Dr. Bala Giri, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 52

Dr. Giri

Texas Neurology Spine Institute

1411 N Beckley Ave Ste 474 Dallas, TX 75203

Dr. Bala Giri, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Methodist Charlton Medical Center and Methodist Dallas Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Giri to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital Dallas, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Giri's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Giri's Top Procedures and Conditions

Herniated Disc

Dr. Giri treats Herniated Disc more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Giri treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Spine Deformities

Dr. Giri treats Spine Deformities more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Giri treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acrodysplasia Scoliosis
  • Scoliosis as Part of Neurofibromatosis
  • Scoliosis With Unilateral Unsegmented Bar
  • Spinal Instability
  • Split Spinal Cord Malformation
Hide other areas of care
Intervertebral Disc Disease

• Craniopharyngioma
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Giri accepts

Dr. Giri accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Preferred PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Molina Healthcare
Worker's Compensation WC

Dr. Giri's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giri

Dr. Giri

Dr Giri is honest and will not push surgery but he gave me all the facts, answered all my questions. The surgery was my decision. I had some fears but he explained every stage and the day of surgery I was completely at ease. Dr Giri cares about his patients.
Jerry G – Oct 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I am fortunate to have been referred to Dr Bala K Giri over 15 years ago for acute cervical pain. MRIs revealed several serious issues, but we mutually agreed to monitor and try a series of less invasive therapies and treatments. At the end of the long road, I ran out of options when I developed severe neurological symptoms. He had to perform a 4 level C3-C7 fusion using anterior and posterior approaches, an 8 hour long, complicated surgery. This has proven to be life altering for me. Perhaps this sounds a bit dramatic, but not far from the truth, Dr Giri essentially gave me my life back and I am now free of the pain that dominated my life for so many years. I feel so fortunate to have found in Dr Giri a surgeon who worked with me over so many years with superb skill, uncommon kindness and deep compassion. These are all rare qualities to find in one human being and Dr Giri has been blessed with them all. If you are reading this I know you are considering options. Good Luck!
SK – Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I first went to see Dr. Giri six years ago due to sciatica pain. He suggested that I try therapy and other avenues before discussing surgery. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and did everything I could to avoid surgery. I tried therapy, a couple of different shots, chiropractor, neurologists and even acupuncture without any relief. I had sciatica pain all the time and then my legs starting to go numb. My MRI was now showing that it had become severe and so I went back to Dr. Giri. He performed a lumber laminectomy with fusion in Feb. and it was the best decision that I made. It has now been six months and I am so extremely pleased with the results. How I wish I had done this sooner. Dr. Giri is the best and I owe my life to him for I am able to walk without pain and do many of the things that I was not able to do. I am still healing but so happy to have my life back. If you are contemplating surgery, stop thinking about it and have the best neurosurgeon, Dr Giri do it!
Gloria A. Garcia – Sep 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr Giri was beyond amazing. I’ve never been hurt before so the whole situation was pretty terrifying. He could not have possibly made me feel more at ease. The surgery went perfect and my recovery has been easy as can be. I would definitely recommend him to anyone and everyone i know.
Dusty Robison – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr. Giri is awesome. He had to do brain surgery on me 10 years ago. It was all last minute. He was very professional and kind and compassionate. At the hospital I saw him everyday, and always answered all my questions. I go see him yearly for follow ups, and today released me. I recommend him to any one i know who needs a neurosurgeon. Thank you Dr. Giri for taking such good care of me. My family loved him as well.
Hanna Smith – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I was in a bad car wreck, and had multiple back fractures and a collapsed vertebra. It felt like he was there the whole time I was in the hospital. Surgery went great and now I'm healing great! 10 out of 10!
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I had 4 herniated disk in my neck that was often very debilitating. I had so many issues and intense pain that was caused by my neck. I honestly felt less pain the day after surgery than I did before it. He was strait and to the point about what needed to be done. I have felt like a completely different person since having this surgery. Even my co-workers and family comment on the differences in my health. Thank you Dr. Giri for giving me my life back.
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
