Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD

Addiction Medicine ·  Female

Dr. Fohrer

Aviva Fohrer

111 Sibley Ave Fl 2 Ardmore, PA 19003

Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD is an addiction medicine specialist in Ardmore, PA and has been practicing for 10 years. She graduated from Ben Gurion University Of The Negev / Faculty Of Health Science in 2002 and specializes in addiction medicine and family medicine.

Dr. Fohrer accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Fohrer treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Fohrer's conditions and procedures:

• Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Extended-Release Injectable Naltrexone
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Opiate Detoxification Using Buprenorphine
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Substance Abuse

As a specialist in Addiction Medicine, I believe in every individual's right to compassionate quality care for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.

• Addiction Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fohrer

Dr. Fohrer?
Dr. Fohrer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD
DO NOT GO TO AVIVA FOHRER IF YOU ARE SEEKING DRUG ADDICTION TREATMENT. This is the story of what happened to me and if you’re in a similar situation, please find a different doctor to get treatment with. I was a patient of Dr. Fohrer’s for a 5 month period from November 2018 to February 2019. She is a manipulative doctor that only cares about lining her own pockets with money as opposed to the well being of her patients. I went to her primarily to get the Suboxyn shot to overcome opioid addi
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
I drive almost an hour and a half for treatment with the doctor. her manerisms and her approach are genuine , along with her desire and care to help her patience . The doctor is truly caring and wants to help her patients , not just for the business . I am unfortunately bringing my 19-year-old to her try some other doctors in our local area has not had much success I believe doctor for will help her live her life that she has in front of her in a healthy positive way .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Dr. Fohrer remains a cornerstone of my approach to recovery. I have been able to analyze with her all of my earlier endeavors and missteps particularly and honestly. These efforts coupled with step work have given me a success I was never able to previously achieve.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Dr. Fohrer is an amazing, compassionate physician to whom I am truly grateful. She has helped me so much in the past year and I would highly recommend her. From the start, Dr. Fohrer has treated me like a human being not just a patient. Because of her support and faith in me, as well as her knowledge and experience in addiction and addiction medicine , we have built a relationship that has led to my success in recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
I began working with Dr. Fohrer about 7 months ago. With her kind, caring, compassionate, knowledge and expertise I have been able to totally detox from a significant amount of opiod medication I had been used for 7 years due to botched knee replacement surgery. Aviva is an amazing physician, Her background in Family Medicine and Addictive Medicine qualifiers her to achieve success for her patients across a broad spectrum of addictive and dependent recovery needs. I thank her everyday.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
She’s the best. So pragmatic in her treatment, but also keeps one on the correct path with positive reinforcement and guidance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Dr. Fohrer is amazing. I've been going to her for about 9-10 months now for opioid addiction and has helped me tremendously. The doctor I was going to before her had my medication switched to a higher or lower dose every month, but Dr. Fohrer had me on a steady dose for a couple months and we've already began to taper down. She's honestly changed my life, not only in the addiction area but with problems in my personal life as well. I'd recommend her to anyone that seriously wants the help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Fohrer for the past month for alcohol addiction after being recommended by a friend. I will be forever grateful for the recommendation. After suffering for years with cravings and several relapses, I finally feel in control of my disease. I also struggle with anxiety and after doing genetic testing, she thoroughly explained the results and together we made the decision to make a change in medication. Dr. Fohrer is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and very easy to talk to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
I would certainly recommend Dr. Fohrer to any friend needing help with addiction. She has been extremely helpful to me in finding and setting attainable goals and then being able to stick with them. She is always encouraging, never judgemental and is a lovely warm person to be with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Dr.Fohrer was recommended to me by my psychologist. I had seen another addiction specialist in the area the week before, and was very uneasy with his recommendations for me. As soon as we met with Dr. Fohrer I knew this was something I could do. Her compassion, kindness and constant contact made my medically supervised detox at home a success. She has helped us make a personal plan for my sobriety. I owe my life to Dr. Fohrer, my spouse and my psychologist. Please call Dr. Aviva Fohrer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
I had an upsetting experience with Dr. Fohrer in 2016. I'm a pain patient w/PTSD in relation to doctors with zero addiction history, but she'd agreed to take over prescribing my medication for pain. Not only did she call all of my doctors to tell them she was treating me for rx medication addiction, she wouldn't allow my fiancé (my medical advocate) to attend my appointment. I was unable to reach her by phone during a medical emergency. She doesn't take insurance, thus the fee was prohibitive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
I have been going to Dr Fohrer for some time now, I was an addict most of my life. I was never able to let things out or talk to people, I always let everything bottle up and used drugs to forget life. Dr.Fohrer talks with me, she listens and gives me the best advice possible, she looks at me like I'm a person and not just another addict. Everytime i was in need to talk she was there. I would recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Unfortunatly, I didn't have the experience others have had. My son saw the Dr. Four times after relapsing on heroin after a year clean. When asked to leave a urine sample, he was unable to do so because of serious anxiety. He left as much as he could, but not enough. When he could finally go, he was told her hours were over and he could not get back i, time. He said he could return early in the morning and was told not to. She dropped him on addictive meds with no renewals and no referral.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Dr. Fohrer is an outstanding provider and the most knowledgeable person I've encountered regarding benzodiazepine dependence, withdraw, and tapering. When I first saw her I was taking 1 mg klonopin a day for general anxiety and she helped me safely taper off the drug. I would wholeheartedly recommend her if you are in a similar situation or need help/advice regarding addictions, particularly benzos.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
She really listens and doesn't make you feel rushed. It's nice to feel like somepne cares and has the time to listen to problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Excellent, intelligent, caring doctor! I highly recommend her!
She is great doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Dr. Fohrer is a wonderful physician, extremely knowledgeable in her field, She has been very helpful to me in dealing with a somewhat unusual problem, and gave me a number of useful adjunctive measures, nonpharmaceutical, to take in addressing it. She has been very flexible in helping me in my unusual circumstances, and also in making suggestions for a relative with a somewhat similar problem. I recommend her with great enthusiasm.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Dr. Fohrer saved my life. She knows addiction just as well as an addict does. She isn't just about pasifyjng the situation with meds, she takes the time with therapy and proper medication to make sure your success is 100%. I would and have recommended everyone to her. If you are serious about recovery and will work for it she is the Dr. you want.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?
Very friendly and easy to speak to. She's smart and cares about her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aviva Fohrer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fohrer?

Compare Providers