Dr. Avani Mohapatra, MD

Dr. Avani Mohapatra, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Avani Mohapatra, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 4 years. She graduated from George Washington University / School of Medicine And Health Sciences in 2008 and specializes in medical oncology, hematology, and more.

110 Irving St NW Rm C-2149

Washington, DC 20010

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Mohapatra

See how frequently Dr. Mohapatra performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
high
Lung Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Mohapatra's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mohapatra "Cancer is a scary time in a patient's life, and for that of the entire family and community. I believe in giving patients all of the possible treatment options so that they can make the most informed and educated decision about the care they wish to receive.

Waiting to be diagnosed can be a lengthy process, and so waiting for treatment can be challenging. We make an effort to get the patient treated in a timely manner so that they aren't waiting around, realizing that there are certain tests we do need to do before we can begin any treatment.

Through education, and a partnership with the patient and their family, and listening to the patient and their wishes, we strive to provide the best care at Washington Cancer Institute."

• Medical Oncology
  • Hematology
  • Oncology

• Hematology
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• University of Maryland
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Mohapatra has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati

Dr. Mohapatra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mohapatra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mohapatra's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mohapatra to family and friends

Dr. Mohapatra's Performance

Dr. Mohapatra Says:
"

Medicine is a constantly changing field, and we value our patients feedback so that we can better provide personalized, focused care. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

"

Initially when I first met Dr. Mohapatra, I was a little hesitant about having her as my doctor due to her age. However, after my first visit I was very pleased with her thoroughness and knowledge as an oncologist. I would definitely recommend my family and friends to her because she was able to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
She was very good I enjoyed having her as my doctor, she put husband at ease he was very nervous about the hold ordeal, any questions I had she answered them all. I never waited long at my appointments. She made me feel better about the chemotherapy Treatments I had to take and the side effects I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Mohapatra explains your situation so that you can understand.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My mom was a patient if Dr. Mohapatra. Did not have a good repor at all with the patient or the patient family. Poor communication about the patient health. And treat who was battling stage 4 Lung cancer. Long period of wait time to see the doctor. Basically did not treat the patient due to lack of...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
On my first meeting with Dr; Mohapatra I found her to be warm, friendly and most importantly to me; truthful. I left her office feeling that she was very knowledgeable in her field and that she indeed would be helpful to me. There was calmness in place of anxiety; M.L.Dixon.
Are you Dr. Mohapatra?