Dr. Awais Malik, MD

Practices Family Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 23 reviews.
Author:
I was a walk in clients over the winter. For 2 weeks I was in excruciating pain with sciatica. First time it ever happened to me. I was scared and the pain was making me delirious. Long story short, he spent a decent amount of time with me, he listened to me, did not treat me like a “drug seeker”, etc. The way he handled everything was so beautiful and professional, he is now my primary care physician. Not one complaint about him or his office. His staff are wonderful. He is helping me narrow down the cause of some symptoms that aren’t easily explainable. I appreciate his patience and thoroughness. I am grateful his proximity to my home lead me to him that cold winter day. When I move from this area I will happily come back to this office. He has helped me with everything from physical therapy to getting me the proper doses of thyroid meds, and more.
Author:
Do not even contact this doctor if you have Lyme disease. They do not take patients who even think they might have Lyme disease. You will waste your time.
Author:
Dr. Malik and his staff are just wonderful. My family and I have been going to see him since we moved to CT from NY almost 2 years ago. He is very caring and sympathetic to our needs. The great advantage is that when i was not able to schedule and appointment i walked in and his staff took me in right away. I always feel welcome and have no complaints regarding his office and staff.
Author:
Short wait time. Friendly office staff. Drs very compassionate. Knowledgable physicians who was able to answer all of my questions.
Author:
Unable to get into medical office today because office is NOT handicapped accessible! Was unable to get up the stairs due to a fractured pelvis, needed a ramp to use my walker. Receptionist in office told person that was with me that this office is not handicapped accessible. Definitely will not be recommending this medical office or MD!
Unfortunately we do not have a ramp however we do provide this information over the phone with patients before coming to our office. My apologies for not being able to accommodate you.
Author:
All staff is caring and dedicated to work hard, they treat us like family member specially Dr Awais is so NICE with kids and our family, on our first visit we don't have insurance and he still look us with his special program which is cheap, now we have insurance. Dr Awais is very knowledge able I was infected and after the treatment I'm feeling well, Thankyou Dr Awais for giving stickers to my kids they love them, Highly recommend to everyone. very charming and loving person.
Author:
All I can say is he is the best ?? I was sick and he was the only one that found what I had and quickly got me to the right specialist.. I ended up with grave thyroid disease stage 2 I was very sick .. I will tell everyone yes become a patient there ....
Author:
I cannot express my gratitude enough to Dr Malik! After a year long battle with horrible fatigue, joint aches and swelling, not to mention numerous admissions to Yale, a zillion blood tests and office visits to another practitioner I was at the end of my rope! A friend recommended that I visit Dr Malik. In one visit after describing my symptoms to him, he ordered blood work for Lyme. Sure enough that was it! I was prescribed a regimen of antibiotics and am feeling nearly 100 percent!
Author:
Dr. Malik and staff are GREAT people. They actually care my wife and i and my 4 children go there. They know there stuff and are great with kids. Love it. Thanks alot DR. Malik and staff
Author:
Terrible experience, Totally unresponsive to my needs. No experience. Stay away.
Hello Joe Thank you for your feedback however I don't have a record of you ever being seen in our office we actually do not have you as a patient of our practice at all Did you accompany a family member or friend I would love to reach out to you Thank you Bridgeport Family Medicine
Author:
Great And Happy Doctor. Love his patients and go beyond and above for their health. He take time to listen and understand your personal issues. He explain in detail what to expect with your treatment. But he is tough and severe to make you do your part. At the end he is the guy you want for our health issues. Great team to work with!
Roslin, Thank you so much for your kind review. We are pleased that you had such a great experience. Thank you, BFM
Author:
Dr. Malik is a great doctor and he always spent enough time with me to better understand my health problems and concerns. I never feel like he would like rush my appointment. His staff is very friendly too. I will strongly recommend him to others.
Anna, Thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated! Thank you, BFM
Author:
Dr Malik is very compassionate and takes the time to learn about and understand his patients and what their needs are. He is very passionate about his work and always makes you feel like a priority. I never feel uncomfortable asking questions and have referred my children and family members to him. If I can trust him with the care of my children there is no doubt I believe in this mans ability to give the best care possible from a physician. His staff is also one of the best I've seen around!
Stacy, We appreciate your kind words and thank you for your feedback. Stay healthy! Thank you, BFM
Author:
I recently moved to CT was referred to Dr. Malik from a friend and he is a GREAT Dr. as well as his other Dr. The staff is very friendly and they don't make you wait hours like some of the NY docs. Dr. Malik spent time with me and didn't rush outta the room. He is highly recommended. These docs know what there doing and their very knowledgeable. I'm very happy I found him. Thanks Dr. Malik and the GREAT staff. Mahalos
Judy, BFM thanks you for such an awesome review! We are so happy that we were able to assess all of your needs. Thank you, BFM
Author:
Dr. Malik is GREAT! I can literally say that he is the best doctor that I have had in my lifetime. He is very attentive when I tell him how I feel. And he works very hard with me to find out what may be the underlying cause of the problem. And his hours of operation are fantastic! I am able to see him on the weekends and I don't have to take off of work. Dr. Malik is now the doctor for my entire family.
L. Hodge, Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated! We are thrilled that we can give your entire family the treatment and care that they all need under one roof. Thank you, BFM
Author:
Dr malik is one of the most hands on docs I have ever worked with. He is so caring, compassionate, wildly intelligent and simply put knows what he is doing!! I recommend him to all my family and friends. He is just wonderful. He has helped me in difficult time in my life and now that it's almost over I will be fortunate to ask him if would attend my wedding that he helped get me too. He is a total rock star! I dare you to challenge him with a illness he can't diagnosis and treat thanks dm
Matthew, We appreciate your generous review and feedback. You are a very kind person and we are always happy to see you! Thank you, BFM