Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryFemaleAge 47

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Boston, MA and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Faculty Of Health Sciences Mcmaster University in 2000. She is affiliated with medical facilities Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD

Health Care Associates

330 Brookline Ave Boston, MA 02215
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Abdeen's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Osteoarthritis of Finger Joint
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Toe
  • Osteoarthritis of Wrist
Hide other areas of care
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Abdeen treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Systemic Chondromalacia

Dr. Abdeen accepts

Dr. Abdeen accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Abdeen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abdeen

4.0

Horrible doctor
Dr. Abdeen is horrible. She ALWAYS runs at least 45 minutes late. She will make you repeatedly come in when you don't have to because she is looking for the office visit fee. It doesn't matter if you are an existing patient. If you are due or overdue for X-rays and want them done, she will order them only AFTER she examines you first and that's a load of crap. Have the X-rays done BEFORE you go in to see her. She will make you come back to have the X-rays which is crap. In order for her to effectively treat you, you need to have X-rays and an MRI (if and when needed). She forgets the fact that she has a job because of her patients. Everything that she has is because of her patients and without her patients she wouldn't even have a job. She is supposed to work for her patients but she works against them. With the way taht she treats her patients, she shouldn't be working with them. Even her co-workers hate her and right fully so. She has no business being a doctor at all.
Dec 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
I had a total knee replacement by Dr. Abdeen in October, 2020. She was empathetic and honest about the procedure. Dr. Abdeen answered all of my questions both before and after the surgery during post op visits. I never felt rushed during the visits. I recommended her to a friend who had her knee replaced last summer. She also had a good experience. Although the procedure was painful and the rehab tough, a year after the surgery I am happy I had it done.
Sherry – Oct 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
She replaced both of my hips. Top notch surgeon. I'd go back to her any day.
Hannah – Jul 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
Thankfully she is leaving my doctors office for a new role. She is condescending, rude and rushed. I need a total knee replacement after a couple bad visits with her I decided to get another opinion, I let her know and she was visibly offended and basically rushed me out of her office but not before I asked for a cortisone shot and when I told her where my pain was in my knee (to maybe help when to inject) she said ‘As I’ve told you before it goes in the same place every time’. She does not care for her patients, it is quite obvious.
Jul 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
My experience with Dr Abdeen has been wonderful. I had a knee replacement and went home the same day. My recovery was very fast and since we where in pandemic I did my own PT at home. The Dr was supportive and answered any question that I had. I would highly recommend her for surgery. My wife used her on both her hips and she liked Dr Abdeen as well.
Paul Bemko – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
She such a great sugeon and doctor my knees are hard to do because of joints but not for her I was told by two doctors my knees impossible I asked her she look at me said no there not hunny she made me feel very secured having her do my sugeries she very good I highly recommend her
Disney girl 34 – Sep 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
I was a 42 yo woman who had a failed hip surgery (non replacement) at another, well-known orthopedic hospital in Boston. The surgery failed miserably and I was informed the only way I'd walk again was to have a total hip replacement. That's when I found Dr. Abdeen. Not only did she say she could help me (when others said they couldn't) but she said she would do it as quickly as possible and let me know everything there was to know about my procedure, recovery and long term success. From day one, I knew I was in the right hands. My surgery went incredibly smooth, hospital stay and Dr. Abdeen's follow up care (as well as the entire surgical and nursing teams) was second-to-none. My surgery was a complete success and I am back to living life thanks to Dr. Abdeen.
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
I have aggressive and erosive rheumatoid arthritis for 13 years, my two knees were seriously compromised and I could no longer walk. The last 5 years have been very difficult with limitation and a lot of pain, I no longer had any hope in my life. Dr Abdeen scheduled my first knee replacement. After surgery I obviously felt some pain but nothing compared to the pain I had before the surgery, it was mild pain and no more the pain from inflammation and bone to bone. After 3 months dr Abdeen replaced my second knee, at this time was much easier because had already a great, recovered and perfect knee to help me to recover the new replacement. Dr Abdeen brought life to my body, she brought hope, dreams, energy… “Dr Abdeen brought back my desire to live”. Every day I thank God and Dr. Abdeen for my recovery. You will be always in my heart, Dr. Abdeen.
