Dr. Azam Shamani, MD

Dr. Azam Shamani, MD

Family Medicine  |
Female
Dr. Azam Shamani, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. She has been practicing for 22 years. Read her story

5555 Reservoir Dr Ste 312

• Health Net
  • International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

Learn about Dr. Shamani

Dr. Shamani's Experience

Dr. Shamani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Shamani's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shamani "I became a physician due to an early event in my lifetime of a misdiagnosis. Upon going through that experience I have instilled into myself as a person to be as clear and concise as I possibly can. so all people involved understand what is going on or the action plan that needs to happen. My awards and achievements: Certification of special congressional Recognition of outstanding and in valuable service to the community in Kern County given by Kevin Mc Corty Congressman, 2009 Award of Recognition of outstanding volunteer work in Public Health Department by Senator Ash Burn. (April, 2009) Award of recognition (poetry Club of Los Angeles) (Oct, 2006) Physician's Plaque of Honor (Outstanding and Tireless Devotion in Primary Care in the Refugee Camps during the war years) Member of Iranian- American Professional Network to support Green revolution In Iran OB-GYN board certified from Tehran University of Medical Sciences "

This content was provided by Dr. Shamani "I believe that the Patient-to-Physician relationship is key to having better health outcomes. With our team work and integration to your health; making almost any change is possible.

My first focus is understanding my patient's concerns by listening beyond the words spoken. That helps me to recognize what is unique about each patient and how their care can be delivered effectively.

I am trying to be a student of life learning from my experiences so to make myself a better person and provider. I am able bring to the table a whole panel of different services to my patients.

I believe a health lives on both the inside and the outside of our beings. I focus on the whole person, not just the indication or Chronic Illness. I try to get my patients to a point of sound mind and body; so they can focus on their "Self" to gain the confidence in their health and their bodies."

• Dermatology

• Rash
  • Ringworm
  • Seborrheic Keratosis
  • Second-Degree Burns
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles

• Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Weight Loss Management
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for California.

• Tehran University Of Medical Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Kern Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University California Irvine Medical Center
  • Cosmetic Injection and Skin Laser Cosmatic Approach
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Dr. Shamani has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Shamani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shamani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shamani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shamani to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Shamani's Performance
San Diego, CA |
WORST DOCTOR I'VE EVER VISITED! If you take your health seriously- stay away from her. Unfortunately, I had to visit her twice. At both times the waiting reached almost TWO HOURS. If that's not enough, when she finally arrived to the clinic and apologized for the waiting, I naively said "it's ok, your staff told me you're stuck on the road behind an accident" she laughed and replied "oh no no, that's just what I told them to say because it sounds better" (?!?!?!!?) NOT RECOMMENDED.
in San Diego California |
MManning San Diego . Dr. Shamani is a physician like the 'old school' doctors who gave you their personal attention .She speaks to the patient and finds out all about them .Her office staff are excellent she is not overbooked,so she has time for each patient .Obviously Dr. Shamani cares about her patients.She personally supervises prior authorization of prescriptions and explains generic versions .Thank you Dr. Shamani for caring.A physician with a true vocation to helping the sick.Refreshing .
in San Diego |
I visited Dr. Shamani after the life changing experience of my retitement . My husband and I were ignorant and scared regarding our health insurance. The PPO was gone ,with a vastly lower insurance I did the research and prayed. Dr. Shamani was welcoming , reassuring , personable and took extra time to alleviate our fears as we were new patients. No PA's Dr. Shamani gives you her time and expertiese . Her staff reflect her warm personality and kindness. I highly recommend Dr. Shamani.
San Diego, CA |
Office is a little outdated and there is only one table for female exams. Times after that, I felt rushed and that she did not have time for me. She leaves the patient's information out in the open. Came to find out, my information was entered incorrectly, I was mistakenly diagnosed with another patient, I have proof stating so. Hope the right patient gets her letter of diagnosis and treatments. Dr and staff did not follow up with me after I called and told her this incident last week.
El Cajon, CA |
If I could give 0 stars I would. Do yourself a favor and avoid this doctor's office at all cost. The front office staff alone is a joke. I just got stuck with a $200 invoice because apparently after seeing her four times within a month they decided that now they don't take my insurance. What I don't understand is how something like this can happen. Shouldn't the insurance get verified from the office before appointments are made and procedures are done? DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY
in San Diego, CA |
Nice person, poorly run practice. Not organized, fails to return calls, gives out wrong information. Cant think of any business where that would be acceptable, but in the healthcare field can endanger patients and cost them time and money. Staff members give conflicting information which they blame on one another. Held on to Temporary disability application for 2 weeks after being told was submitted was supposed to be called back with resolution which they never did. Forced to find another Dr.
in San Diego, CA |
They wasted my time, telling me i have to pay half my deductible upfront as my office visit copay specifies $25... They said they have a hard time collecting from insurance companies... I specified which insurance type and plan i had through ZocDoc, so there should have either declined the appt. or stated this policy upfront instead of wasting hours of my time.
Have you seen Dr. Azam Shamani, MD?
Are you Dr. Shamani?