Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD

Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Female

Dr. Azadeh Farin is a fellowship-trained and Board-certified neurosurgeon with experience in a wide range of neurosurgical procedures. She is proud to be among only 200 female neurosurgeons in the US. After graduating as high school valedictorian from her class of 700 students, Dr. Farin attended Yale University, where she double-majored in Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry and Economics. She served as Chair of the Yale Political Union's Independent Party and graduated from Yale with Honors after three years. Azadeh then won the title of Miss Greater Los Angeles USA and was a Finalist at the Miss California USA Pageant. Azadeh then worked at McKinsey & Co., an international management consulting firm, travelling worldwide to develop corporate strategy for CEOs. She earned her MD from UCSD, where she won the Whipple Memorial Endowed Scholarship and presented her research nationally. Her research continued at Columbia University where she investigated brain tumor growth patterns and established a model for testing anti-tumor drugs. Her research earned her lead authorship of the cover article for a major publication. She completed her internship in General Surgery and residency in Neurosurgery at USC. She was the first woman in over 25 years to graduate from USC Neurosurgery. She served as Clinical Instructor of Neurosurgery at Keck School of Medicine at USC and LA County-USC Medical Center. Dr. Farin completed a fellowship in complex spine surgery and spinal deformity/tumors at UCSF, receiving the Congress of Neurological Surgeons Spine Research Award, granted to only one fellow in the US. In 2010, Dr. Farin won the Avicenna Award of Excellence. She has guest reviewed for the journal Neurosurgery and consulted for Grey's Anatomy. She was recently granted a full patent by the US Patent and Trademark Office for her spinal device invention. Dr. Farin has published several dozen manuscripts, articles, and book chapters and is on staff at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. Outside the hospital, she enjoys spending time with her husband, James, a prominent litigation attorney in Los Angeles, and their three children all under age 3.

MemorialCare Medical Group

3828 Schaufele Ave Ste 340

Long Beach, CA 90808

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Farin

I became a neurosurgeon because I want to remedy the significant problems our patients face, most of which are serious enough to threaten their quality of life and sometimes their lives. Our patients often face disorders that dramatically impact their daily lives; to the extent that I can help alleviate the strain their disorders have imposed on them, I am satisfied. I aim to restore and improve my patients? quality of life.

Dr. Farin's Experience

Dr. Farin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis

• Brain Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Yale University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of Southern California Los Angeles
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Columbia University Department Of Neurological Surgery, New York, Ny
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Olympia Medical Center and Tower Neurosurgical Spine Institute, Los Angeles, Ca
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University of California At San Francisco
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Farin has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Farin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Farin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Farin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Farin to family and friends
Dr. Farin's Performance
in Long Beach, CA |
I saw Dr. Farin after a year of debilitating lower back pain. I tried everything to avoid surgery but in the end it was what was necessary. Dr. Farin literally gave me my life back. Without her skillful hands I would not be on the road to better health. Her concern for me and the quality of my life was paramount and she and her staff took wonderful care of me. I had a discectomy and laminectomy of L4-L5 and after six months feel great!
in Long Beach, CA |
In March 2017 I was diagnosed with a spinal cord tumor in the foramen magnum, the part of your skull that is most difficult to reach. I was terrified, but I was able to put my faith in Dr Farin. This is because she is informative, confident and very skilled. My surgery was successful and the tumor benign. When I woke up from surgery, it was Dr Farin I saw first and she said to me " I got it all and it's benign" , she was smiling. A very skilled neurosurgeon, and a loving and caring person.
in Seal Beach, CA |
Dr Farin is easy to talk to and very willing to listen. She is extremely thorough in her explanations and answers all your questions. I had a cervical spine fusion and I was only in the hospital for 24 hours. Her PA and office nurse are very well trained and they all work well as a team.
in Cypress, CA |
My wife and I were blessed the day we met Dr. Farin and her team! I was diagnosed with cancer in 2014 and needed a neurosurgeon to perform head & neck fusion surgery ASAP or risk paralysis. I chose Dr. Farin and firmly believe she saved my life! From my first visit to my most recent one, Dr. Farin remains patient, thorough and dedicated to my care. The compassion she shows to not only her patients but their families in what can only be described as the worst time of their lives, is amazing!!
in CHANDLER |
Dr. Azadeh Farin is above and beyond the best brain surgeon, she is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person, and a truly outstanding doctor. She will make sure her patient gets the best care available even after surgery by following up with best radiologists and oncologists. She saved my mother life and give her a quality of life. My mother was diagnostic with Grade 3 brain tumor. Dr. Azadeh Farin and her staff (Dr. Murphy, Dr Kim, Misha) are amazingly knowledgeable and skilled
in San Clemente, CA |
When I arrived at Long Beach Memorial Hospital by ambulance, I was in the worst pain in my life.    I had been bedridden for four weeks due to what had been diagnosed as an L4-L5 herniated disc.   After dealing with other issues that I had developed while I had been bedridden, Dr. Farin, with P.A. Murphy assisting, performed surgery to repair the disc and relieve the pressure on my sciatic nerve. The next morning, I got out of my hospital bed and stood, and felt no pain whatsoever.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Farin did emergency surgery on my back due to a tumor which caused one leg to be paralyzed. She was excellent an excellent surgeon. She was straight forward regarding what she needed to do & the risks involved. She gave me strength when times were hard & informed me of different treatments that I needed. After a year, I am walking without equipment. She and Dr. Cerverha (her partner & 1st asst on surgery) I credit providing excellent care so that I recovered after a major back surgery.
in Bellflower, CA |
I was so fortunate that Dr Farin was brought onto my case. She not only saved me from the pain but my ability to walk. She listened to me and made me feel at ease. I'm so grateful to her. I can not forget her Asst Dr Murphy he has the best spirit and helped me through my hospital stay.
in Atlanta, GA |
I've had the privilege of working with a variety of ortho/neurosurgeons across the US and being on the surgical team with Dr.Farin was such a pleasure!!! Not only is he a great person outside of his work, but he also fulfills the moral obligation of being a great medical leader. Highly recommend his services...
in Norwalk, CA |
Great doctor.
in Westminster, CA |
Dr Farin is one of the most effiecent and careing doctors I have ever been to. This was my third back surgery and not only was it the only successful surgery. She gave me confidence and a sense of wellbeing. I would highly recommend her to anyone that needs back surgery. She is very competent and her staff is exceptional as well. The aftercare was superb . If every doctor was like her we would have a fantastic healthcare system.
Have you seen Dr. Azadeh Farin, MD?
Are you Dr. Farin?

Visit Dr. Farin

Dr. Farin accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem Blue Cross