Giri's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Baylor College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Giri has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Giri does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giri and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Giri's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Giri to family and friends
Dr. Giri's Performance
in Grand Prairie, TX |
I had cervical laminectomy
in North Richland Hills, Texas |
After being injured on the job I went thru everything imaginable to relieve my back pain. On my 1st visit with Dr. Giri he explained what was causing my pain and how he could fix it. When we were finally given authorization we scheduled my surgery. The day of I was a little worried as most people said surgery won't work. Upon waking up I knew it was an instant success. No more pain! It has been a long road but we're getting there. Recommend him to everyone !! Thank you sir. Amazing Dr
in Midlothian, TX |
I can not express how wonderful Dr Giri and his team are to me. I experienced a brain tumor scare in 2012 and Dr. Giri performed an amazing Nasal Cranial Surgery with great success. I have been following up with him since then and still receive amazing care. I recommend him to my family and friends dealing with any neuro issues..
in Mesquite, TX |
I am 100% satisfied with the outcome of my surgeries. Dr Giri is an exceptional neurosurgeon and extremely knowledgeable. I asked him to get me back to the gym, and I am happy to say he has done just that. I would recommend him to anyone needing back, neck, or any type of surgery.
in Venus, TX |
January 17,2017 I had back pain from the time i was 18 yrs old. I went to see Dr Giri (at 38) and he was very descriptive and explained what my issues were. I dodged surgery for probably 10 years because I have never heard about it working. He was very confident for a positive result. I had a laminectomy on L4,L5,and S1. I had a TLIF on L4 and L5 also. I havent felt this good since i was 20.
in Lancaster Texas |
I could not ask for a better Surgeon than Dr. Giri i am 69 years old and had to have a herniated disc removed from my neck. The surgery went as smooth as could be and I have not had any problems with pain in my shoulder and neck etc. i have herniated discs in my back and will be expecting another surgery soon. I have all the confidence in the world knowing that Dr. Giri will be taking care of it.He takes the time to listen to his patient and answer any questions that may arise
in Dallas, TX |
This is my second surgery with Dr. Bala.Giri I am so glad I was under the care of Dr. Bala Giri, the first surgery invasive surgery. I Came out find I had a bad fall that moved 3 of my disks out of place. the second surgery was necessary it was done Jan 31,2016 - I am better than I was before. walking, and bending. I feel GREAT!! Thank God for Dr.Bala Giri. I am just in my 3th month. Alice Varner
in Cedar Hill |
I had neck surgery in 1/17 and back surgery in 3/17. I highly recommend Dr Giri .
in DUNCANVILLE TX |
Love Dr. Giri, friendly, explained the procedure, answered all our question. Great experience.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Giri performed cervical fusion surgery on my neck, C-3 through C-7. Both before and after the two operations required (2 days apart), he was very thorough, and explained everything as far as what I would be going through, what to expect, etc., incredibly well. His process to return me to good health was compassionate, but he was also insistent that I follow his orders as to what to do. Even though his regimen for recovery was not easy, It paid off. I strongly recommend him.
in Lewisville, TX |
I had severely damaged neck.I had the first surgery from a great surgeon. Dr. Giri was the wonderful surgeon who was able to complete the 2nd phase this difficult injury and I Feel so much better.Thank you Doctor Giri ! Mark C.
in Dallas, TX |
Very knowledgeable doctor. Takes time to explain medical condition.
in Dallas, TX |
I am a patient of Dr.Giri I had back surgery on my L4 L5 disc in July 2015 in Feb. 2016 I return to work ,the first 2 mo. I work with limitation of no more than 8 hr. per day. I do a lot of walking and lifting,4mo. later I am back to working without any limitation I am very please with the out come of my surgery by Dr.Giri I would recommend Dr. Giri to anyone of my family members or friends. Thank You . Donnell
in Ferris, TX |
Dr Giri is an awesome doctor. He listens to your problems and takes the time to explain whats going on. Dr. Giri has done 2 neck surgeries and back surgery on me. I highly recommend him. He is very honest.
