Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Baher Yanni, MD
Dr. Yanni is a leader amongst his peers as a least invasive spine specialist. He is fellowship trained and double board certified in Anesthesia and Interventional Pain Medicine Physician. His patients often write reviews about his thorough compassionate care and bedside manner. Currently, he is the President and Medical Director of the Spine Institute Of North America, a practice with offices throughout New Jersey. Dr. Yanni's goals are to provide cutting-edge least invasive procedures to alleviate pain, restore function and return people to their work and active lifestyle. Although he treats all types of acute and chronic pain, his true passion is endoscopic spine, a least invasive subspecialty shown to be an excellent alternative to open back surgery with little down time, less post-operative pain, faster return to work and excellent patient satisfaction. Education: Dr. Yanni completed medical school at Cairo University School of Medicine, where he graduated with highest honors. He then moved to Los Angeles to join the department of surgery for a post-doctoral fellowship in surgery at the UCLA School of Medicine. After his post-doctoral fellowship, he completed a surgical internship where he rotated through multiple surgical specialties including neurosurgery. He finished his Anesthesia residency in the top 5% of his peers at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ). To complete his formal training, Dr. Yanni completed a comprehensive fellowship in Interventional Pain Management at the New Jersey Pain Institute. Leadership/Research Amongst His Peers: Dr. Yanni is a leader in least invasive spine procedures and currently serves as an educational leader on the teaching panels for Richard Wolf Medical and St. Jude Medical. On these panels, he teaches other physicians techniques for endoscopic spine surgery and spinal cord and DRG stimulators. These techniques are effective least invasive solutions for patients suffering from chronic neck, Dr. Yanni is a spine specialist, fellowship trained and double board certified in Anesthesia and Interventional Pain Medicine Physician. back, leg and knee pain. Dr. Yanni has conducted significant research in the areas of enhancing the safety of pain procedures as well as developing less invasive pain treatment technologies. Dr. Yanni continues to attend both domestic and international seminars to maintain and continue to develop his position as an innovator and leader in the field of least invasive spine and pain management. Such course work includes: The 52nd International Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Symposium in Seoul, South Korea The first World Congress of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in Hawaii St. Anna Hospital in Herne, Germany Numerous additional Spinal Endoscopy Seminar Series Scope of Practice: His interests include the treatment of chronic musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, sports injuries, neck and spinal disorders, cancer pain, complex regional pain syndrome (reflex sympathetic dystrophy), post-herpetic neuralgia (shingles), and many other acute and chronic pain syndromes. He utilizes a multi-modal approach combining least invasive fluoroscopic and ultrasound-guided interventions with targeted medical therapies. In his years of practice, Dr. Yanni has helped countless individuals get back to living pain-free lives. He feels that the most gratifying aspect of his job is to facilitate functional restoration and a return to an active lifestyle.

300 Princeton Hightstown Rd # 202

East Windsor, NJ 08520

• Amerihealth
  • EmblemHealth
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Yanni

I feel that as a physician, patients look to me for the best possible treatment and advisement I can give them. I treat each patient as if they were a member of my family. I take the time to listen to thier concerns and address thier issues on a case by case basis. Together we will discuss treatment options and come to a plan that will work best for the individual; therefore, reaching the optimal results.

Dr. Yanni's Experience

Dr. Yanni's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Autonomic Disorders
  • Discogenic Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pelvic Fracture

• Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Lumbar Facet Joint Injection
  • Lumbar Medial Branch Radiofrequency Neurotomy
  • Lumbar Selective Nerve Root Block
  • Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Rhizotomy
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Chaminade College Prep
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Bani Swief Branch, University Of Cairo, University Of Cairo, Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • Robert Wood Johnson UMDNJ
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of California At Irvine / California College Of Medicine & Surgery
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Dr. Yanni has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic, Egyptian

Dr. Yanni does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yanni and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yanni's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yanni to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Yanni Says:

At The Spine Institute of North America we pride ourselves in always listening to our patients and providing them with solutions to their painful spine conditions.  We welcome your feedback and any concerns you may have.  We are continuously improving the care we deliver to our patients.

