Dr. Bala Giri, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Giri

Dr. Bala Giri, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Giri accepts

Dr. Giri accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Preferred PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Molina Healthcare
Molina
Principal Life
Travelers
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Giri's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giri

Dr. Giri?
Dr. Giri's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Bala Giri, MD
I was in a bad car wreck, and had multiple back fractures and a collapsed vertebra. It felt like he was there the whole time I was in the hospital. Surgery went great and now I'm healing great! 10 out of 10!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I had 4 herniated disk in my neck that was often very debilitating. I had so many issues and intense pain that was caused by my neck. I honestly felt less pain the day after surgery than I did before it. He was strait and to the point about what needed to be done. I have felt like a completely different person since having this surgery. Even my co-workers and family comment on the differences in my health. Thank you Dr. Giri for giving me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
WONDERFUL, Dr. Giri has performed neck and back surgery and I am finally out of excruciating pain. His warm bedside manner, always a smile on his face and his staff’s empathetic attitude toward patients makes him the perfect doctor for me. He explained everything the way I could understand it and let me ask countless questions. He was generally concerned about my welfare. I have already referred several friends and family and will continue doing so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr. was great. Office staff needs to be re-trained.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr Giri is.....ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! He is the BEST!! His bedside manner is outstanding and makes you feel like you are in the best hands ever!!! He definitely is one of a kind!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
From my first appointment with Dr. Giri it was obvious he is an expert in his field. His initial diagnosis proved spot-on when the diagnostic test results came in, and his treatment plan was explained to me in terms I could understand. Throughout the surgery and recovery process I never had even the slightest question or issue with Dr. Giri or any of his staff members. Also important to me.....he sees me in a timely manner at office visits. I'm 100% satisfied and highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr. Giri is extremely nice, and seems very qualified. After surgery my pain level increased, and he said I had extensive scar tissue. He always smiles and nods like a bobble head doll, and tells me everything is fine. He said scar tissue is causing pain, and it will go away in time. After seeing a second surgeon, I am going to have a spinal fusion and the scar tissue has to be cut out. Get a second opinion before you go for surgery. This surgery only made me hurt longer, and cost workers comp $.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Having been a Critical Care RN for 36 years, I found myself in need of an ACDF of C5-C6, C6-C7. Over the years I have worked with some excellent Neurosurgeons in the DFW area, but I had to go with who, in my opinion, was the very best. I chose Dr. Giri, and have been thrilled with my results 6 weeks postop. My severe neck pain and neuro deficits are gone...it's been a life changer! Dr. Giri is not only a highly skilled surgeon, but also a very kind, honest, compassionate man...love him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Yes I would like to leave a message for dr. Giri and his staff is one of the best surgeons I've ever had in my life I was down for 2 weeks and back up in less than a month I would recommend his practice to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Shakespeare couldn't write enough words to describe how appreciative I am of Dr. Giri, his NP Stephanie and his entire staff. From the moment he broke the bad news to me that I'd broken my neck and needed surgery, to the way his staff treated my family and his demeanor in post-ops. I have nothing but ?appreciation, respect and good things to say about them all. He made what was the scariest event in my life and put me at ease through it all. Thank you Dr. Giri for my second chance! Best, PAF
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr. Bala Giri is the best neurosurgeon and has to be truly sent from God. He is so patient and caring and will explain procedures in detail. I get the feeling that he really cares for your well-being and wants you to get well. I will continue to recommend him to others. One of my customers at work saw how I had improved after my lumbar fusion and wanted his name. People compliment me constantly on how straight I stand and walk better. Thank you a million times Dr. Giri, life is so much better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I liked Dr. Giri as soon as I met him. He was easy to talk to and about my condition and when asked, he explained my situation in detail in a manner I could easily understand. He showed me the pictures of my MRI and explained what was happening and gave me options for a course of treatment. I immediately chose the surgery because despite its complexity, it was still the best option for me. I would return to him or recommend him to any friend in need of his area of expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr Giri is a great doctor. He removed bone spurs on my spine that were pressing on my spinal cord, replaced a disc and performed a spinal fusion on my neck. After 20 years of having neck pain, Dr Giri fixed my neck with no pain at all after my surgery. Another doctor at a different spine center had wanted to do a double fusion and replace several discs. Dr Giri felt that was not necessary to give me quality of life. Staff was great to work with also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
There are very few Neurosurgeons that work with the Department of Labor for work injuries. We are so glad that we were referred to him. The office was very adapt at working through the red tape. My surgery was a success. I was released back to full duty within 6 months. Way better than anticipated. Thank you Dr. Giri.
I had cervical laminectomy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
After being injured on the job I went thru everything imaginable to relieve my back pain. On my 1st visit with Dr. Giri he explained what was causing my pain and how he could fix it. When we were finally given authorization we scheduled my surgery. The day of I was a little worried as most people said surgery won't work. Upon waking up I knew it was an instant success. No more pain! It has been a long road but we're getting there. Recommend him to everyone !! Thank you sir. Amazing Dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I can not express how wonderful Dr Giri and his team are to me. I experienced a brain tumor scare in 2012 and Dr. Giri performed an amazing Nasal Cranial Surgery with great success. I have been following up with him since then and still receive amazing care. I recommend him to my family and friends dealing with any neuro issues..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I am 100% satisfied with the outcome of my surgeries. Dr Giri is an exceptional neurosurgeon and extremely knowledgeable. I asked him to get me back to the gym, and I am happy to say he has done just that. I would recommend him to anyone needing back, neck, or any type of surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
January 17,2017 I had back pain from the time i was 18 yrs old. I went to see Dr Giri (at 38) and he was very descriptive and explained what my issues were. I dodged surgery for probably 10 years because I have never heard about it working. He was very confident for a positive result. I had a laminectomy on L4,L5,and S1. I had a TLIF on L4 and L5 also. I havent felt this good since i was 20.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I could not ask for a better Surgeon than Dr. Giri i am 69 years old and had to have a herniated disc removed from my neck. The surgery went as smooth as could be and I have not had any problems with pain in my shoulder and neck etc. i have herniated discs in my back and will be expecting another surgery soon. I have all the confidence in the world knowing that Dr. Giri will be taking care of it.He takes the time to listen to his patient and answer any questions that may arise
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Giri?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Giri treats patients.

Compare Providers