in Dallas, TX |
It is unreasonable for any patient to wait over 30 minutes in the lobby before seeing the doctor. He and his team need to participate in a time/motion study on how to schedule patients. This udderly ridicious!!
dallas, tx |
Excellent doctor, would recommend him to anyone who needed surgery.
in Dallas, TX |
I had cervical (neck) surgery with Dr. Giri in November of 2015. He took every means possible to ensure that the surgery would be successful: getting an evaluation from a neurologist and getting okays for surgery from my personal physician and a heart doctor, and arranging for the surgery to be done in a dedicated surgical hospital. The surgery went fine. There were frequent checkups to monitor my progress, and his staff answered any questions that came up. I heartily recommend Dr. Giri!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Giri has the best human approach to difficult problems such as spinal stenosis and repair. He is very efficient. His confidence will inspire your participation in good outcomes. i would recommend him to anyone who suffers from neck pain caused by stenosis. I appreciate the care he has shown to me.
in The Colony, TX |
Dr. Giri is an amazing and talented surgeon. I would never trust anyone else to perform such serious surgery on me. I had a two level (C4-C6) diskectomy and spinal fusion done in March, 2016. After recovery and physical therapy, I am in GREAT shape! Dr. Giri says I will continue to improve for 18 months after the surgery, but I am amazed at how successful the surgery was, and I was terrified. He calmed my fears prior to surgery. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Cedar Hill, Tx. |
I would recommend Dr. Giri, to anyone who is in need of back surgery. He is so caring and thoughtful, the surgery was so easy for me, all I did was follow his instructions afterwards , and now after a year since, I have no pain at all.
in Dallas, TX |
I am telling everyone I know that Dr. Giri has helped me three times with cracked vertabrae. I was ready to mow the yard the next day after surgery each time. Well, the doctor advised light duty for two weeks which I am sure was wise. Anyway, the end result seemed miraculous to me. I just can't imagine anyone doing better than Dr. Giri. His office staff have all been there for a long time and were obviously caring people.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Giri performed a lumbar spinal fusion surgery on me two years ago. The surgery has been completely successful and has changed my life for the better. Dr Giri is very knowledgeable and professional and easy to talk to. I highly recommend him for serious surgical cases.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Giri is an excellent neurologist. He completed surgery on my neck (C2 vertebrae), and I would not have chosen a different surgeon to do such an intricate surgery. Although the waiting time in the office is very long, Dr. Giri is great, and I would highly recommend him!
in Dallas, TX |
Doctor Giri is the best physician you can get to get the job done. I had a ACDF surgery on March 22, 2016 with complete success and not problems. I was given the best care advise every. I would trust him with all future neurology work on me, family, or friends. So, happy I found him.
in Sachse, TX |
Told me exactly what needed to be done with my back and all the possible complications from it but not to worry .I had a spinal fusion. The surgery went great and I seem to be well ahead of schedule. While sitting in waiting area talking to others who had surgery never heard one complaint about Dr Giri . If I had to start this process all over again . I would choose Dr Giri again. I could not have asked for better results.
in DeSoto. TX |
Everything was fantastic.DR Giri's fee was mainly paid by my insurance.i am a yeacher wjo doesnt make a lot so i owed him 930. wehwn i went to seek additional help j was told that before he saw me i wpuld habe to pay the remaining balance...Dont the Drs. already make a bunch.
in desoto |
Wonderful doctor ,pleased with the outcome of my surgery. He is always hurried so does do spend a lot of time explaining the alternatives or explaining your condition . I think my last visit was about 3 minutes.
Waited two hours to see the doctor!! He was great, took good care and time with my mother, just the office staff is horrible.
Have you seen Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Are you Dr. Giri?

Visit Dr. Giri

Dr. Giri accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Molina