Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 56

Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital

800 Kirnwood Dr Desoto, TX 75115

(877) 510-1909

Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Desoto, TX. Dr. Abraham has more experience with Addiction & Substance Abuse and Psychotic Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Abraham to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Abraham

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Abraham treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Abraham treats other conditions, please contact the office at (877) 510-1909.

Addiction & Substance Abuse

Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other Addiction & Substance Abuse specialists.

Dr. Abraham is experienced in the area of Addiction & Substance Abuse. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Dr. Abraham is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Dr. Abraham's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Abraham accepts

(877) 510-1909

Dr. Abraham accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Abraham's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abraham

3.0

Dr. Abraham?
  • Office environment (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (16)
  • Explained conditions well (16)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (9)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
I am very disappointed. I have searched and searched for the right psychiatrist for my 10 year old son. I thought I found it, but I was wrong. I made an appointment to see Dr. Abraham specifically. I began to receive appointment reminders that had another doctors name attached. I tried to call the practice on several occasions to see why my son was schedule with a different doctor. Each time I called there was no answer and the voicemail was full so I could not leave a message. When I finally got someone on the line I was informed that the doctor they assigned to my son was the practitioner. I did not scheduled the appointment with the practitioner. I was not told when I scheduled the appointment that it would be with the practitioner. The practitioner is not who I want. I was finally informed that Dr. Abraham did not have availability until August which was 5 months away. A total waste of time.
Mar 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
The most horrible experience ever. Had my appt. 4 days ago. I am on medication that should not be stopped abruptly and she has still not sent my script in and will not answer phone calls. She is cruel and evil. doing this to patients intentionally
  • Long wait times
Sadie Denning – Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
Office staff never answers nor returns voicemails.
Oct 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
HORRIBLE! Staff is extremely rude. The doctor has never met with us even though requested, only the assistant will see us. Medication prescribed is not working, assistant refuses to try alternative medication. They really do not care about their patients here.
Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
I experience superior service whenever I visit Dr. Abrahams’ office. I’ve been a client for over a year and beyond satisfied with my treatment. He and his NP Raven are very knowledgeable, caring professionals who make me feel welcomed every time. Thank you so kindly for your expertise and medical advice. I recommend anyone to come here for all of your mental health needs.
Ms. Snowden – May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
I had my first visit there and it was great everyone was so nice and professional Dr Abraham is amazing doctor highly recommend!
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
Dr. Abraham took his time to properly assess me during our consultation. He made me feel comfortable in seeking psychiatric help instead of ashamed. I trust that while in his care I can finally make the changes necessary to make some real progress in my life. Thank You Dr. Abraham!
Veronica – May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
Awful office management. I was supposed have an appointment the day after I got back to TX but unfortunately was unable to make it due to a meeting that I had scheduled. I called and left a message saying I needed to cancel. I got a call back a couple days later (they left a message) asking me to reschedule. I called the same number they told me to call and left a message, never heard back. 3 days later I called again, left a message, again nothing. Then I started calling daily for 4 days, again nothing. I had picked up my rx for the end of January into February and was told that this next refill will need dr. approval, to which I AGAIN tried calling for said approval, again to which no answer. And of course when I call insurance concierge they're able to get through to the dr and they said I wasnt calling the right number and they tried calling me and left messages (which I never got). On top of that, no diagnosis was ever given for me, just meds. The appointments felt rushed.
Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
Been visiting this office for a little over six months now. I've never seen a healthcare provider with so much understanding. The NP Raven really took her time to help create a plan just for me. I've been able to make life changes I never knew I could make.
Jessica – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
DO NOT GO TO THAT OFFICE! Unprofessional, condescending, insensitive! The doctor's assistant stated upfront that we were not a good fit because we had questions about their pay system. Our child is on medicaid from the State. So we were not obligated to pay for his visit. But, they still wanted our credit card information. We went ahead and agreed to give our information and then the assistant stated that we were disruptive and was not a good fit for them because we wanted to know the reason we would have to provide a cc. If we hadn't given our cc information we were told that my son wouldn't be seen (they still refused to see). Nonetheless, there was a Caucasian lady and her children sitting down from us who stated that she didn't sign the cc form, but they asked her to go ahead and come back to be seen. We informed the office manager and assistant how discriminating to see one patient and not the other regarding the same issue. The assistant refused to hear us out and talked over us.
  • Long wait times
Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
I enjoyed learning about my illness and all time Raven took explaining to me my medications. She is kind and listens
KK – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
The best in the business! I've been to several doctors in the dfw area & none have been able to help me like Dr. Abraham. Highly recommended.
jimmy – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
I had such a great experience with the NP Raven! She was so welcoming & relatable and down to earth. I was able to open up about things that I had never told anyone. The medication she prescribed makes my day to day living possible. I really can't thank her enough! She's the best in the business.
monique – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
Worst doctor's office I have ever visited. No stars. Horrible service. Does NOT care about his patients.
Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
This was my first and last time going. The NP Raven Modisette is horrible! Very unprofessional and condescending! The way she judged my son after speaking with him 5 minutes was horrible! I wouldn't let her near my dog let alone another human being.
Kdeezie – Aug 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
This is one of the worst doctors office ive been to. They denied to help me because I'm supposedly a hard case. The NP pretty much ran me off and told me to go elsewhere. They're supposed to help not make things worse for you! DO NOT GO HERE THERE'S PLENTY OF OTHER DOCTORS. If it was possible i would give no stars
Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
I love Dr. Abraham, my severe anxiety is now under control & he helped me reduce the amount of medication I was taking down to 1!!! The office staff are compassionate, professional, and courteous. I couldn't recommend going to visit Dr. Abraham more!
Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
I enjoyed my visit with DR.Abraham thank you for taking the time to explain everything to me.
Sedrick in Plano, TX – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
Compassionate doctor and takes his time to explain diagnose and medications
Longview , TX – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?
I love Dr. Abraham, he is very attentive and has really helped my child. He listens to all of my concerns
DeSoto , TX – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayodele Abraham, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abraham?

My perception of the relationship between a physician and patient is a partnership that we work together to accomplish a desired treatment goal. My fundamental...Read more

Dr. Ayodele Abraham moved to the United States in 2002, after practicing psychiatry for 7 years in the United Kingdom. Dr. Ayodele Abraham completed his...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry