Dr. Avani Mohapatra, MD

Medical Oncology | Female

Dr. Avani Mohapatra, MD
Dr. Avani Mohapatra, MD is a medical oncology doctor who practices in Washington, DC. She is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Mohapatra is affiliated with Medstar Washington Hospital Center.

Dr. Mohapatra's Care Philosophy

Cancer is a scary time in a patient's life, and for that of the entire family and community. I believe in giving patients all of the possible treatment options so that they can make the most informed and educated decision about the care they wish to receive. Waiting to be diagnosed can be a lengthy process, and so waiting for treatment can be challenging. We make an effort to get the patient treated in a timely manner so that they aren't waiting around, realizing that there are certain tests we do need to do before we can begin any treatment. Through education, and a partnership with the patient and their family, and listening to the patient and their wishes, we strive to provide the best care at Washington Cancer Institute.

Dr. Mohapatra's Experience

See how Dr. Mohapatra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mohapatra

Dr. Mohapatra accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Mohapatra is now accepting new patients
WASHINGTON CANCER INSTITUTE110 Irving St NW Rm C-2149
Washington, DC 20010
(202) 877-6894Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mohapatra has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mohapatra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mohapatra to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Mohapatra Says:

Medicine is a constantly changing field, and we value our patients feedback so that we can better provide personalized, focused care. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Dr. Mohapatra's Performance
in Indian Head, MD |
Initially when I first met Dr. Mohapatra, I was a little hesitant about having her as my doctor due to her age. However, after my first visit I was very pleased with her thoroughness and knowledge as an oncologist. I would definitely recommend my family and friends to her because she was able to give me that special comfort and added knowledge to assist me with my medical issues.
in Upper Marlboro Md |
She was very good I enjoyed having her as my doctor, she put husband at ease he was very nervous about the hold ordeal, any questions I had she answered them all. I never waited long at my appointments. She made me feel better about the chemotherapy Treatments I had to take and the side effects I was having I enjoy having her as my doctor
in Laurel, MD |
Dr. Mohapatra explains your situation so that you can understand.
in Washington DC |
My mom was a patient if Dr. Mohapatra. Did not have a good repor at all with the patient or the patient family. Poor communication about the patient health. And treat who was battling stage 4 Lung cancer. Long period of wait time to see the doctor. Basically did not treat the patient due to lack of communication. About treatment options and managing patient symptoms. No concern about the patient needs or illness while suffering from cancer. Overall horrible experience and disappointed.
in Washington, DC |
On my first meeting with Dr; Mohapatra I found her to be warm, friendly and most importantly to me; truthful. I left her office feeling that she was very knowledgeable in her field and that she indeed would be helpful to me. There was calmness in place of anxiety; M.L.Dixon.
Have you seen Dr. Avani Mohapatra, MD?
Are you Dr. Mohapatra?

Compare Dr. Mohapatra

Dr. Mohapatra's Care Philosophy

Cancer is a scary time in a patient's life, and for that of the entire family and community. I believe in giving patients all of the possible treatment options so that they can make the most informed and educated decision about the care they wish to receive.

Dr. Mohapatra says...

Dr. Mohapatra has completed her fellowship and is board certified in Medical Oncology, Hematology and Internal Medicine. Her current focus at Washington Cancer Institute is on Lung Cancer/Thoracic Malignancies and Breast Cancer, but she enjoys treating all tumor types using the latest guidelines and evidence based care. With a new focus on personalized medicine in all of oncology, Dr. Mohapatra also routinely tests for targetable molecular abnormalities that may be specific to a patient's particular tumor.

Dr. Mohapatra says...

Dr. Mohapatra has been trained to perform Lumbar Punctures and Bone Marrow Biopsies.

Dr. Mohapatra says...

Dr. Mohapatra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Medical Oncology
  •  Board certified in Hematology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
  •  Malpractice claims in District of Columbia not available

Dr. Mohapatra has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mohapatra's Board Certifications

• Blood Disorders
  • Breast Cancer
  • Carcinoma
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Thrombosis

Completed in 2014

University Of Maryland

Graduated in 2004

• Gujarati

Dr. Mohapatra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mohapatra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Medical Oncology
  • Hematology
  • Oncology

Dr. Mohapatra does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Mohapatra and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.