Dr. Yanni's Performance
in SOUTH RIVER NJ |
DR YANNI came HIGHLY recommended !! He squeezed me in. He was very kind and you can see he cared I was in EXTREME neck pain! Sent me right away for MRI !! After results the same day he went the extra mile to send me to the proper Doctor to get this taken care of !!! I am so very THANKFUL FOR YOU !!!! AND your OFFICE STAFF was FANTASTIC ????
in Trenton, NJ |
I was delirious in pain the first time I met Dr. Yanni. He sat and looked in my eyes while he spoke to me as he ascertained what was going on with me. He ordered a stat MRI which his staff got approved in 15 minutes and then made an appointment for me to have it done the following day. My case has been difficult and I have been taken excellent care of by Dr. Yanni and his staff. I know I am in the best hands. Dr. Yanni is simply the best.
in Woodbury, NJ |
I was in an auto accident and experiencing back pain and headaches. The plan was to put 2 shots in my neck a month apart. I had the first one in September 2016. Since the first injection, the doctor has CANCELLED his monthly injections in Mullica Hill, a day or so due to not having enough patients to warrant coming down from Princeton, NJ. This morning I went to Mullica Hill and was told it was cancelled again. I need a doctor who cares about patients , not just money.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
I've been working with Dr Yanni for over 5 years. He has diagnosist, recommend&administered procedures, recommend alternatives, and help me through my neck and back pain. We have been treating L4-L5, and S1/S2 with physical therapy, medications, appropriate mri's, epidurals and rf ablation. We have also treated C3-C4 issues. Doctor Yanni is caring, thorough, meticulous, and creative. I have tried alternative providers and not found them as thorough,trustworthy or as well trained,or compassionate
in Princeton, NJ |
I waited in his office for over two hours! The first hour was spent in his waiting room (which was packed) and the next was spent in the patient room. As I get ready to leave, the staff rushes to the doctors office to tell him he has patients waiting. To my astonishment, he continues to laugh and talk to the other doctor for 10 minutes as I'm sitting outside my room ready to leave. After he finally comes in, he basically tries pushing me into getting an injection, which haven't helped before!!
in Monroe Township, NJ |
several years I was looking for a new pain management doctor, the pain in my hip was really effecting my quality of life. Then one day my wife saw Dr Yanni's commercial on TV and so I made an appointment, my first visit to Dr,Yanni and all of the many to follow were the same fantastic. Last week I finally had hip replacement surgery by Princeton Bone & Joint I was referred by Dr Y I love this caring gentle man. MR
in Monroe Township, NJ |
Dr. Yanni is an amazing doctor; he cares about his patients and responds to them timely. Now I?m pain free after crying from the pain.. THANK YOU!! I would highly recommend him
in Forked River, NJ |
Tomorrow 5/28/16 will be 1 year since my neuro stim implant by De. Yanni for R S D that I have been suffering with for over 9 years in my right foot. If not for him, I would not be doing things that I am doing today. Enjoying Life pain free! He gave me my life back. If you are dealing with any kind of pain, please call and meet with Dr. Yanni and discuss your options. There is no reason to live in pain.
in Langhorne, PA |
Dr. Yanni is one of the most kind and caring physicians. On top of being extremely knowledgeable regarding different pain and treatment, he puts his heart in treating patients, which makes you feel that you are in good hands. I would recommend him to anyone who has a difficult and chronic problem with pain, as he will make sure you are safe, and will try his best to find the treatment that works best for each individual.
in Edison NJ |
Dr. Yanni has been the Best pain management Doctor I have had. He has been Attentive & successful at treating my pain. The staff has been Exceptionally personalable and helpful. I would refer anyone in pain to make appointment.
in Monroe Township, NJ |
Moving to a new area especially with chronic pain is difficult. My first appointment with Dr. Yanni happened to be on an exceptionally busy day. I knew he had a procedure he was finishing up and other patients to see, but he made sure he learned my past history and all forms of pain relief I tried as well answering all our questions. Over several months, Dr. Yanni, my husband and I chose the treatment options and upcoming surgery that is Optimal for Me. Thank you, Dr. Yanni, Christina & staff!!
in South River, NJ |
When I went to see Dr. Yanni, I had so much pain in my back and leg it was unbearable. I couldn't sit, stand or sleep. I lived on aleve, ibuprofen and something to sleep at night for years. I tried chiropractor(s), acupuncture and anything else I could. Went to see Dr Yanni and I'm happy to say I have no pain now. Dr. Yanni is truly amazing. I can now go through my day without any pain at all !!!
Have you seen Dr. Baher Yanni, MD?
Are you Dr. Yanni?