WONDERFUL, Dr. Giri has performed neck and back surgery and I am finally out of excruciating pain. His warm bedside manner, always a smile on his face and his staff’s empathetic attitude toward patients makes him the perfect doctor for me. He explained everything the way I could understand it and let me ask countless questions. He was generally concerned about my welfare. I have already referred several friends and family and will continue doing so.
Christine in DUNCANVILLE, TX – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr. was great. Office staff needs to be re-trained.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
DUNCANVILLE – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr Giri is.....ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! He is the BEST!! His bedside manner is outstanding and makes you feel like you are in the best hands ever!!! He definitely is one of a kind!!!
Debra T in Hurst – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
From my first appointment with Dr. Giri it was obvious he is an expert in his field. His initial diagnosis proved spot-on when the diagnostic test results came in, and his treatment plan was explained to me in terms I could understand. Throughout the surgery and recovery process I never had even the slightest question or issue with Dr. Giri or any of his staff members. Also important to me.....he sees me in a timely manner at office visits. I'm 100% satisfied and highly recommend him.
Charlie B. in Cedar Hill, TX – Jul 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr. Giri is extremely nice, and seems very qualified. After surgery my pain level increased, and he said I had extensive scar tissue. He always smiles and nods like a bobble head doll, and tells me everything is fine. He said scar tissue is causing pain, and it will go away in time. After seeing a second surgeon, I am going to have a spinal fusion and the scar tissue has to be cut out. Get a second opinion before you go for surgery. This surgery only made me hurt longer, and cost workers comp $.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
J.M. in Arlington, TX – Jul 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Having been a Critical Care RN for 36 years, I found myself in need of an ACDF of C5-C6, C6-C7. Over the years I have worked with some excellent Neurosurgeons in the DFW area, but I had to go with who, in my opinion, was the very best. I chose Dr. Giri, and have been thrilled with my results 6 weeks postop. My severe neck pain and neuro deficits are gone...it's been a life changer! Dr. Giri is not only a highly skilled surgeon, but also a very kind, honest, compassionate man...love him!
Teresa Campbell in Granbury, TX – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Yes I would like to leave a message for dr. Giri and his staff is one of the best surgeons I've ever had in my life I was down for 2 weeks and back up in less than a month I would recommend his practice to anyone
Jonathan hendricks in Duncanville, TX – Jun 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Shakespeare couldn't write enough words to describe how appreciative I am of Dr. Giri, his NP Stephanie and his entire staff. From the moment he broke the bad news to me that I'd broken my neck and needed surgery, to the way his staff treated my family and his demeanor in post-ops. I have nothing but ?appreciation, respect and good things to say about them all. He made what was the scariest event in my life and put me at ease through it all. Thank you Dr. Giri for my second chance! Best, PAF
PFogiel in Dallas, TX – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr. Bala Giri is the best neurosurgeon and has to be truly sent from God. He is so patient and caring and will explain procedures in detail. I get the feeling that he really cares for your well-being and wants you to get well. I will continue to recommend him to others. One of my customers at work saw how I had improved after my lumbar fusion and wanted his name. People compliment me constantly on how straight I stand and walk better. Thank you a million times Dr. Giri, life is so much better.
Deborah Gipson in Dallas, TX – Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
I liked Dr. Giri as soon as I met him. He was easy to talk to and about my condition and when asked, he explained my situation in detail in a manner I could easily understand. He showed me the pictures of my MRI and explained what was happening and gave me options for a course of treatment. I immediately chose the surgery because despite its complexity, it was still the best option for me. I would return to him or recommend him to any friend in need of his area of expertise.
Bob Slaydon in Midlothian, TX – Feb 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
Dr Giri is a great doctor. He removed bone spurs on my spine that were pressing on my spinal cord, replaced a disc and performed a spinal fusion on my neck. After 20 years of having neck pain, Dr Giri fixed my neck with no pain at all after my surgery. Another doctor at a different spine center had wanted to do a double fusion and replace several discs. Dr Giri felt that was not necessary to give me quality of life. Staff was great to work with also.
Vickie Johnson in Flower Mound, Texas – Dec 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?
There are very few Neurosurgeons that work with the Department of Labor for work injuries. We are so glad that we were referred to him. The office was very adapt at working through the red tape. My surgery was a success. I was released back to full duty within 6 months. Way better than anticipated. Thank you Dr. Giri.
Donald in Larue – Dec 20, 2017
I had cervical laminectomy
David in Grand Prairie, TX – Sep 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bala Giri, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giri?
Provider explaining information to patient