Mara R – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
Dr Abdeen came highly recommended by one of her fellow colleagues at Beth Israel Deaconess. I was made to feel as if I was wasting her time. She was short, condescending to my knowledge of anatomy and physiology (my profession deals with full knowledge of kinesiology). Her responses were arrogant. She never touch me. Pushed me off to get a hip injection and ordered PT. After 1 visit with PT they asked for an MRI to rule out Labrum issues in the hip. When I called to ask for the next step in treatment, the response I got from staff at the location "she said if it's not in her notes then it's not necessary." After seeking a new doctor that deals with people in my profession, my hip is actually destroyed.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
May 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
My knee surgery experience with Dr. Abdeen was extremely painful. My pain management under her care was abysmal. I found her to be arrogant and condescending. Her communication about what to expect pre and post surgery was minimal. Stay away! There are other good Docs who are caring and compassionate.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
I needed both knees replaced, Dr. Abdeen came highly recommended by my primary care Doctor. Dr. Abdeen is very professional, answered all my questions and did a wonderful job. I had no problems after each surgery, I would recommend her to anyone who needs knee replacement. Very happy patient ??
Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
I needed a complete hip replacement, and having other medical issues, I am very picky about my health care providers. Dr. Abdeen was outstanding, professional and very thorough. We were able to maneuver my many medications with my other physicians and the surgery and recovery went better than I could have imagined. I am a new energetic person without any hip pain, and I thank Dr. Abdeen for that.
Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
Dr. Abdeen is a very competent surgeon and, equally important, a caring person. She replaced my left hip and did a great job. I am as good as new thanks to her skills. She listens to questions and concerns and provides answers. In addition, all of the BI support staff were fantastic.
Ed from Canton – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
Dr Abdeen is very good at what she does. I was totally confident with my decision to get my hip replaced with her team. It’s been 12 weeks and I’m back to normal! I’ve been diligent with physical therapy! That really helped build my strength.
Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
Dr. Abdeen is an excellent surgeon. She also is very adept at explaining procedures, risks and outcomes. She did a knee replacement for me five years ago after I had shattered my tibia and gone through seven other surgeries to repair the bone and deal with an infection. This wasn't an easy surgery but I am now walking and golfing and doing most of the things I used to be able to do - any limitations are not the result of surgical issues but the damage I did in the original accident. Dr. Abdeen is straightforward, honest and thoughtful. I've had to visit for annual checkups as well as two times with issues that concerned me. Both of the latter were nothing out of the ordinary - just minor things that were not problematic, but each time Dr. Abdeen encouraged me to come in or call any time I was concerned about something. She could have made me feel badly about wasting her time on a trivial issue but she didn't which I appreciated. I would see Dr. Abdeen for any joint replacements.
Joyce H. – Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
I have arthritis in my hips and can hardly move anymore. Dr. Abdeen does not care what I look like clinically and wants me to be a total cripple, she was very vicious about not offering hip replacements. She said to get more therapy, which I am no longer capable of and to get injections which have not helped me more than a day. If you want a caring doctor stay away from her.
Apr 05, 2019
Great surgeon !
Mar 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
with no disrespect meant,, I referred to Dr. abdeen as the miracle worker.. It has been six years since she did a total knee replacement. I was in incredible pain and even when a cane could not get around that good.it only took one visit for her to determine what had to be done. Till this day. My knee is as good or better than it has ever been in my entire life. She has an incredible reputation and now I understand why.....
Joe DeFalco in Revere mass – Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
I had a total hip replacement performed by Dr. Abdeen. She is an excellent surgeon who is very easy to talk with. Her explanations are very clear and she answers all questions. My hip replacement was very successful and she is continuing to follow the arthritic condition in my other hip and my knee. I highly recommended her and her team.
Barbra in Boston, MA – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?
Dr. Abdeen & her team are excellent! The skills they have and the care they give to their patients are wonderful. I was very well cared for prior to my hip replacement, during my stay and follow-up. Being in the hospital under her care was like 2 days at a spa. Thank you!
Carol in Dedham – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ayesha Abdeen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abdeen?