Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD

Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Female

Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Long Beach, CA and has been practicing for 17 years. She specializes in neurosurgery and neurological spine surgery.Read her story

MemorialCare Medical Group

3828 Schaufele Ave Ste 200

Long Beach, CA 90808

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Farin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Farin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Bone Disorders

Dr. Farin treats Bone Disorders more than 40% of her peers

Dr. Farin treats this condition more than 40% of her peers

Spine Disorders

Dr. Farin treats Spine Disorders more than 38% of her peers

Dr. Farin treats this condition more than 38% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Arthritis of the Spine
  • Degenerative Spine Diseases
  • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine
  • Pediatric Spinal Tumor
  • Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

I became a neurosurgeon because I want to remedy the significant problems our patients face, most of which are serious enough to threaten their quality of life and sometimes their lives. Our patients often face disorders that dramatically impact thei...

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Farin?
Dr. Farin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Extremely professional and caring. Followed through with everything she said she'd do. PA's, nurses and scheduling staff are second to none.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Dr. Farin just performed spinal chord stimulator implant surgery on me. Fantastic results. After only 5 weeks subsequent to the surgery, my pain has been reduced over 50% form arachnoiditis, and I have been able to reduce my pain med intake (methadone) by 10% and counting. She’s a wonderful, extremely competent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
She is always attentive informative and kind I’m thankful and grateful for her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Even though it took me a while to follow up on an important MRI result, Dr. Farin still showed compassion to me; she has a mother-like personality. As a result, I was confident in telling her what has been going on and asking questions comfortably. She doesn't drag on the conversation in regards to important information, details, logistics, etc. and speaks to you in a concise manner. I will trust her again like I did the first time on May 3rd 2016. The office and restroom was clean too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
She is a great doctor she answers all your questions and helps you understand
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Dr. Farin takes time talking with you and went over my recent MRI. She spends ample time with you and answers any question you might have. Tells it like it is which I appreciate. Office staff are GREAT!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
She is courteous, caring, thorough and, I believe, supremely competent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Accommodating office staff that works to inform patients promptly of schedule change. Dr. Farin provides answers to patients concerns and questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Dr Farin did spinal surgery for me about 3 weeks ago and the pain is almost gone . She is a very caring doctor and I would recommend her to anyone who needed surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
After avoiding surgery for many years, the pain was reaching the point where I had to do something. I received one diagnosis that called for extensive fusing of several vertebrae in my lower back with a six month recovery period. I was referred to Dr Farin for a second opinion. She said that she thought she could relieve about 80% of the pain with minimal surgery and recovery time.. On July 6, 2017 she performed the surgery an the pain was immediately relieved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
I saw Dr. Farin after a year of debilitating lower back pain. I tried everything to avoid surgery but in the end it was what was necessary. Dr. Farin literally gave me my life back. Without her skillful hands I would not be on the road to better health. Her concern for me and the quality of my life was paramount and she and her staff took wonderful care of me. I had a discectomy and laminectomy of L4-L5 and after six months feel great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
In March 2017 I was diagnosed with a spinal cord tumor in the foramen magnum, the part of your skull that is most difficult to reach. I was terrified, but I was able to put my faith in Dr Farin. This is because she is informative, confident and very skilled. My surgery was successful and the tumor benign. When I woke up from surgery, it was Dr Farin I saw first and she said to me " I got it all and it's benign" , she was smiling. A very skilled neurosurgeon, and a loving and caring person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Dr Farin is easy to talk to and very willing to listen. She is extremely thorough in her explanations and answers all your questions. I had a cervical spine fusion and I was only in the hospital for 24 hours. Her PA and office nurse are very well trained and they all work well as a team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
My wife and I were blessed the day we met Dr. Farin and her team! I was diagnosed with cancer in 2014 and needed a neurosurgeon to perform head & neck fusion surgery ASAP or risk paralysis. I chose Dr. Farin and firmly believe she saved my life! From my first visit to my most recent one, Dr. Farin remains patient, thorough and dedicated to my care. The compassion she shows to not only her patients but their families in what can only be described as the worst time of their lives, is amazing!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Dr. Azadeh Farin is above and beyond the best brain surgeon, she is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person, and a truly outstanding doctor. She will make sure her patient gets the best care available even after surgery by following up with best radiologists and oncologists. She saved my mother life and give her a quality of life. My mother was diagnostic with Grade 3 brain tumor. Dr. Azadeh Farin and her staff (Dr. Murphy, Dr Kim, Misha) are amazingly knowledgeable and skilled
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
When I arrived at Long Beach Memorial Hospital by ambulance, I was in the worst pain in my life.    I had been bedridden for four weeks due to what had been diagnosed as an L4-L5 herniated disc.   After dealing with other issues that I had developed while I had been bedridden, Dr. Farin, with P.A. Murphy assisting, performed surgery to repair the disc and relieve the pressure on my sciatic nerve. The next morning, I got out of my hospital bed and stood, and felt no pain whatsoever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Dr. Farin did emergency surgery on my back due to a tumor which caused one leg to be paralyzed. She was excellent an excellent surgeon. She was straight forward regarding what she needed to do & the risks involved. She gave me strength when times were hard & informed me of different treatments that I needed. After a year, I am walking without equipment. She and Dr. Cerverha (her partner & 1st asst on surgery) I credit providing excellent care so that I recovered after a major back surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
I was so fortunate that Dr Farin was brought onto my case. She not only saved me from the pain but my ability to walk. She listened to me and made me feel at ease. I'm so grateful to her. I can not forget her Asst Dr Murphy he has the best spirit and helped me through my hospital stay.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
I've had the privilege of working with a variety of ortho/neurosurgeons across the US and being on the surgical team with Dr.Farin was such a pleasure!!! Not only is he a great person outside of his work, but he also fulfills the moral obligation of being a great medical leader. Highly recommend his services...
Great doctor.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Farin?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Anthem Blue Cross
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Shield of California
Health Net
Tricare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Farin treats patients.